Ninja 400 Fast/Light

C. Dolan

BAMF+
RE: Back Tire Contact Area :
You're not going to get much more than Stites picture unless
tire pressure is way low, or you low side.

The profile is almost straight up on the sides for this tire / rim size.
Other tires will have a have less rounded profile if one is concerned about KFC.

The front tire has the same profile.

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Thank you C. Dolan C. Dolan!

Now in regards to Mr Lucky he can suck it! And in the back on his Volvo

RE: Back Tire Contact Area :
You're not going to get much more than Stites picture unless
tire pressure is way low, or you low side.

The profile is almost straight up on the sides for this tire / rim size.
Other tires will have a have less rounded profile if one is concerned about KFC.

View attachment 67305
The front tire has the same profile.
View attachment 67306

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Stripped the bike down in preparation to start mounting the Woodcraft Bodywork

With all the stuff I stripped off it’s down to 318 lbs but I still need to mount the bodywork. I am expecting to add 10 lbs. However I still need to pull the kickstand, ABS module and all them emissions stuff.

CB6D9ACB-A4BD-41D9-80AD-0883407522E2.jpegC27CFDF7-BBF8-49B3-A9DD-8ADEBAA8C649.jpeg

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
gotta say the armor body stuff was surprisingly easy to fit.

The last hot bodies set I had was a nightmare, and not the I forgot my pants at work kind of nightmare, the Freddie Kruger version.

I have a Norton body coming for my 400. It doesn't look like a Ninja. It's more narrow and taller than the stock body work. Taller for me I think will be good as I can't fully get my frame work down behind the screen on these little bikes. Also they ditch shit like the fake headlight location so it might be a fair bit more areodynamic. It comes in either a clear coat, primer grey, or factory graphic as shown for a hundo, I figured what the hell and ordered the factory set so it will look like this out of the box supposedly.

wormser77

BAMF+
gotta say the armor body stuff was surprisingly easy to fit.

The last hot bodies set I had was a nightmare, and not the I forgot my pants at work kind of nightmare, the Freddie Kruger version.

I have a Norton body coming for my 400. It doesn't look like a Ninja. It's more narrow and taller than the stock body work. Taller for me I think will be good as I can't fully get my frame work down behind the screen on these little bikes. Also they ditch shit like the fake headlight location so it might be a fair bit more areodynamic. It comes in either a clear coat, primer grey, or factory graphic as shown for a hundo, I figured what the hell and ordered the factory set so it will look like this out of the box supposedly.

View attachment 69974
I was really hoping it was a kit that made it look like a Norton!

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
The Sparks titanium exhaust came in for Jeff’s bike and tap and dies were needed to get the 02 sensor to work. It appears it may have warped during welding.

F5043394-4570-4B3A-8284-EDC8D5B2051E.jpeg

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Stock exhaust versus titanium exhaust View attachment 70635View attachment 70636
I think the O2 bung just shrank during welding. When metal gets really hot it shrinks some.

On the weight of the exhaust, to be fair, you have to include the hanger it's gonna be on v the one that comes with the Ti system. I think there were one or two other little clamps as well.

Ryan told me that that system might give a few HP, it was also a lot more crash worthy. I think Graves also has a map for this system. 3+ hp probably which considering these things have 43 hp, thats a 7+ percent increase.

I gotta jet outa here tomorrow for some business, when I get back I think Pra will have sent some more parts, I'm probably going to just work on the R6 though as I"ll be flogging it at Thill next

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
On the weight of the exhaust, to be fair, you have to include the hanger it's gonna be on v the one that comes with the Ti system. I think there were one or two other little clamps as well.
Intentionally left the bracket out because the stock hangar is the rear foot peg and it was still on the bike

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Got her all buttoned up for my pre-race track day this weekend in prep for my first AFM race in September . Jeff donated a few hours of help when he got back on Monday which was a big help.

New weight is 336 down from 370. Off the top of my head I know I can easily get to 325……from there it’s going to be spending big money to drop weight.66E11E7E-7F9E-4768-A7F2-93034A3F0B7E.jpegBF95E675-7AD7-46E5-8AB1-BF1F318A4397.jpegC357212A-D037-43F2-8891-D905D4922024.jpeg1447D10D-9421-411F-9825-C08758E557B6.jpeg103737C0-077A-4695-95DC-2575E43EC434.jpegB2971FC5-7D85-4573-B934-DDD96F9F14B0.jpeg

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
It’s about 6-8 if I recall when you to ti
Just acquired a stock 2015 Yamaha R3. Can't wait to do modifications Along with canyon riding and trackdays.
Fun on the track for sure, some tracks are more set up for them others you just get slaughtered

• Red
Reactions: Red
Website
cs.com
Just acquired a stock 2015 Yamaha R3. Can't wait to do modifications Along with canyon riding and trackdays.
Being 320cc vs 400. I definitely understand but, as posted before on a different thread. I bought this from a tow yard with low miles for under 1000 bucks. So I'm really just getting it for fun. I'm a previous ninja 300 owner. So I pretty much know the potential of this bike. I have multiple big bore bikes as well BUT, I do have a 2012 ninja 650 with a zx6r front end for heavier track duty. Also test rode a R3 a few years back at the San Diego motorcycle show. (( have never ridden a Ninja 400)) which I've heard nothing but good. Definitely fun riding a (slower bike) faster. Good luck on your project.👍

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Stock clips ons versus aftermarket. Also rear sets have been changed out so there’s some weight there.

Big thanks to Terry_Schiavo Terry_Schiavo who put in time on my bike to get it ready for this weekend at Thunderhill.

We will be putting in more time on it today and loading tomorrow for a Monday track day where we will slaughter all the big bikes on little bikes.

EDE21E4F-3656-4D75-BA67-190A14ACBB16.jpegE3C7E736-EA40-494A-B39A-D0CDEF8701B0.jpeg

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Got a bunch more stuff done on the bike after getting a personal coaching lesson all day from our friend Lisa. She really helped me sort some lines and helped me gain some confidence throughout the track. She’s an excellent coach and an all around fun person.

Lisa also helped me get registered for my first race next weekend. I am signed up for 1 race on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. I am excited and with a slight bit of anxiety.

Bike is just about done as I just need to remove the coolant and add distilled water. Also need to add my race numbers.

8A0ADFB0-0066-4678-ADB6-9A999459F2B1.jpeg

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Did you change the sprockets to run a shorter chain?
Haven’t done anything with the chain or sprockets just yet. Seems lots of people are going with larger front countershaft and smaller final drive.

• Red

Vandal

BAMF
I would've expected the opposite. If you go smaller on both you can run a shorter chain which saves weight and also shortens the wheelbase. Do you need tire warmers?

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
I would've expected the opposite. If you go smaller on both you can run a shorter chain which saves weight and also shortens the wheelbase. Do you need tire warmers?

Yeah I need to buy warmers, they are on a long list of shit I need for this bike.

• Red
Top Bottom