Not a cars and coffee thread

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
Since personal photo essays are all the rage around here lately

Spent some time camping at Lake Placid and hittin' up the Mount Marcy summit, the highest point in NY State

Gods' country

1565562592775.png

If you're lucky, you can find a lean-to...makes for a decent basecamp before hitting the summit and more civilized than Baltimore

1565562648913.png

...and a shitter, ysr_racer ysr_racer must be eating nearby...

1565562901759.png

Drinking water source...cleaner than Flint

1565562791763.png

Going up Marcy, the treeline starts to thin...

1565562844828.png

It's NY, enviro-Nazis in full effect...

1565562976019.png

In sight, after hours and miles of hiking almost as exciting as looking up your mom's skirt :up:

1565563033181.png

Indian Falls and one for the fanbase to rub one out to...

1565563145847.png

The summit

A few of us used to go here in the late 80's while in school and reconvened for a 30th graduation anniversary. Now we're bringing our kids (pictured is not my boy)

1565563197221.png

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Before heading out to the trail, ate at a place on the main Lake Placid strip which had pubic hair on the ceiling

This place would be appreciated by you twinks that are into bears...

1565563722970.png

The only other place where we ate served food (just outside of Placid)

1565563788444.png

Beer Menu:

1565563821722.png

It was extremely average. My brisket was on the dry side

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
That is a damn good hike. I've done it some years ago. Been hearing about blue green algae in some lakes in the tristate.. I pretty sure you are ok up North.

Last edited:
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Good hike indeed

I thought I was gonna die

Downers:

We were warned of extremely high bear activity (not the gay ones you faggots), so they force you to use these specially designed 'bear barrels' for food storage at $8/barrel/day. The story is that hanging your food in a tree with rope is ineffective. The bears have learned over time that they can't break the barrels open so won't fuck with your site. What an unexpected pain in the ass it was carrying those things.

1565564370750.png

The other downer was camp fires are prohibited. I get it, forest fires, timber erosion, and all that. But it just ain't camping without a fire

It's like when your mom doesn't fix me a sammich after I banged her

Major upside was the weather was f'n perfect, no insects, and no marauding mass-shooters :up:

LE05BUSA

GFY
Your hat and shirt are a serious juxtaposition. Kind of like Matthew Modine's character in FMJ with "Born To Kill" written on his helmet and then wearing a peace button.

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Your hat and shirt are a serious juxtaposition. Kind of like Matthew Modine's character in FMJ with "Born To Kill" written on his helmet and then wearing a peace button.
Perceptive and deep you are :up:

I bought that shirt just for this trip

I highly endorse it

Breathes like you have nothing on

The cap...not so much

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
"Artic Alpine plant zone" at 5,400 feet? I guess "you people" have never been to the Rockies. The tree line in Colorado is around 11,000 feet.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
You should take a trip to Fagaras Mountains Romania (2500m)
There you can make campfires, carry food any way you want, shit in the forest cause u sure as fuck wont see a port o potty...and drive the Transfagarasan on your way out

You will see bear, elk, mountain goat on a regular basis, even in the middle of the day.
A good hunting friend has a nice lodge at the foothills of Fagaras that has ALL the amenities...and when i say ALL... I mean it (wink wink)

tinhead

Has never named a pet
And you sit in your parents' basement as age 60 disappears in the rear view mirror. :rotfl:
You should take a trip to Fagaras Mountains Romania (2500m)
There you can make campfires, carry food any way you want, shit in the forest cause u sure as fuck wont see a port o potty...and drive the Transfagarasan on your way out

You will see bear, elk, mountain goat on a regular basis, even in the middle of the day.
A good hunting friend has a nice lodge at the foothills of Fagaras that has ALL the amenities...and when i say ALL... I mean it (wink wink)

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Im sitting in my high rise water front apartment in Romania right now. Taking a one month break
How bout you?

tinhead

Has never named a pet
20190812_105720.jpg 20190812_114727.jpg

We took our grandson to the children's museum in West hartford. Having lunch before we drop him off. Then I'll probably put the forks back on the Concours.

Has anyone mentioned lately that Pranav, the proprietor of Bombay Motorsports, is a wonderful human being, caring and supportive far beyond others.

BigHock

BAMF
I’m bookmarking this thread now! Good content, plus
"Artic Alpine plant zone" at 5,400 feet? I guess "you people" have never been to the Rockies. The tree line in Colorado is around 11,000 feet.
When I visit my friends in Basalt, we hike to ‘Hanging Lake’. I’m not sure of the elevation, but it’s where the air and trees are very thin.

Great thread by the way. Didn’t think of LS as a camper. More of a ‘Four Seasons’ type camper.

Top Bottom