Z

BAMF+
Last edited:

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain

XR650RGUY

BAMF

Holy shit! Puts on Tesla!

Oh wait....That was 2018. FUCKING THETA KILLED ME ALREADY!

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
time,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ta sell ???:ducmanic:

NHTSA Autopilot Investigation Covers 765,000 Vehicles, Sentiment Could Turn "Decidedly Downward"

"Importantly, in the NHTSA’s statement we note they are zeroing in on a particular danger that TSLA creates for people OUTSIDE the vehicle – i.e., those who never agreed to be Autopilot “guinea pigs”. Thus, to simply say “TSLA drivers accept Autopilot’s risks”, as has been used in the past, does not appear to be a defense here.

He concludes by making the case that this investigation could be the first of many dominoes to fall that could reveal Tesla's autonomy prospects to be far worse than many have believed: "In short, when considering: (a) around 4/22/19 TSLA said there would be 1mn robotaxis on the road in 2020, ahead of a significant capital raise – as of the writing of this report, there is not 1 robotaxi on the road, (b) TSLA’s claim, in 2016, that all of its cars, henceforth, would have the hardware necessary for FSD – since making that statement, TSLA updated its hardware to HW3, meaning this statement was false, yet (c) TSLA has taken in hundreds of millions of dollars in “FSD” revenue, or monies for vaporware that does not exist, we see potential problems for TSLA on the horizon given these issues."

OP
Z

Z

BAMF+

Two U.S. Senators asked the Federal Trade Commission on Wednesday to examine whether or not Tesla misled consumers and endangered the public by marketing its driving systems as "Full Self Driving", according to Automotive News.

Senate Democrats Richard Blumenthal and Edward Markey wrote: "Tesla and (CEO) Mr. (Elon) Musk’s repeated overstatements of their vehicle’s capabilities...put Tesla drivers -- and all of the traveling public -- at risk of serious injury or death."

Their letter continued: "Tesla drivers listen to these claims and believe their vehicles are equipped to drive themselves – with potentially deadly consequences."

BigGar

high on placebo
Elon'$ got a target on hi$ back and the government'$ going to do their be$t to extract whatever ca$h they can until he complie$ like the other billionaire boys.

Self-driving cars are not perfect yet, but already far, far safer than the average distracted idiot driver, but the government wants their pound of flesh.

Dameon

BAMF+
"Importantly, in the NHTSA’s statement we note they are zeroing in on a particular danger that TSLA creates for people OUTSIDE the vehicle – i.e., those who never agreed to be Autopilot “guinea pigs”. Thus, to simply say “TSLA drivers accept Autopilot’s risks”, as has been used in the past, does not appear to be a defense here."
How can I take this report seriously when they don't seem to know the distinction between TSLA and Tesla. :roll:

Hapo

Dog Boy
Elon'$ got a target on hi$ back and the government'$ going to do their be$t to extract whatever ca$h they can until he complie$ like the other billionaire boys.

Self-driving cars are not perfect yet, but already far, far safer than the average distracted idiot driver, but the government wants their pound of flesh.
...after a short drive today I can hardly wait...it is nothing but a chore to operate a motorvehichle around here...

...people were sitting at green lights on their cell phone at almost every light...

...even when they are paying attention they wait until the car in front of them is 100 feet away before they even move...

...even worse is the many I see texting with one hand while they are driving in traffic...

OP
Z

Z

BAMF+

But then comes the discussion about quality, and the praise stops. The reviewer concludes the car just isn't worth its hefty price tag.

"The quality of this car just isn't good enough for $140,000," the reviewer says. "I own a Tesla Model 3 and the materials in here are a little different, but this car costs more than 3 times as much as the Model 3. If you compare the look and feel of things in here to a Porsche Taycan or a Mercedes EQS frankly, it's a world apart."

"On top of that, you have the problem of the actual build quality. The more you look at this car, the more problems you find," he says, pointing out panels that don't line up and weather stripping that isn't in place.

Last edited:

Dameon

BAMF+
I don't know where these people are getting these cars that have these quality control issues... I've had 2 Model S's and seen and interacted with dozens and dozens of all models, but haven't seen any evidence (first hand) of trim falling off, panel alignment or anything else that any other ICE car wouldn't have issues with (and ICE manufacturers have been at this a LOT longer than Tesla).

There are several videos on YouTube of individuals using a variety of panel gap tools to compare to other cars. One guy compares a Model 3 to a Volvo of some sort. The Model 3 ended up being within a fraction of average panel gap to the Volvo... better gap in some areas, worse in others.

Fake news put out by big oil and legacy ICE...

Vegas12

BAMF+
I don't know where these people are getting these cars that have these quality control issues... I've had 2 Model S's and seen and interacted with dozens and dozens of all models, but haven't seen any evidence (first hand) of trim falling off, panel alignment or anything else that any other ICE car wouldn't have issues with (and ICE manufacturers have been at this a LOT longer than Tesla).

There are several videos on YouTube of individuals using a variety of panel gap tools to compare to other cars. One guy compares a Model 3 to a Volvo of some sort. The Model 3 ended up being within a fraction of average panel gap to the Volvo... better gap in some areas, worse in others.

Fake news put out by big oil and legacy ICE...and Z-tard

FIFY..

BigGar

high on placebo
The very first Model S's had a few issues, but that's pretty much standard issue from any mfg's first year models. They've fixed most of that shit at this point, and all of their cars are pretty fucking well put together now.

