New Ford Maverick

Hapo

Dog Boy
...just the smooth and dainty people...he likes those...you may be at risk...

Hapo

Dog Boy
Or company truck
...I mostly drive my mom's Subaru these days, mostly with her in it...that's a nice ride...

...the company truck is at my disposal as well...people keep trying to buy it...

...I still like to drive the Volvo best...it is clapped out but feels the most like a car...

...I would prefer a Corvette...but I'd keep that Volvo...

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
So he can determine to the 16th of an inch how utterly inadequate his bed is everytime he's loading up 4x8 panels?

Might as well give him a protractor to figure out the exact angle his drywall is resting at as it hangs off the bedrails on the drive home.
If he is fighting materials to get loaded in his lifestyle commuter... maybe he should figure out how to load it easier

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
IAnd the original Maverick didn't set the world one fire either.
[Shrugs]

"Nearly 579,000 Mavericks were produced in its first year,[11] approaching the record-setting first year of Mustang sales (nearly 619,000),[12] and easily outpaced the Mustang's sales of fewer than 200,000 in 1970.[13] Total North American Maverick production (1969-1977) reached 2.1 million units."

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
If you can't put a real motorcycle in it, it isn't a truck to me.
Is there a longer wheelbase than a goldbarge??

With the Honda's 66" wheelbase, the mighty Maverick with the tailgate down will handle the task just find.

So you're good.đź‘Ť

Last edited:

WARREN

BAMF+
I live in a monsterous sized city, with medium to small parking nearly everywhere you go.
I don't need an F-150...and this thing appears to have as much rear leg room as the Ranger....
I can stuff 80% of the shit I need a truck for in this and not have the accompanying fuel bill when gas is equivalent to $5.40 a gallon.
the bare bones is far more appealing than all the bells and whistles I dont need in a daily.
they've started landing here and I dont hate them

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
I live in a monsterous sized city, with medium to small parking nearly everywhere you go.
I don't need an F-150...and this thing appears to have as much rear leg room as the Ranger....
I can stuff 80% of the shit I need a truck for in this and not have the accompanying fuel bill when gas is equivalent to $5.40 a gallon.
the bare bones is far more appealing than all the bells and whistles I dont need in a daily.
they've started landing here and I dont hate them
My BIL says it's a little larger than a Ranger interior.....1/2 foot shorter bed.

It's definitely a glorified grocery getter and home depot runner for the smaller stuff.

The base truck gets 42 MPG, unfortunately you have to get the turbo 2.0 to get the trailer tow....haven't seen the MPG ratings, but I'd guess you'll lose at least 25%.

The reason I'd want the trailer tow is to tow the 3k RZR (with trailer) to local riding spots...again, saving the big truck for the toyhauler and longer trips.

Your parking story is dead nuts....parking a full size truck can be a PITA a lot of times.

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
How is the car treating you?
Still a prius driver....one of the smarter, if not most emasculating choices for transportation I've ever made.....my year has a known oil consumption issue. I checked 900 miles after the 1st oil change, it was a pint down....I may not have it yet.

The maverick is on hold....besides the D plan, I can wait for any rebates or financing. May not be for a while if they're selling well.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
It's 53" wide......so no problem.

I would get a piece of 8' plywood to lay down first so the drywall was supported the last 2'

Need to strap all the sheets together so they don't slide out the back.
I just saw this today and was reminded of this discussion.

A loaded Maverick. I could leave the Superduty with the 5th wheel hitch in the side yard.

(Looks nice, like I wouldn't have to have accessory steps on the side for my 72 year old wife to get in with.)

Last edited:
  • Red
Reactions: Red
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+

A loaded Maverick...

So upon further review, I found out the 53" width is measured at the cut outs in the wheel well and the tailgate has multiple positions to support a longer load that's not lying on the floor.....pretty clever IMHO.

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
I really like the truck.....being pragmatic, I would get the hybrid. But also being a hybrid, the highway mileage drops quite a bit, 33 MPG vs. 42 city.

The prius loses +-5 MPG on the highway, but it's still in the 40's.

I kinda of hope Ford doesn't do a 0 or 1.9% on the Maverick.....I'm a sucker for those deals.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I really like the truck.....being pragmatic, I would get the hybrid. But also being a hybrid, the highway mileage drops quite a bit, 33 MPG vs. 42 city.

The prius loses +-5 MPG on the highway, but it's still in the 40's.

I kinda of hope Ford doesn't do a 0 or 1.9% on the Maverick.....I'm a sucker for those deals.
Sex change operation included on the low interest deal?

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
Sex change operation included on the low interest deal?

I always take advantage of 0% rates

I'm watching football

Getting my motor dynoed on a dyno jet.

