My cameo appearance on Motorcycle.com

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
yea he was on a bone stock bike....not really a fair comparison.

BigGar

high on placebo
yea he was on a bone stock bike....not really a fair comparison.
Was he on a bone stock Grom? :)
I'm just saying you're running with some genuinely fast company and that's pretty fucking cool.
As far as stock bikes go, I can't remember the AMA rider, but he brought an R1 to the Fontana race 15 years or so ago and I believe finished top five with paper plates still on the bike. Lights and blinkers taped over. Safety wire and no antifreeze to get through tech. I think he might have changed out the tires to something more track friendly.
Racers can still move pretty well on a stock street bike.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I had no idea who he was until after the little 3 lap sprint we did. At the 40:30 mark I'm lined up on the inside of him on the start. He got out pretty fast, I caught back up on the white flag lap and got next to him on the outside of 3 then got a block pass into 4 which I thought was pretty clean.

For a moment I thought he didn't see me but then realized he was just trying to squeeze me, I thought I had the line though. He juiced it pretty hard out of 4 to 5 to try and get a wheel on me which he did, but he over shot, I got by him again on the back side of 5 and we drag raced to turn 6 which the video already stopped by. I got him in 6, he tried a pass on 7 but couldn't stick it, then he went to the inside on 8.

At that point having watched how loose he was in the turns I didn't want to get pushed into the dirt at 110 so I rolled it back and the next straight he powered away. I caught back up in 10 and missed another pass going into 14. After the little sprint (not a race) he did give me a thumbs up on the cool down lap.

Top Bottom