no comments about John Bolton leaving?

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I always liked the guy, A little more hawkish then my personal flavor, but he seemed like a straight shooter

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
fwiw I agreed with bolton 98% of the time

CID

Last edited:
Trump cited not liking any of his ideas and blanketed everyone else in the administration with this opinion.

BigHock

BAMF
Fuck Bolton! If he were Pres., we would be at war right now. :roll:

Oh, and fuck Trump too. Just because...

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
My thing is I'm a peaceful kinda guy...

I do feel I can,kick,ass when needed...

However I feel like bolton couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.

I feel like our national security advisor should be able to kick ass... Only dudes that have power have restraint...

I literally would drag that pussy around by his fag stache'

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Bolton was a supporter of the Vietnam War, but purposely avoided military service in Vietnam.[37][31]During the 1969 Vietnam War draft lottery, Bolton drew number 185. (Draft numbers were assigned by birth date.)[38] As a result of the Johnson and Nixon administrations' decisions to rely largely on the draft rather than on the reserve forces, joining a Guard or Reserve unit became a way to avoid service in the Vietnam War,

On this one I believe Bolton. Trump has a problem with the truth when it makes him look bad. Kind of like the Hurricane and Alabama last week....

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Bolton likely did offer his resignation prior to being fired (as he claimed in the tweet following Trump's announcement)- now we've got another potentially contentious 'he said, she said' high-level departure, and Bolton isn't likely to show the restraint of Gen. Mattis as far as the press is concerned. Trump will probably replace him with someone in the Barr/Pompeo/Mnuchin mold.

I don't see how misspeaking Alabama or firing someone makes him look bad. These are trivial things.

Not letting it go makes him look bad. We will see how he handles his latest distraction.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Bolton was watching the Fox News report on his departure (they showed the Trump tweet saying he was fired) and texted them live to say he actually resigned- Bolton obviously isn't going to just let it go.

The first few seconds have no audio, but it comes back on:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Bolton's terse resignation letter- just two sentences, and no praise for Trump:

59D2A448-5FDC-444B-B6D7-E30689E79DF0.jpeg

tinhead

Has never named a pet
If lying Bolt On says he resigned yesterday, why is the letter dated today:question2:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
He claims he offered to resign on the evening of the 9th, but Trump said to wait until the next day, so it would have been dated on the 10th (the day of submission). Bolton could definitely be lying- either way, there's contention about what really happened, and that doesn't bode well.

Note the date:

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
the whole how resigned first thing is a non issue to me.

I liked the guy for his frank comments.

I hope his replacement is of high caliber

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
The reason I think it's an issue is because how you allow someone to make their departure has an effect on how they characterize their time in the administration. 'I resigned' sounds way better than 'I was fired', and it allows for a more dignified exit. If Bolton says anything negative about Trump (and he's already answering his door for reporters), there's going to be another moronic shit-storm of a tweet exchange and the possibility of Bolton disclosing non-classified info that Trump would rather not have put in public, and that could potentially help a Dem candidate in 2020.

busa10

BAMF

I liked the guy for his frank comments.

I hope his replacement is of high caliber
Agreed.

I couldn't care less who said what first. I will say I respect Trump for doing whatever he thinks best (right or wrong) without giving a rats ass about what others think.

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
The reason I think it's an issue is because how you allow someone to make their departure has an effect on how they characterize their time in the administration. 'I resigned' sounds way better than 'I was fired', and it allows for a more dignified exit. If Bolton says anything negative about Trump (and he's already answering his door for reporters), there's going to be another moronic shit-storm of a tweet exchange and the possibility of Bolton disclosing non-classified info that Trump would rather not have put in public, and that could potentially help a Dem candidate in 2020.
maybe so, My opinion of Bolton is unchanged regardless of who said what first. Either is fine with me but then again I'm not hiring him....I would....but I have given up taking over countries for now. Maybe next year though.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
whos to say they didnt "talk about it tomorrow" and he accepted his resignation today?
Trump said he told Bolton he was done on the 9th- Bolton said Trump told him they'd discuss it on the 10th- note the 12 minute time difference between their tweets. Bolton held his morning meetings on the 10th as usual, which he wouldn't have done had he been told 'his services were no longer needed at the White House'.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
maybe so, My opinion of Bolton is unchanged regardless of who said what first. Either is fine with me but then again I'm not hiring him....I would....but I have given up taking over countries for now. Maybe next year though.
It's not about what happens to Bolton's career... You said you hope his replacement is of 'high caliber'- if he's treated badly/unfairly/dishonestly during this period, those 'high caliber' people aren't likely to be looking to become a 'yes man' in order to fill Bolton's shoes.

im sure we will get a rebuttal from the other side eventually. as with all high profile stories....the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Good lord what kind of world is this when twitter is the official chronological time of record in future history books lols
History will from now on be spoon-fed in chunks of 280 characters or fewer...

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
It's not about what happens to Bolton's career... You said you hope his replacement is of 'high caliber'- if he's treated badly/unfairly/dishonestly during this period, those 'high caliber' people aren't likely to be looking to become a 'yes man' in order to fill Bolton's shoes.
it was in regard to how people feel on his departure...who said what first. Not really the huge point to me that the media is making it to be.

as far as a replacement, yes I hope for a high caliber person, If they are afraid Trump will be an unpredictable, thin skinned, tweeting fool, then it's gonna be a long wait. If on the other hand they have thick skin (one of he requirements) then we'll see. Maybe like you say it will remain an open position because people are afraid of how they are treated.

shall we not forget that obamas twitter account had some 15,000 tweets during his tenure in office...

i dont recall anyone giving a flying fuck that he posted nearly 5 times a day every day while in office, but maybe it was just me.

think perhaps more its because trumps tweets seem to be far more "what a normal person would say" vs being prim and polished and presidential...and it cracks me up that here we are nearly 4 years after the election and folks still cant figure out thats exactly what won him the election in the first place.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
it was in regard to how people feel on his departure...who said what first.
I was referring to Bolton's self-respect, not necessarily how he would be perceived by others. If Trump is going to make it look like he fired him (to appear as the 'winner' in their disagreement) when Bolton actually offered his resignation, Bolton is probably going to go on the defensive, and he likely knows a lot of things Trump would rather not have publicly known.

It would have been so easy to throw the guy a bone and say it was an amicable, mutual decision instead of tweeting 'his services are longer needed', which is more of a 'fuck you', and not allowing him to leave with dignity.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Good riddance to Bolton...too bad he didn't take Pompeo with him.
Pompeo probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon- he's definitely 'inside the tent pissing out.'

I'm not particularly sorry to see Bolton go, but I did like the fact he was anything but a sycophant- a president (any president) needs people around who aren't afraid to say they think he's wrong. Trump has the right to choose the people he wants, but, sometimes, you have to choose the people you need.

Losing Mattis was HUGE- he was the best guy on Trump's staff, and he was definitely someone Trump needed.

CID

huge... meh..... you never heard of him till Trump, so dont think ANYBODY is too huge to get canned.

Trump and ONLY Trump was the guy elected. Not any fancy General, not any fancy expert. The people elected TRUMP.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
I liked Bolton, because he was a warhawk.

Trump is trying to pull out of A-stan and I doubt Bolton agreed with that ...Bolton would probably like us to stay around until everyone in A-stan over the age or 20 is dead. The younger generation wants no part of the Taliaban.

Top Bottom