OP
Z

Z

BAMF+

Vegas12

BAMF+
Want to know some history on car fires, simple, ask a Ford engineer.
"Reports range from 27 to 180 deaths as a result of rear-impact-related fuel tank fires in the Pinto, but given the volume of more than 2.2 million vehicles sold, the death rate was not substantially different from that of vehicles by Ford's competitors."

GM: "Hold my beer."

" the worst auto crash fire defect in the history of the U.S. Department of Transportation. Based on data from the Fatality Analysis Reporting System (formerly known as the Fatal Accident Reporting System), over 2,000 people were killed in fire crashes involving these trucks from 1973 through 2009."

Dameon

BAMF+
The agency is looking into 12 crashes in which Tesla owners using the company’s Autopilot features have crashed into stationary emergency vehicles,
12 crashes in 7 years? Fewer than 2 crashes a year? Yikes! That sounds like an epidemic!

Geez... how 'bout we track the number of ICE vehicles using cruise control that crashed into stationary emergency vehicles? Oh, 100's per year? But big oil is paying our legislators, so there really is no problem.

Dameon

BAMF+
Not to be picky, but there is a huge difference between cruise control and self driving mode. Yes, you're still supposed to "drive" in autopilot, but people are stupid.
Yes, but you finished the point... regardless of the technology, the human should maintain control and any stupidity is at the hands of that human.

OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
:roll: Errr,,,, da idiot,,

dat ,,,,,,, named it :timeout:

''self driving'' :thumbdown:

Dameon

BAMF+
:roll: Errr,,,, da idiot,,

dat ,,,,,,, named it :timeout:

''self driving'' :thumbdown:
Autopilot was likely a more appropriate name... based off what autopilot is in an aircraft.

What would you name it? "Almost FSD"? "Advanced Cruise Control"? "Lane Keep Assist, Traffic Aware Cruise, Lane Change Assist, Stoplight Aware, Lane Navigation" or "LKATACLCASALN" for the cool acronym?

Despite the over hyped, infrequent, accidents "related" to FSD/AP, I think the system works quite well. I use it at every opportunity and have been for 6+ years. I'm not an idiot though... I don't slide into the back seat and take a nap or something equally stupid. When I see exceptions to normal flow, I take over. With proper management, I absolutely agree that it reduces overall accidents.

OP
Z

Z

BAMF+

Two people were killed on Monday night this week after a Tesla crashed into a tree in Coral Gables, Florida.
Cellphone video of the wreck shows the vehicle "engulfed in flames" and both occupants of the vehicle were killed. "That's a Tesla," :lol: the person taking the video of the wreck can be heard saying.

To be fair, a lot of the issues with GMv switches were also because people are total fucktards.

I worked with a woman who had a Grand Am that would die turning corners. She did not even have a clue the engine was shutting off, just that the power steering would quit. She showed me her key ring. It had 2 rings of keys, 2 keychains, and a fucking bronzed baby shoe! It must have weighed 4 pounds.

Vegas12

BAMF+
To be fair, a lot of the issues with GMv switches were also because people are total fucktards.

I worked with a woman who had a Grand Am that would die turning corners. She did not even have a clue the engine was shutting off, just that the power steering would quit. She showed me her key ring. It had 2 rings of keys, 2 keychains, and a fucking bronzed baby shoe! It must have weighed 4 pounds.

As opposed to the tesla owning mensa members???

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick

Two people were killed on Monday night this week after a Tesla crashed into a tree in Coral Gables, Florida.
Cellphone video of the wreck shows the vehicle "engulfed in flames" and both occupants of the vehicle were killed. "That's a Tesla," :lol: the person taking the video of the wreck can be heard saying.
holy shit people are stupid.

hit a bump in the road and exploded….right.

hitting a tree head on at 50 plus will do that.
watch the videos

20 yo male driver…I bet he won’t do that again

no way that car jumped like that going 35mph. Probably doing 50+.

Dameon

BAMF+
Wonder if Z-tard will comment on GM killing people without fire??
Of course not. Z wants to be a TSLA shorter.

I can say this: I see ICE vehicles (all makes) burned out on the side of the road on the Atchafalaya basin bridge (not sure why there so much) on a regular basis. Heck, I saw a smoking Jeep CJ on the side of the road a mile from my house one day. Black guy standing back from it about 100'. I stopped and told him I had a fire extinguisher in my trunk if he wanted it. He said to just let it burn. It was an older model, looked fairly clean and well maintained. Unlikely to be a "Jewish lightning" deal, but what do I know. I also offered to call someone for him as he left his phone in the Jeep when it started smoking and he jumped out. He wasn't interested in that either. I watched for a few minutes until it really started to flame up and I left.

Of course not. Z wants to be a TSLA shorter.

I can say this: I see ICE vehicles (all makes) burned out on the side of the road on the Atchafalaya basin bridge (not sure why there so much) on a regular basis. Heck, I saw a smoking Jeep CJ on the side of the road a mile from my house one day. Black guy standing back from it about 100'. I stopped and told him I had a fire extinguisher in my trunk if he wanted it. He said to just let it burn. It was an older model, looked fairly clean and well maintained. Unlikely to be a "Jewish lightning" deal, but what do I know. I also offered to call someone for him as he left his phone in the Jeep when it started smoking and he jumped out. He wasn't interested in that either. I watched for a few minutes until it really started to flame up and I left.
I started watching In the Electric Mist last night with Tommy Lee Jones and John Goodman, where it partially takes place in the Atchafalaya swamp. Doesn't seem like anything good happens in the swamp.

Anyway, poor guy must have been in shock. I could understand declining a fire extinguisher, but a cell phone call to gtfo there?

Top Bottom