Ninja 400 Fast/Light

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
That’s the goal fast and light

Looks like Dolan’s first picture had her at 369. I need to find out if he took the pictures with a full tank

C81E2502-431E-4D9E-999F-FF32700BB1DB.png

Jeff recently stripped a bunch of stuff off of the bike to get it track ready.

3168C0AF-49EC-40E3-8618-B93640416AAB.jpeg

I bought scales to see weight bias front to rear as well as total weight.

Currently the bike is sitting at 353, but I need to check the gas level and with Dolan.

42B0D153-50A1-49D8-B0BA-E851AE5864EE.jpeg

Plan is to start adding lighter parts, lightening things up and adding go fast stuff. I am looking forward to throwing some time and money at this bike.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
It's a little porker isn't it. At least the wheels are light.
I had a friend with a Honda MT125R roadracer. We took every bolt off of it and had a guy drill holes all the way thru them to lighten it up. I've seen a few stock hollow bolts on Yamaha R- somethings.

Master-Cylinder

What were the weights of some of your race bikes?

luckystrike luckystrike do you even ride? And riding Terry_Schiavo Terry_Schiavo does not count.
Around 250lbs. If it didn't need to be on it, it wasn't. Front disc's were held on by every other bolt. Almost all of the washers had holes drilled in them, and they were titanium. Most of the bolts are titanium and aluminum. Heel guards by the pegs were carbon, and on and on.

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Around 250lbs. If it didn't need to be on it, it wasn't. Front disc's were held on by every other bolt. Almost all of the washers had holes drilled in them, and they were titanium. Most of the bolts are titanium and aluminum. Heel guards by the pegs were carbon, and on and on.
Yeah it can get pretty ridiculous. I would love to get this bike down to 300 but I think that’s a big feat.

• Red
Reactions: Red

Master-Cylinder

See that rear brake fluid reservoir? On my Honda RS250, it's just a clear hose, no reservoir, has a plug in it for a cap. They came that way. Anything thing that was held together with a nut and bolt, got the nut removed and modified so it didn't need one. Probably removed a dozen nuts that way. Even the fucking bolts inside the engine were Ti. I'd like to get it out of its crate and just look at its beauty again.

Master-Cylinder

Those will be the first couple things I do coupled with pair valve removal
I don't know why people remove the PAIR valve. I think I'd leave it on just because it allows the exhaust to burn more, which causes the exhaust to flow faster. When ever you have one idling and you plug off the PAIR valve hoses, the idle slows down slightly. The Great Smoky Yunick drilled holes in the headers of his race cars to let air in and allow the exhaust to burn faster. NASCAR banned it.
But then, who knows how it effects the scavenging. I was always going to test it on the real dyno at The JunkYard, but never had tyme to.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
rotational weight... wheel spacers and a billet clutch basket for starters. Theres probably 5lbs that could come off the motor.
Check the cams/caps see how they spin. Adjustable sprockets for tuning them
then ceramic bearings in the wheels/transmission
carve up the rear rotor on the water jet
get rid of the 1 piece street MC and get a race one & caliper
ti bolts
shit you could make the whole frame out of ti then do a banana aluminum swingarm for weight savings and chassis stiffening.
get rid of the chinsey steel triples

but in the end the more you do to it the less you are going to ride it at 10/10ths.

Just do crash protection and race body.

C. Dolan

BAMF+
C. Dolan C. Dolan I bough that very bike last week for the wife. 450 miles 2019 for $4500.

Having ridden both I assume on Palomar which did you prefer the Z or the Ninja?

View attachment 66422
They're quite similar in being upright bikes so too close to call . Ninja has more top end over 100 mph if you're out in the open.
In general, I prefer nekkid bikes in the tight stuff.
Make sure to put heavier clutch springs in the new arrival. All mine already have them.

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
They're quite similar in being upright bikes so too close to call . Ninja has more top end over 100 mph if you're out in the open.
In general, I prefer nekkid bikes in the tight stuff.
Make sure to put heavier clutch springs in the new arrival. All mine already have them.
Thanks, do you have a part number? Do you think my wife needs them?

• Red

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
I am not trying to make it super nice, just light and fast
well youre behind the 8 ball on this...lol
race ready 600s have a min weight req of 355lbs for ASRA... usually those bikes in impound have a 1/2 to 1 gallon of fuel left.

The frame, wheels, & forks are where you are going to find the necessary weight reduction to get it into the 260lb range.
Or you can find a moto 3 chassis and plunk the 400 engine in it. :D

C. Dolan

BAMF+
Thanks, do you have a part number? Do you think my wife needs them?.... Yep
My new Z 400 clutch slipped bad at high rpm the 1st day I had it.
They only have 3 springs.
I got mine 2 years ago from Barnett ( $ 27 ) and I would think other vendors would have them.

• Red
...will that motor fit in the Benelli...???...
Don't waste your money get a CSC RX4 450cc engine way cheaper plus the engine works with the Benelli OEM wire harness and the Aracer mini 5 for the Benelli tnt 135 or just reflash your OEM ECU via AngelOs out of Las Vegas.

I just did a couple of 70-80-90-100mph ride on my Green weenie Benelli and no problem with the motorcycle at those speeds.

• Barf
OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
From what I am reading it’s pretty easy to get the bike in the 310-315 range. Also read one guy got his down to around 285 lbs

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Tore into the bike before leaving for a track day to put a hose clamp on the pair valve until I design my own and machine a set. Also replaced the battery with a lithium and removed the tool kit. Took about 7 more pounds off of her. She’s down to 345 now and planning on new bodywork soon.

727523EF-F689-4B51-A0D2-CF4800231D8A.jpeg66C0B4CF-341F-4B12-B765-15E2D5026B6A.jpeg217502C1-4B68-44BE-AC2F-F1D06463E8DA.jpeg

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Did a few sessions on her and she felt pretty good. Amazing enough the stock Q3s felt pretty good. I will most likely switch these out to a race tire soon after a few other mods are completed.

22E3E554-91FE-4343-B2D2-7F7CFF092542.jpeg512E5BF3-B009-44F7-BB1F-86EA05BBAFD1.jpeg

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Obviously your reading comprehension isn’t that high. It’s says I tore into the bike before leaving for the track. Those tiny little chicken strips are proudly my wife’s who is getting better and better and ripping out on the track. Not many men can say their wife is beautiful and can ride a bike like it’s stolen, I sir can. Kindly fuck off.

2D541B41-D45F-45BF-B724-86FD79E2F02B.jpeg

Mr Lucky

The Voice Of Reason...
Obviously your reading comprehension isn’t that high. It’s says I tore into the bike before leaving for the track. Those tiny little chicken strips are proudly my wife’s who is getting better and better and ripping out on the track. Not many men can say their wife is beautiful and can ride a bike like it’s stolen, I sir can. Kindly fuck off.

View attachment 67217

Or can you?

The evidence seems contrary to what you are claiming. Here we see 'The Colonel' at work...

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Or can you?

View attachment 67220

The evidence seems contrary to what you are claiming. Here we see 'The Colonel' at work...
Sure use the picture of me on the exit of the corner versus the one I posted mid corner with the most lean angle.

I love being criticized by someone named Lucky who drives a Volvo……you might as well join the pride parade. Not sure what’s worse my chicken strips or your soccer mom car

Top Bottom