Model S Plaid

TR3B

Old but forgotten
I just can't wrap my head around all of the Tesla hate. American made ass-kicking motherfucker of a car. There's folks out there doing all manner of crazy shit with wrecked ones too Wicked. Fucking Tesla powered sand machines out at Glamis are mental.
Tesla has developed a problem of perception because of their fan base; they're cars for liberals. They'll never overcome it. Doesn't matter how good they look nor how fast they are - I can't spend that kind of bank on a car that makes people automatically assume I'm a communist twat.

Terry_Schiavo

Scrap Bracket magazine cover model
I just can't wrap my head around all of the Tesla hate. American made ass-kicking motherfucker of a car. There's folks out there doing all manner of crazy shit with wrecked ones too Wicked. Fucking Tesla powered sand machines out at Glamis are mental.
where did you perceive any h8?

rumble phish

BAMF+
All the driver would have to do is hold up an iPhone and a soy latte and that'd officially be the gayest thing I've ever seen.
So, a 1:30:XX lap of Laguna Seca in a 4-door saloon is gay? Ummm.... okay.

Tesla has developed a problem of perception because of their fan base; they're cars for liberals. They'll never overcome it. Doesn't matter how good they look nor how fast they are - I can't spend that kind of bank on a car that makes people automatically assume I'm a communist twat.
So, you'e more concerned about your politics and how people perceive you than you are about performance, or that an AMERICAN company is kicking everyone's ass?

Ummm.... okay.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
The old Tesla roadster versus the lotus that it was an almost mirror image of. Only real issue was the weight. They were heavy, that’s harder on the brakes. And that made them slower. Hopefully they are getting the weight farther down with the new ones

TR3B

Old but forgotten
So, a 1:30:XX lap of Laguna Seca in a 4-door saloon is gay? Ummm.... okay.

So, you'e more concerned about your politics and how people perceive you than you are about performance, or that an AMERICAN company is kicking everyone's ass?

Ummm.... okay.
Yes to both.

BigGar

high on placebo
If you'd have said this a few years back, you might have been on to something. These days, most anyone with the means to have a nice stable of performance cars will have one of these as well. They're basically looked at as performance monsters with lots of room, or simply as super practical transportation.

If you want a virtue signaling commie ride, the Prius is still your go-to here. Always has been.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I want a Prius with a stuck gas pedal
I had to drive a Prius as a company car. I was soooo pissed that they stuck me with a Prius. Until I drove it. It was a damn nice driving car. And for what it was, it handled like it was on rails, and I could get 60+ mpg if I really pushed it. To say it was/is a better car than the 2015 Ford Fusion Platinum Energi POS my stepson gave to his Mom would be a massive understatement. The Fusion is a complete pile of steaming, loose dog shit. I'd take another Prius in a heartbeat over the ord.

Terry_Schiavo

I had to drive a Prius as a company car. I was soooo pissed that they stuck me with a Prius. Until I drove it. It was a damn nice driving car. And for what it was, it handled like it was on rails, and I could get 60+ mpg if I really pushed it. To say it was/is a better car than the 2015 Ford Fusion Platinum Energi POS my stepson gave to his Mom would be a massive understatement. The Fusion is a complete pile of steaming, loose dog shit. I'd take another Prius in a heartbeat over the ord.
I rented one for a couple weeks... put about 3500 miles on it... I want to say I got ~480miles a tank doing 75-80 avg and the tires up around 40psi on the highway.

I was picking up firewood in the K10 the other day. This beat dick Duramax was tailgating a Prius as they were getting getting off the highway and I was merging on. The Duramax driver waved and gave me a thumbs up.

I waved back.

Terry_Schiavo

I was picking up firewood in the K10 the other day. This beat dick Duramax was tailgating a Prius as they were getting getting off the highway and I was merging on. The Duramax driver waved and gave me a thumbs up.
I waved back.
is that the right move? Id consult sailUSVI sailUSVI on the proper hand gestures...lol.
That being said... my 6.0 gasser takes eight fucking quarts of oil!!. I questioned the attendant on why so much... then he pointed to a Duramax pulling into the other bay saying they took upwards of 10+. Gallons of oil for a change! :D

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Build quality = :luckystrike:

Friend works at a high end body shops that says the Tesla has the worst build quality out of any high end car that came through his shop.. but he may just be a snow as he a certified porsche, Mercedes, and Ferrari body tech.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
This will.be a fun car..

tinhead

Has never named a pet
There was one of the e-Mustangs at the food store.
Those cars better work well because they are quite odd in appearance.
The pics I've seen are flattering, in the metal the jalopies are clumsily proportioned.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Today was a stormy, dark and cloudy day in Austin.
Lots of early thunderstorms.
I took my dogs for a walk during a break in the rain.
And when I heard a decelerating sort of howl, I assumed it was a jetliner coming down from under some sort of heavy turbulence.
But the sound seemed to be coming from behind me, and suddenly it stopped altogether.
I looked behind me just in time to hear the howl start up again.
It was an electric Porsche and the howl was from super wide tires.
No engine noise, just a howl from those mega sized sportscar tires.

I've heard electric cars before (heard their tires anyhow) but this howl was kind of cool sounding.

Top Bottom