no comments about John Bolton leaving?

busa10

BAMF
"I will say I respect Trump for doing whatever he thinks best (right or wrong) without giving a rats ass about what others think. "

What a low bar to set for POTUS. :roll:
So you would prefer he does things what he thinks is worse and cares more about what others think instead of being honest to his own opinion?
I prefer him being honest to himself and I can decide what he does or says that I disagree with or don't like. Transparency... a high bar set.

The reason I think it's an issue is because how you allow someone to make their departure has an effect on how they characterize their time in the administration. 'I resigned' sounds way better than 'I was fired', and it allows for a more dignified exit. If Bolton says anything negative about Trump (and he's already answering his door for reporters), there's going to be another moronic shit-storm of a tweet exchange and the possibility of Bolton disclosing non-classified info that Trump would rather not have put in public, and that could potentially help a Dem candidate in 2020.
This here!
I pulled up this thread thinking that I had commented on it, but I guess I did not. I never thought it was a good idea to kick Bolton in the balls on his way out the door, like Trump did. It was inflammatory and unneccessary, and Bolton seems like a guy that will fuck with you for the rest of his life, if you cross him.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
My take on this- Bolton's revelations may very well throw a monkey-wrench into the core of the defense's case- nothing that has been said thus far will mean anything compared to what comes out (good or bad for Trump, but it's not sounding good) if he and Barr (and others, who are being brought into focus due to other allegations in the forthcoming book that came out over the last couple of days) testify. It's possible that Bolton is the source of the leak rather than the WH, and, if that's the case, it's 100% he will swear under oath that it's all true (he'd have to in order to sell his book). Trump still won't be removed, but the impeachment itself will be legitimized (which can't happen without firsthand accounts lIke- potentially- Bolton's).

The fact that John Kelly came out and says he believes Bolton will make it hard for some Rep senators not to vote for witnesses, and McConnell said today he doesn't have the votes to block them- of course, if that happens, the floodgates are possibly going to open on both sides- there may be an agreement to limit the number on both sides. Then again, McConnell may figure out a way to keep Bolton off the stand (at least publicly).

one said he "believed" trump "wanted" to withhold money.....the other commented he agreed that the other guy "believed" trump "wanted" to withhold money.

youll notice neither said trump actually withheld any money, or made any attempt to do so (and he didnt)....but the beat goes on and on da da dum da dum...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
A partisan impeachment legitimized because of a transcript of a book written by a fired employee.

No stretch there at all...

Liberal minds amaze me...not so much
I think it would be 'legitimized' by giving legs to the 'quid pro quo' argument- if you're of a different opinion, that's fine. If he testifies under oath (and others who he claims can corroborate what he's saying testify as well), it's a bit more than a 'transcript of a book'.

In other threads, you complained (a lot) about no one with first-hand knowledge testifying re: Trump's actions- well, this could be it, and you still have an issue with it- OK... Bolton was the National Security Advisor to Trump, which is way beyond being a simple 'employee'- he was part of the inner-circle.

Whatever...none of this meets the standard for impeachment anyway. Just another libtard shit show to delegitimize an election held over 3 years ago.

Fuckin losers.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Well, we'll see- I thought very early on the witness deal was a possibility, and then after a few days I thought it was dead (and it sure seemed like McConnell had won)- the Bolton deal breathed new life into it, though. I'm not trying to start an argument with anybody, nor am I posting to piss anyone off, but what's happening is what's happening.

Like I said, I still think there's zero chance Trump will be removed (it will probably be close just getting the four Rep votes the Dems need- it's still not a guarantee), and I don't think he deserves to be based on any evidence that's been provided- I also think he's likely to be re-elected in November- what may come out if Bolton testifies could hurt him with the very small group of undecided/swing voters, though- it could have an effect, and that's what the Dems are hoping for.

BigGar

high on placebo
Bolton isn't a whole lot different than Schiff, or Warren, or (insert Republican who should have been term limited out a decade ago). They're all on the same team. It's called the status quo don't upset the apple cart team. Keep the military industrial complex fat and happy at the expense of American lives and our standard of living. Trump is fucking that up for all of them, and they're beside themselves. Democrats will do or say anything to get him out. No lie is too big. Republicans are scared to fucking death of going against him because if they did they would be royally fucked by their constituents, but if they could get him out without looking bad there would be a huge sigh of relief in Washington as it would right back to business as usual, and we ain't in that club.

CID

BAMF+
In other threads, you complained (a lot) about no one with first-hand knowledge testifying re: Trump's actions- well, this could be it, and you still have an issue with it- OK... Bolton was the National Security Advisor to Trump, which is way beyond being a simple 'employee'- he was part of the inner-circle.
I'm guilty of that too.... even though Trump is still denying it all there's enough smoke at this point up and down the chain to give pause -- I've since moved on to the "so what, if he did it" crowd in a new social political model I've entitled "Economics over Ethics" :biggrin:

Top Bottom