...my new station...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...FM station that is...

...I turn it off at times when they play the same songs too often but this is what is on most of the time...

...the new music is really happening these days...I be feelin' the big ass hooks...

88.7 WNHU - WNHU

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...too bad your mind is not as open as your mouth...

...you might enjoy what the kids are up to...

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...they can get a bit "top 40" at times but they also have a diversity not found on most stations and no commercials and very few talk shows...

...I can catch the new music w/o too much crap...

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...that's a great staion too...when I am in range that's what's usually on the radio...

...they are a bunch of pinkos who get a bit talky some times but they got the tunes...

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I gave up FM radio about 8 years ago.. every time I turned the radio they played three to four songs then comercials.. but that is not what annoyed me.. it was the constant talking from the DJs.. everything from the movie they seen to what their kids shit was like in the diaper they had to change. They are paid to PLAY music and change the commercial tape.. if they shut the fuck up they could fit five other songs in the time they used telling me about some useless information of their lives. If they want talk.. get hired on a talk radio program.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Agreed, Rhino.
The only radio I listen to now is sports talk.
Otherwise it's Pandora for me.

I'm comfortable enough with this. But will eventually get a bug up my butt to go and research podcasts for talk and other avenues for music.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
IDK what the heck this music is right now on Hapo's channel.
It's def not English.

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Yeah, I suspect in the age of Spotify and others like it, the FM stations had to redefine themselves since they couldn't stand on their own with just music

So they had to up the on-air personality dialog to differentiate themselves

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
IDK what the heck this music is right now on Hapo's channel.
It's def not English.
...it passes...a brand new Bird Song release is playing now...

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...badabeeboobop…!!!...great sax....

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...most of the time they are kind of like a top 40 's alt rock station but they play the oldies in the mix sometimes as well...

...they have a few special shows I like such as Echos of Erin on Sunday from 12pm to 2pm...

...they have some I don't much like...

...the format changes a lot as the students are not permanent n shit...

...there is no "news" or political bull shit...they don't even give you the time of day...

...I really like most of the new music coming out since the 90's...I very much appreciate the influence "rap" music has had on things...

...kind of like rock n roll n shit all over again...those darned Negros...!!!...

1557592196890.png 1557592384215.png

Last edited:

Stetson

BAMF

chuck356

BAMF
For the past 40+ years, I have found college radio stations to be my favorites. Thirty miles from me is a city with state college (U of I), and a good community college (Parkland). Both of these schools have radio stations ran by students, play cool songs you won't hear on the top 40 stations, and play very few commercials. WPGU embraced punk and new wave in the late '70's and early '80's, as I do as well.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I volunteered at my local college radio station back in the late 80's. "We" played what ever we wanted, as long as it was clean.
Real records that had to be pulled, then time and date put on them they were last played, and you'd better put them back in the right place... OR ELSE!
You wanted to be there the day the new stuff (records and crap) came in, the stuff "we" ( bunch of people sat around and decided what was good and what wasn't) decided "we" didn't want got tossed into the glom box. It was then up for grabs.
I was working one night and a girl called in wanting to hear Roam by the B52's, I told her she could hear it five times a day on any commercial station. It didn't get played. :mrlucky:

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
I like WERU. Pretty local, and it's volunteers, so it depends on who's there at the moment as to what type of music is playing, but there's never any commercials.

I like Head Rush (metal) 10pm-midnight on Saturday, and The Drive Through (reggae) Wednesday 8pm-10. You can stream old shows on the website.

WERU Community Radio – WERU Community Radio 89.9 FM – diverse and grassroots radio serving Midcoast, Downeast & Bangor, a voice of many voices!
...that was my favorite station by a country mile even though it had commercials and pinko shows...

Yeah, I suspect in the age of Spotify and others like it, the FM stations had to redefine themselves since they couldn't stand on their own with just music
So they had to up the on-air personality dialog to differentiate themselves
and its a demographic that is annoying... who calls into to talk about seriously stupid people magazine shit. And the "Oh I love your show"... and then the old radio remotes. Hey come on down to XXXXX...

I volunteered at my local college radio station back in the late 80's. "We" played what ever we wanted, as long as it was clean.
Real records that had to be pulled, then time and date put on them they were last played, and you'd better put them back in the right place... OR ELSE!
You wanted to be there the day the new stuff (records and crap) came in, the stuff "we" ( bunch of people sat around and decided what was good and what wasn't) decided "we" didn't want got tossed into the glom box. It was then up for grabs.
I was working one night and a girl called in wanting to hear Roam by the B52's, I told her she could hear it five times a day on any commercial station. It didn't get played. :mrlucky:
And that is what listens to top 40 radio...lol. Then talk radio seems like if you dont tune in daily you dont get the personality nuances. Im going to guess you listen to this...
Listen to The John Tesh Show - Intelligence For Your Life on TuneIn

fag :fu: hahaha youse 2 could be the Ying/Yang twins of No mands land FL...hahahaha

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...the weekends are a bit weird at WNHU...a lot of talking shows in languages other than English...

...they still play some ethnic music that is often entertaining...right now it is some kind of Russian show, I think...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...good classical stations are getting rare...NPR has gone political and some of the stations don't play music at all anymore...

...there is not one staion with good reception in this area that plays a classical music format...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
My local college station is WFIT, they play classical music Sunday evenings. They have a decent schedule of music and some other stuff.

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...WNHU is rocking out aboot now...

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...it's already an oldie...LoL...

...I feel this new stuff...the kids rock today...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It's a play off of "Cats in the Cradle" and/or "100 Years" but, it still sounds good and we can relate well to it.

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...so which one is it...???......what are those songs played off...???...

...is 100 years played off cat's cradel…???...

...I wonder if these kids even heard of Cat Stevens...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
...so which one is it...???......what are those songs played off...???...

...is 100 years played off cat's cradel…???...

...I wonder if these kids even heard of Cat Stevens...
Either or.
Many songs are the same but, it's the delivery is what sells them.
More of a note of similarity than a who did it first comment.

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...ok...this site has made me even more cynical...

...I took that all wrong...

Top Bottom