...no one is buying it...Uvalde chief is out...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
We have the police force that we as a society demanded, all the dudes that want to be the first thru the door to incinerate that piece of shit without regard for their own lives have all been pushed out of the profession, replaced by cowards. Our streets are policed by the lowest common denominator in American society, the badge is their only escalator.
It's exactly as you say and it isn't just in policing where the lack of commitment to quality shows.
John Cleese nailed it on there only being maybe 12% in any field being worth a fuck and the rest are just going through the motions so they can draw a paycheck.

Bottom line is that we need more door kicking bad asses back on the job.

Don't want to wait on the pendulum to swing back that way.

Vegas12

BAMF+
I think you're getting too hung up on what "active shooter" means in the context of LEO training and response. The active shooting had already begun. Whether or not the gunfire abated for the moment doesn't matter. Cops took fire, doesn't get more active than that. They then retreated back down the hallway and sat around for another 40 something minutes while kids bled out.
I'll accept your wording.....more so than the deposed chief who made the different call.

I would just have to be sure that charging in would not have cost more lives.

Stetson

BAMF+
I would just have to be sure that charging in would not have cost more lives.
That's what most rational, reasonable people would want to do, which is why we had to go through the training to change that thought process and instead charge in there and hope for the best. You can't be sure there won't be more caualties. And that has been, generally speaking, the standardized training doctrine for the last 20 years, or 2/3rds of that school police chief's 29 year career.

Vegas12

BAMF+
That's what most rational, reasonable people would want to do, which is why we had to go through the training to change that thought process and instead charge in there and hope for the best. You can't be sure there won't be more caualties. And that has been, generally speaking, the standardized training doctrine for the last 20 years, or 2/3rds of that school police chief's 29 year career.
Thanks for that....

20 years in FD/EMS and the 1st thing always was scene safety simply because a dead 1st responder was of no use.....Freelancing was grounds for termination at worst.

The fired chief did tell a story at one point that matches your SOP....but threw in a part about keys.

The problem I've had from the beginning are the ever changing stories....and whom to believe.

fish_antlers

BAMF+
Website
www.bikeland.org
It's exactly as you say and it isn't just in policing where the lack of commitment to quality shows.
John Cleese nailed it on there only being maybe 12% in any field being worth a fuck and the rest are just going through the motions so they can draw a paycheck.

Bottom line is that we need more door kicking bad asses back on the job.

Don't want to wait on the pendulum to swing back that way.
Link to John cleese quote?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Thanks for that....

20 years in FD/EMS and the 1st thing always was scene safety simply because a dead 1st responder was of no use.....Freelancing was grounds for termination at worst.

The fired chief did tell a story at one point that matches your SOP....but threw in a part about keys.

The problem I've had from the beginning are the ever changing stories....and whom to believe.

It's the Era of CYA, turned up to eleven.

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
This is what these woke agendas get us. Police leadership who is more concerned with public perception than they are about lives of 4th graders. Some of the stories coming out, if true, are completely unacceptable.
Uvalde is, presumably, a Republican town in a Republican state with a Republican police chief and a Republican mayor.

Presumably the police also vote overwhelmingly Republican and I'm sure more than a few have one of those "Thin Blue Line" stickers on their truck.

In other words, the police force in a small conservative town is the last place any sort of woke shit would be found.

So how does the woke agenda fit in here?

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
Uvalde is, presumably, a Republican town in a Republican state with a Republican police chief and a Republican mayor.

Presumably the police also vote overwhelmingly Republican and I'm sure more than a few have one of those "Thin Blue Line" stickers on their truck.

In other words, the police force in a small conservative town is the last place any sort of woke shit would be found.

So how does the woke agenda fit in here?
Sen. Roland Gutierrez, the Democrat who represents Uvalde, pressed McCraw on whether Texans under 21 should be able to purchase a rifle like the one the shooter used.

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
I've never heard the John Cleese theory, always heard a slightly higher figure that only 20% of people are good at their jobs. In larger places that seems pretty accurate, especially management.

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
Seems to me that 6 sheriff's officers should be enough in that small of town. I've seen 3 in towns of 10,000, irregardless of the number of schools (usually 1 or 2).

Top Bottom