My 99 copper

Hapo

Dog Boy
...or sell it for more... :screama:

...seriuosy...it cost that new...did you note the price an a new one today...???...

...your bike is not some clapped out gussied up road rat...nor suffered some lame "custom" work...

...IMHO it is worth a good 50% more than $10,000 today...

...is he trying to flip it...???...

Last edited:

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
Man that is a tough call. It seems like a pretty good price to me. On the other hand I think that bike may become collectable at some point and increase in value. I think CDolan would probably know more about what it is worth today and what it might be worth in the future.

Then there is the sentimental value for you.

If I was in your shoes and thought it was a great price, I'd probably sell it. I don't get that attached to bikes though. Even my Duc, which is pretty much my dream bike, I would sell it in a minute if someone offered me more than I paid for it. I'd just take the money and buy something else that got me excited, like a Duc Final Edition Vtwin.

OP
bombaybusa

bombaybusa

President, Club Pra
Website
bombaymotorsports.business.site
Do you ride the bike much?

If not, I say sell it and get something that presses your buttons currently, the way the busa did in 1999.

ya only live once and 1999 was a long time ago
Don’t ride it much at all. Got the H2 , Concours, TZ250 , BKing and a 69 Bonneville.
garage is full.

LuxPride

BAMF
In a year $10g's won't be worth shit and the odds of finding another clean example will be harder to come by every day. You know your bike is mint, what's the chance you'll find another if you get the itch again?

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't sell, I'm valuing a fully depreciated asset with high market value/demand (It already appears to be an appreciating asset) vs cash for sake of having cash. If you're rolling the dough from the Copper into another asset, go for it. If you just want another five figures in the bank I'd wait as it'll probably go for more sooner than later. $10k is good money, $12k is better. I'd rather buy a $500 shed to park it in if the garage space is more valuable vs selling for the sake of a few SqFt.

If you're over it and can't see yourself riding it much if ever, then take the money and run!

OP
bombaybusa

bombaybusa

President, Club Pra
Website
bombaymotorsports.business.site
In a year $10g's won't be worth shit and the odds of finding another clean example will be harder to come by every day. You know your bike is mint, what's the chance you'll find another if you get the itch again?

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't sell, I'm valuing a fully depreciated asset with high market value/demand (It already appears to be an appreciating asset) vs cash for sake of having cash. If you're rolling the dough from the Copper into another asset, go for it. If you just want another five figures in the bank I'd wait as it'll probably go for more sooner than later. $10k is good money, $12k is better. I'd rather buy a $500 shed to park it in if the garage space is more valuable vs selling for the sake of a few SqFt.

If you're over it and can't see yourself riding it much if ever, then take the money and run!
good advice...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I would say I would not feel very good selling my mint Busa for less than $15,000 and see what he says...

...it is not like you offered it for sale at any price...how long would it last on Craigs list @ $10,000...???...

...if he is willing to pay $15,000 it sounds like you would be happy to sell it to him...

...if he does not want to pay more than $10,000 just say no...that is clearly not enough to make you happy...

...if he offers $12,500 we can revisit the issue...

...I would offer it for sale at the price you want if you want to trade it for money...

...who is this guy to come at you with low ball offers on your fine bike...???...

Last edited:

Mr Lucky

The Voice Of Reason...
No trades
You currently own a mint 1999 second best colour Rhino and they are becoming every so slightly harder to find every day in such a condition.

So these questions must be asked.

Does bombaybusa have to sell his Rhino because he:
A. Needs the money?
B. Needs the space?

If you don't need the money or the space then every other reason for selling it is not based on a necessity, rather it is based on fad or some skewed desire to change for change's sake.

Keep in mind the bike you are considering selling is a B.I.R. (Board Icon Rhino) alongside ducmanic's black and grey, GoBig's Copper and Magnolia, Bucephalus, Casey's Rodan, MK's Orange Peel, etc, etc. Where are these bikes now? I only know the locations of Bucephalus and ducmanic's bike. The other two are, as far as I am aware, lost to us.

If you sell then if you suffer sellers remorse will you be as lucky as Lucky and be able to get the bike back?

I say that if you need neither the money nor the space then you have absolutely no valid reason for selling the Rhino and even though you are as to me, a brother, you should be pilloried and cast from the board and shown neither mercy nor compassion. You should be made dead to us.

Just like Lanta...

Mr Lucky

The Voice Of Reason...
And as a side note, any of you advising bombaybusa to sell a BIR needs to seriously take a long hard look at yourself because you need to be beaten repeatedly with a wooden club dipped in human shit by a strong man who has a lot of upper body strength and large stamina reserves.

Yeah, I sed it... :fu:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I advise him to do what he wants, not what you want...

...personally I would be glad to give him that money, and add the bike to my collection, if I had any money, or a bike collection...

Mr Lucky

The Voice Of Reason...
...I advise him to do what he wants, not what you want...

...personally I would be glad to give him that money, and add the bike to my collection, if I had any money, or a bike collection...

It is not what I want. If it was what I wanted it would be burned in front of you while we all laughed...

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
how long would it last on Craigs list @ $10,000...???...
Could be gone in a day or in a year.
You're after the right buyer. And there are a few of those buyers out there.
There just isn't hundreds of them checking the adds every single day in every single city.

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
Rather than start my own thread, I'll just top this relevant one and ask for forgiveness.

I apparently have access to a mint pair of stock '99 mufflers that the owner would like to sell. My understanding is they were replaced with slip-ons when the bike was new. They were wrapped in something soft and protective, and still are like new.

What are they worth, and who wants them?

BigGar

high on placebo
Rather than start my own thread, I'll just top this relevant one and ask for forgiveness.

I apparently have access to a mint pair of stock '99 mufflers that the owner would like to sell. My understanding is they were replaced with slip-ons when the bike was new. They were wrapped in something soft and protective, and still are like new.

What are they worth, and who wants them?
Me too! Me too!

Top Bottom