New,,,,,, ''Mustang'' ???

Stetson

BAMF
Whoring out he Mustang name is a bit unfortunate, but I'm looking forward to hearing a lot more about them. Especially the awd fast one.

I will say for as good as the current few versions of the mustang look.....this thing is fucking hideous.

probably be far more popular if they had just named it something else. even the Ford "Tesla Clone" would have been a better name.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I will say for as good as the current few versions of the mustang look.....this thing is fucking hideous.

probably be far more popular if they had just named it something else. even the Ford "Tesla Clone" would have been a better name.
...or Falcon Futura even

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Im not a fan of what the future holds in terms of car design...and features..

Plastic electric shit boxes... give me a v8 with awd anytime

im2fast4uguys

Mr Rabbit
Looks more like a Taurus than a Mustang … If they're going to call it a Mustang at least have it look like one!

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
Whoring out he Mustang name is a bit unfortunate, but I'm looking forward to hearing a lot more about them. Especially the awd fast one.
On point.

At first I checked the calendar thinking this was an April fool's day ruse

There's going to be a mutiny among the faithful fan base

Whoever in the marketing department that hatched this badge whoring idea should be fired

tinhead

Has never named a pet
The mustang car already looks made in korea. How much worse can an SUV get?

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I think it's disgusting they're going to rape the Mustang brand with this thing.
It WOULD be an "interesting" vehicle had they given it a new name.
"Probe" was a brand name they could have revived and would have been more appropriate.

As far as the screen, all mfg's have advised that 15" or larger LCD screens is the way of the future.
So expect that in most vehicles once the screen technology that makes it bright enough and glare resistant, becomes cheaper and cheaper and eventually the MFG's will pick it up.

You need at least 1500+ nits AND optical bonding ($$$) to have a decent display experience during full daytime light.
And capacitive multi-touch of course.

CZLoco

My "dream" 12" LCD display for my Bronco's eventual true Android carPC will cost $1200. Just for the display by itself. Nothing else.
And even at that price, I'm not positive, but merely "hopeful" that it will be bright enough and easy to see during peak daylight sunshine.

I think it's rated for 1200 nits, 1024x768 and has optical bonding.
IDK, that's so far off for me that I'm hopeful something better finally comes out by the time I can afford it.

CZLoco

Tablets suck at high brightness, sunlight reflective displays.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Every fucking cop drives around with a laptop in their car, they don't seem to have a problem.

BigHock

BAMF
Wow! I had Mustang when I was a kid. Adults and Mustangs are much too gay!

There’s a thing called too much Mustang talk, and fella should fucking know it!

Austin_F

BAMF+
Nah, the mid 70s mustang that looked like a Pinto was the worst use of the mustang name

I agree with reviving Probe.

llord2

BAM
My brutha owned one of the II's. What a piece 'o shit. As lethargic as my '48 Willy's jeep with the flathead 4. One would have to plan crossing a street....let alone merging onto a highway. Of course that could be said for nearly all autos of that vintage

CZLoco

I wonder what year Ford will stop selling gas engine Mustangs.
2025? 2030?
I'm sure Vegas will have a line on it soon.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Yeah, a Mustang SUV, they trying to entice the gay crowd? Why are they calling it an SUV, it just looks like a butt ugly car to me. Maybe a more modern Aztek.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
When are you fanbois going to face the fact that the new Mustangs look more like Kia Optimas than they resemble a 1965 Mustang?
1574116079711.png
1574116185274.png
1574116423249.png

RETRO STYLING!! :puke:

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
I really don't give a shit what they call it... I'm just glad the "big players" are getting into the EV game FINALLY! One of the advantages Ford (or GM or Dodge or any other player) has is that they haven't exceeded EV sales and still get the Federal rebate. The advantage to me is that prices will come down and my vendor selection will open up. This will certainly show in TSLA value, but I've pulled my money out of it. Now I'm just holding "long term" shares.

Don't expect to get one of these Fords in 2020 or likely 2021. You'll be charging at home for a while before being able to charge on the road. Likely you will get an adapter to hit up a J1772 station though, so that should help.

gsxrian

BAMF
EV's are worthless until they provide a nationwide supercharging network as common as gas stations and only take five minutes to re change to full.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Seems the Kia Optima is the 21st century fanbois styling leader! :rotfl:
Umm, almost ALL new cars have styling that's similar. It's cookie cutter aerodynamics and fuel efficiency. It's been this way for a couple of decades now.

Stetson

BAMF
Some German guy is head of styling at Kia. I think he was Audi before.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Does he moonlight at FORD? :biggrin:
Corvettes and Camaros don't get mistaken for Kias. Hell, even Challengers and Chargers don't .

This may be a clue about why Mustangs are chick cars. :yahoo:

rumble phish

BAMF+
Does he moonlight at FORD? :biggrin:
Corvettes and Camaros don't get mistaken for Kias. Hell, even Challengers and Chargers don't .

This may be a clue about why Mustangs are chick cars. :yahoo:
Camaros are history in 3 years, and their sales have been steadily declining. Challenger and Charger sales have picked up due to the Hellcat and Demon platforms, but since they were just handily spanked by a Tesla Model 3 I suspect they'll be history in a few years as well.

These electric vehicles are the future boys. Read'em and weep.

Top Bottom