Milley is a traitor

lanta

flesh creeper
That rat bastard should swing from a rope.

The wordings of the current oath of enlistment and oath for commissioned officers are as follows:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Article 104 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice
Aiding the enemy

jhinderliter

BAMF+
He did whatever he thought needed to be done ..

I hope folks like that stay in touch so we don’t go blowing each other off the map all Willy nilly ...

Stetson

BAMF+
This is going to be another one of those pointless threads where the same people try to gotcha each other for days on end.

If you are a fan of Trump, you won't like what Milley did. If you think Trump lost his mind after he lost the election, you won't be bothered at all.

Website
www.bobbywarns.com
The Constitution doesn't give deployment orders and there's a reason why civilians control the military. His actions were not outside the norm for a JCS Chairman in any traditional setting, but the tie in with Trump, and his call with Pelosi within the same timeframe need to be investigated. If he is found to have circumvented or went outside the Chain of Command, fry his ass.

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
Former acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller, who led the Pentagon from the period after the 2020 election through Inauguration Day, said that he "did not and would not ever authorize" Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley to have "secret" calls with his Chinese counterpart, describing the allegations as a "disgraceful and unprecedented act of insubordination," and calling on him to resign "immediately."

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I tried to shake the JCS hand, when he was visiting our unit...

...of course my hand was coated with WTR grease and he spotted it as he reached out to shake my hand, bypassed my hand and grabbed my wrist and shook that instead.

His staff was not amused but, the group I was standing there trying to look busy with was.

We were just a distraction and the real crew that was staged to be dropping an aft transmission were the one's he was being herded toward,
when he made an abrupt right flank maneuver and bee lined toward my group where I greeted him with a: "How's it going Sir?" while standing somewhat at ease.
I did notice that everyone else had snapped to attention and slowly drew myself into the same position as he reached out to me.
Obviously I was caught totally off guard.

This guy: Joint Chiefs of Staff > About > The Joint Staff > Chairman > General John William Vessey, Jr.

We all laughed about it for days after it was over.
The First Sergeant just shook his head at me and walked away.

Last edited:
Website
www.bobbywarns.com
My boy got to brief one of them a few years back. Can't recall if it was Dempsey or Dunford.
He thought it was kind of cool.
Guy hooked him up with a challenge coin too :)
I still have Rumsfeld’s SecDef coin here somewhere…it’s always nice to have the king of spades at a coin challenge. Edit* found it:
CC53F3BD-CF87-479F-A6B2-63AFB02E4105.jpegD26DDC0E-D7AB-4ED0-93DB-3AD2F1FF26EC.jpeg

jhinderliter

BAMF+
I still have Rumsfeld’s SecDef coin here somewhere…it’s always nice to have the king of spades at a coin challenge. Edit* found it:
View attachment 77731View attachment 77732
I got one of those too 👍🏼

Hauled him and his up armored ‘Burban From KCIA to BIAP In the fall of 03 ..

I’ve told the story here before ..

Glad I got to meet him ..

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
I don't pretend to know 1/1000th as much about our military as many members here know. I support our military and have great faith in them, individually and collectively. Despite my limited knowledge, most of the time I feel like I have at least a loose grasp of what to expect when this sort of conversation takes place.

But I have to admit, I didn't anticipate an active military member approving of the allegation that, in defiance of our Constitution, and perhaps in an act of treason, the highest-ranking military officer in the country contacted a potential enemy and promised to warn them if a surprise attack was imminent.
I understand the idea of not speaking out against your superiors, especially the top brass... but I can't wrap my head around this one. 🤷‍♂️

Stetson

BAMF+
My junior year at military college, I got into a bit of trouble that resulted in my (cadet) rank being reduced to private, being confined to my room for 30 days other than class or meals, and 30 "tours." Each "tour" was one hour of marching around a flagpole carrying a 1903A3 springfield, starting at 0500 hrs. There was a big notice of this taped to the door of my room, which I shared with another guy of the same punishment. This was called CMC, or "close military confinement" in university parlance. I'll come back to this in a minute.

Directly across the hall from my room, was the room of a good friend I wont name. He's now retired from the Army as a colonel, but at the time, was a cadet sergeant major. Most importantly for this story, he was also president of the university chapter of the Association of the US Army. In the center of the hallway, three rooms down from mine, was a big, brown trash can. My school was a dry campus, alcohol was officially prohibited. This meant you had to sneak it in, do your business, and sneak the evidence out. In the case of the latter, that meant getting your empties to the garbage can in the hall. Once they were there, they couldn't nail anyone. Think of the garbage can as kind of an amnesty box, for those familiar with the term. My roomie and I and a few buddies had had a bit of a drink the night before, and I needed to get my room sized, 2 foot tall round metal garbage can, heaping full of beer cans, down the hallway to the common garbage can.

It was about three in the afternoon, and I was in my bathrobe and flip-flops. I opened the door, peeked all up and down, and saw no one. Tuesday afternoons were usually quiet because cadets were off doing military things I sometimes skipped because I was already prior enlisted. I slipped out the door with my garbage can, and eased my door closed. They were metal, and would slam if you didn't. As soon as my door closed, the one directly across from mine opened, and there stood a man in a dress army uniform whom I instantly recognized, along with my friend, the future colonel. I recognized him because I was just at his speech at the auditorium for the hundreds of ROTC cadets. I had just got back from that, swapped my uniform for the bathrobe and decided to get rid of the beer cans. This officer, after his speech, wanted to see a current dorm room, as he had graduated in 1959. My friend was his on-campus liaison, as the president of the AUSA, so he had brought him to his own room. My friend's face went instantly red, but my friend, ever the professional (His Dad was a Marine colonel) did the proper military protocol thing, "Cadet Stetson, may I present General Gordon R. Sullivan, Chief of Staff of the United States Army."

Since I was holding my garbage can with my right arm, I had to delicately shift it to my left to shake his hand, and was forever thankful no cans fell when I did. "Nice to meet you, Sir. Excellent speech today" As we shook, he looked me in the eye, over my shoulder at the dual CMC notices taped to my door, down at my bathrobe at three in the afternoon at the military college he went to, up to the rounded heap of beer cans in my garbage can, and a slight smile broke across his face. That was my highest brush with rank, and I bet between the three of us that were there, this story has been retold a thousand times over the last 27 years. 🤣🤣

A23

BAMF+
My only bitch about the military is their propensity to purchase a lot of expensive complicated shit that doesn't work.

CID

BAMF+
I dont know milley, I dont know woodward I dont know polosi but what I DO know is this --- there were LOTS of calls back and forth between Russia and the US back when I was in and nobody cared because the alternative is way worse.

....oh and I met Colin Powell once...wait I mean I "briefed" him....:D It went like this --

"Good Morning Sir"
"Yes sir"
"Yes Sir"
"Thank you sir"
{Told him some stuff about my Bradley}

Then he got back in his chopper left. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom