More gun shit, ammo preference...S&W Bodyguard M&P 380...

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Picked up a few guns on Black Friday....just gonna go to Walmart and see if they have any ammo. Just wondering what I should or should not buy. This is just to shoot some rounds and get comfortable with the gun.

also ammo for a KAHR 9mm and .380

26530F96-460E-46AD-A4AE-F0B6843332BA.jpeg

OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

got one of these also, same type/brand 380 ammo for all the 380 guns?

I'm not afraid to ask stupid questions about things I have limited knowledge on. :fu:

4F08DB40-9B5C-4D47-AD70-666002C6D91E.jpeg

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
I doubt WalMart would have any, but definitely avoid any ammo loaded in steel cases like Wolf, Silver Bear, etc. Always get ammo loaded in brass or even aluminum (Blazer) cases.

Brands for practice, any ol' full metal jacket stuff will work fine....Winchester, Magtech, Remington, etc.

For carry, hollowpoints. Speer Gold Dots have been a tried and true standard. You may not want to get anything real hot like Corbon or Pow'R Ball for the little bodyguard.

You really should ask before you buy bro, I would put all three neatly back in their boxes, head down to the local gun store tomorrow and trade them in on something infinitely more usable. Check your other thread.

rumble phish

BAMF+
If that is the LCP II, that should be a decent little shooter. The "II" has a decent trigger on it. The standard LCP has a shit trigger, IMHO.

The Kahr is another good gun, and the trigger is "OK". If memory serves me it has a fairly long reset. But not a bad gun overall, especially if you got a good deal on it. Don't listen to the "gun snobs". Get what you want and try them out. If you're not comfortable with it, sell it and try something else. Guns are like shoes. Standard sizes, but none fit all.

Also, my advice on ammo is to try a variety of weights. A 115 grain 9mm will have a different POI than a 123/4 grain and so on. Each gun, even identical makes/models, will have different POI's with the same ammo. Whatever weight the gun likes is what you buy for both practice and carry. However, my advice on a carry piece is to practice with the ammo you'll be actually carrying.

OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

You really should ask before you buy bro, I would put all three neatly back in their boxes, head down to the local gun store tomorrow and trade them in on something infinitely more usable. Check your other thread.
thanks, I respect your opinion but these are just to keep in the night stand next to the bed in a couple of different homes. They will not be something that is taken out to the range every week. For their intended purpose and especially for the intended shooter, I think they will do fine. Better that nothing...

Top Bottom