New toy

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I sure miss mind...

...but if I could have one bike back it would be my modded 99 Busa...

Hapo

Dog Boy
Just Hapo and Schiavo swingin' their dicks around.😂
...not really...he just said something incorrect...

...I thought maybe he was fishing...

...I didn't think he really thought I was recommending just chasing after some fast guy and riding over your head...

...it's not like I never did that but I certainly don't recommend it...I actually recommend that you don't try to hang unless you are comfortable...

...more than one person has crashed chasing me so I know just chasing some fast guy is bad, mmmk…???...

...I also know for certain Rhino got way faster once he started following us on the Immunity Runs and learned the capabilities of his machine and himself...

...he gained confidence that very likely saved his ass when he really fuked up one time...

...we have told of the Legendary Immunity Run Double Yellow Double School Bus Pass @ Bear Mountain...???...

...if that had happened 1st the day we met Rhino he probably would have been toast...or ground beef...

...ask him what made the diffence...

...I am not trying to "win" anything...I am just tryin to figger where the fuk TS is comming from here...

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...well, I still don't know why he attacked but I suppose if he thought I was suggesting that riding over your head racing some one faster than you is how to learn to be fast I suppose he is spot on...

...you will learn to crash doing that...perhaps I was unclear in the Chasin Racin concept...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I learned a lot aboot bikes and riding in one short test drive "chasing" a sales person...

...I was test riding a BMW GS1100 back when they were new and I was riding an '88 VFR700...

...the guy took me on some knarly back roads at a very moderate pace that he progressively picked up as I became comfortable on the bike and he assessed my riding...

...to make a long story short we ended up in a full bore blast that really opened my eyes...

...I would never have been that fast on my VFR or w/o instruction, which in this case was just following the leader...

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
While following some one around a given course will make you faster. You develop muscle memory of the lay out. You will be able to pick your turn in points judging by where the faster rider turns in.. but every now and then you have to pull a double line oncoming school bus pass to go faster. Basically one must push limits to be FAST.. These days I consider myself slow as the only one I try to beat is myself.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike
...I am not trying to "win" anything...I am just tryin to figger where the fuk TS is comming from here...
I was coming from the endless dipshits that could not explain that fast riders have basic fundamentals down. Worrying about emulating some GP riders body mechanics instead of working on a comfortable ride and control position. Adding thousands of dolllars in unecessary parts because the same dipshits cant reach the limits of stock brakes or tires. The whole chase a faster rider thing stinks of riding with emotion...which should be removed if you want to progress. The faster rider should be behind with a camera to let you see where your eyes and body are looking. How soon you are on/off the gas. Then there is tire and suspension feel which can be felt fairly easy on a mini. The feel transfers right over.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Like I said on Stewman's post a while back.. i can CITY ride... I can't circle track ride.. simply never tried nor was taught the basic principles of body position.. just because one can beat 98% of the riders in A to B ride through Manhatten doesn't mean one can beat anyone at Laguna. :)

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I feel every point you made there terry dear...

...I was worried aboot emulating flash's body mechanics...there was no emotion involved beyond love, which bred trust...

...we didn't have cameras back then, and it would have been hard for flash to show me what to do and what lines to use from behind, no...???...

...if you ever feel like following me with a camera on the track I would welcome the opportunity...if you could hang... .!.:D.!.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I was coming from the endless dipshits that could not explain that fast riders have basic fundamentals down. Worrying about emulating some GP riders body mechanics instead of working on a comfortable ride and control position. Adding thousands of dolllars in unecessary parts because the same dipshits cant reach the limits of stock brakes or tires. The whole chase a faster rider thing stinks of riding with emotion...which should be removed if you want to progress. The faster rider should be behind with a camera to let you see where your eyes and body are looking. How soon you are on/off the gas. Then there is tire and suspension feel which can be felt fairly easy on a mini. The feel transfers right over.
The biggest leaps I made on the track were due to properly setting up the suspension of the bike and, once I started to out-ride the limits of the brakes and tires, upgrading to proper bits. Once I had the suspension dialed in, I was amazed that I could actually ride like the "fast riders". Until that point, no matter my body position or technique, I just couldn't keep up. To be clear, i couldn't keep up because I couldn't control the bike. Proper suspension settings are paramount to properly riding a bike.

However, I will say that riding with better riders was a great help, or maybe a better word is inspiration. Following a fast rider and learning proper lines, having faster riders follow and critique me (video was extremely helpful), and most importantly learning proper fundamentals (looking through the turn to not only your exit but to the next turn was a big one!).

Re; "body mechanics" and/or position, I was pretty much on my own due to my size. It wasn't until I met another "big boy" rider who was extremely fast and smooth that I learned that trying to copy the smaller/normal size guys was actually slowing me down.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
...no, this was in 88...I was there with flash @ superbike school...

...the fat guy was one of the instructors...

On the 4th day at Lauden's Penguin school i totalled their rented kawa 500. Got my money's worth and ground a hole in my elbow that took a while to heal

At the time there were 2 brothers who held records at that track, teaching the course i forget their names.