All while driving my lifestyle truck....

Happy Thanksgiving grumpaw!!

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+

A loaded Maverick. I could leave the Superduty with the 5th wheel hitch in the side yard.

(Looks nice, like I wouldn't have to have accessory steps on the side for my 72 year old wife to get in with.)

Exactly!! The truckette is a very cool 2nd or 3rd vehicle.

I already mentioned this;
haven't used the wife's lexus in months......I kinda want to sell it.

I think the wife would be sad.....even though she can't drive any longer.

I could also unload the T-100 at a ridiculous covid price.

Might keep the prius for road trips....I'm only in it $4k

The F-350, prius and the maverick would be a nice combo.

Master-Cylinder

I always take advantage of 0% rates

I'm watching football

Getting my motor dynoed on a dyno jet.

All while driving my lifestyle truck....

Happy Thanksgiving grumpaw!!
Can you send me the target coordinates address for your location so I can send you something? If you go outside at 8:00 PM and look up, you may be able to see it for 1/2 a second.

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
Can you send me the target coordinates address for your location so I can send you something? If you go outside at 8:00 PM and look up, you may be able to see it for 1/2 a second.

2112 Western Ave (S. Highland Dr.) Las Vegas, NV 89102. United States.

Rocco

BAMF
you have to get the turbo 2.0 to get the trailer tow....haven't seen the MPG ratings, but I'd guess you'll lose at least 25%.

Early reports I'm seeing on the 2.0 are 23 / 30 / 26 mpg in 2 wd and 22 / 29 / 25 in ALL Wheel drive. I think you pretty much need the 2.0, because the smaller combo sounds like it has pedal car performance in exchange for the great MPG. There is a $1500 destination charge added to the base prices. The XL is sparse, not even cruise control @ 19,995 Plus add on's, The XLT $22,280 Plus add on's and the Latiat is $25,490 plus add on's. The Lariat well equipped will cost close to $38,000 and the base XL will probably average around $26,000 or so with decent equipment _ that Should give you an idea of the range of option costs.

-

Master-Cylinder

You made me look it up....it's a rebadged Nissan Patrol!!

I bet grumpaw likes it now!!!
No. Something like that is basically useless to me. What is its intended purpose? A bit of Walter Mitty off-roading? Like the 600lbs "Adventure" motorcycle on four wheels?

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
No. Something like that is basically useless to me. What is its intended purpose? A bit of Walter Mitty off-roading? Like the 600lbs "Adventure" motorcycle on four wheels?
That's like axing what good is a nissan frontier to someone who owns a Peterbuilt.....every seat has an ass.

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
Early reports I'm seeing on the 2.0 are 23 / 30 / 26 mpg in 2 wd and 22 / 29 / 25 in ALL Wheel drive. I think you pretty much need the 2.0, because the smaller combo sounds like it has pedal car performance in exchange for the great MPG. There is a $1500 destination charge added to the base prices. The XL is sparse, not even cruise control @ 19,995 Plus add on's, The XLT $22,280 Plus add on's and the Latiat is $25,490 plus add on's. The Lariat well equipped will cost close to $38,000 and the base XL will probably average around $26,000 or so with decent equipment _ that Should give you an idea of the range of option costs.

-

The 190 HP hybrid is adequate from the videos I've been seeing....even quicker than an EB Bronco according those clowns @ TFL.

Here's a nicely equipped 2.0 AWD

Screenshot_20211126-040457_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20211126-035137_Messages.jpg

Without the EB and AWD, it'd be aprox. $23k on the D plan I can get......apparently the window is closed for ordering the this year.

That's OK, I'm in no hurry.

Last edited:

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
well well well this thread is gay...
Why are Ford lovers such dick suckers? Apparently theres a new model to compete with this parts bin garbage barge... aka Hyundai Santa Cruz.
Ford faggots cry how expensive it is. I would not be getting a queer air/sucking NA model... only AWD trubo dct and the $3300 activity option. Will have to test drive to be sure... its a lifestyle crossover. Pricing looks to be high 30s nicely appointed or low 40s fully lifestyled the fuck out. Grumpaw is going to have a shit fit. And the best part it will annihilate the famed "werk truck" from the PNW.

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
hadnt test driven yet... im hung like a jury

So is it true that the hyundgay can only hold 600 pounds in the bed because of the hidden trunk??

I wonder if the ridgeline is the same??

Here's an interesting (to me) video regarding the max payload on the bsse Ford power train....certainly it will be able to handle a couple bikes.....still not as bad ass as a Nissan Frontier, so grumpaw can relax and not increase his HTN.

• Red
Reactions: Red
Top Bottom