Hapo

Dog Boy
On the 4th day at Lauden's Penguin school i totalled their rented kawa 500. Got my money's worth and ground a hole in my elbow that took a while to heal

At the time there were 2 brothers who held records at that track, teaching the course i forget their names.

...I was running over the braking markers they had at full throttle...they didn't like that much...

...they shouldn't have made them that dark red...they should have made them white...

...I forgot all aboot the fuking things...

...like Terry said, you need to ride with your head...

JC

BAMF
Racing teaches you how to analyze your riding after you get sucked in by a faster rider into your panic situation.

Then once you ride back to your pits or push your crashed bike out of the dirt, you replay and replay all night long. In the morning you've got it mostly sorted out and are then a faster rider in that turn.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Hapo

Dog Boy
...to revist, do you think anyone might have gooten faster after aping Rossie...???...GP riders I mean...you know, the ones that dangle their out side legs now...

...who was dragging a knee before Roberts...???...before him Hailwood was the best...

...I still think Joey Dunlop was the greatest but he's dead...he might not be the best role model...

Terry_Schiavo

...to revist, do you think anyone might have gooten faster after aping Rossie...???...GP riders I mean...you know, the ones that dangle their out side legs now...
...who was dragging a knee before Roberts...???...before him Hailwood was the best...
...I still think Joey Dunlop was the greatest but he's dead...he might not be the best role model...
wasnt it Rich Oliver that was on another planet the same era as Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder ??? Couldnt he just "follow" Rich in practice/qualifying to go faster?? :D
I tried to get M/Cs autograph 1 year and he was busy doing "kegels" in the corner.
Did Mr France ever do a full accounting of how much time & money he spent doing the privateer avenue?
I know some club racers that spent $60,000 in a season chasing some wooden plaques and their name on a permanent record of being a class champ... and some contingency loot.

BigHock

BAMF
Wood brothers?? BigHock BigHock dispensed of them handily***...or maybe it was just Eric.

*** let him tell the story
It was Jeff Wood. He was scared when he saw me unload my bike from the trailer that day! He’ll tell you a different story though I’m sure. :wink2:

I continued my domination of Jeff, by beating him as a team owner for the 2003 FUSA Grand National Championship. Even though it was Matt Wait riding, he knew it was me by proxy!

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
wasnt it Rich Oliver that was on another planet the same era as Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder ??? Couldnt he just "follow" Rich in practice/qualifying to go faster?? :D
I tried to get M/Cs autograph 1 year and he was busy doing "kegels" in the corner.
Did Mr France ever do a full accounting of how much time & money he spent doing the privateer avenue?
I know some club racers that spent $60,000 in a season chasing some wooden plaques and their name on a permanent record of being a class champ... and some contingency loot.
Rich and I would chat on occasion, often. He would compliment me and insult me at the same time. But he was correct.

The best was when Wayne Rainey came up to me after an event at Road American and said "man the bike of yours is fast"! I replied, yes it is, until the corners start showing up. I lead from the start flag aboot 1/2 of a lap wondering, where the fuck are they, when are the coming by. I then found out at the carousel.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
So What have you done to the bike yet.. is it turn key or need set up.

Terry_Schiavo

Rich and I would chat on occasion, often. He would compliment me and insult me at the same time. But he was correct.
The best was when Wayne Rainey came up to me after an event at Road American and said "man the bike of yours is fast"! I replied, yes it is, until the corners start showing up. I lead from the start flag aboot 1/2 of a lap wondering, where the fuck are they, when are the coming by. I then found out at the carousel.
can I try that? Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder you are a gifted wrench but an intolerant asshole! :D

ADonf!

BAMF
Website
spookyfast.com
Now you can sign it and sell it to me, I’ll take very good care of it.

My two RDs were the best bikes on my meter until the Hayabusa and now the Valkyrie. The Northrop Valkyrie is fun although it is barely faster than a RZ350.

Have fun with this one Anastasia, she looks in good shape. You will be the center of the attention at the gas station but you are likely used to it.

The rear light has been my favorite since I’m a kid.

OP
OP
GrkGrrl

GrkGrrl

soul-destroying, feminazi, castrating Dyke Bitch
Bike is turn key yes, one maybe two track days, then I will need tires
Cleaning up my shop this weekend (after many years or shit) so I can get all my ducks in a row and work on this bike myself. I am super excited and am sure to have many stupid questions
When you start digging out your life you find dead bodies!! Yay!!
20190526_120722.jpg

Hapo

Dog Boy
Yes as it is your bike.. and the tread was hijacked from the original subject. I'm just trying to bring it back on point.
...no it wasn't...we were discussing learning to race n shit...ain't that whaut track bike be aboot...???...

...the thing that put me off the baby ninja before was the near total lack of aftermarket support...

...the pogo stick like action of cheap ass the forks tossed me on my head one time...

...hopefully that situation has changed...

Hapo

Dog Boy
1558929443049.png

...TZ 250...are you going to give it to GrkGrrl….???...

...let her put it back together...

Terry_Schiavo

update... japanese good parts should be arriving this week!!

Terry_Schiavo

...looks like TS is good for something besides being a pest...!!!... :D:up:
...but where wuz he when my Ninja 250 needed parts...?!?... :thumbdown::mad2:
I do one or two things well...just not to doods

Top Bottom