Meet my new girlfriend Connie.....

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Well, not hard as a rock....but harder than stock in most cases.

I sent a stock Connie seat to Sargent back in '91 and told them I wanted harder foam under the driver, with a stock contour. It improved the seat immensely, since I didn't sink down and hit the pan anymore. Made the bike much better for long distance.

I had sat on a Corbin on a Connie, and didn't like the high, hard edges. I couldn't slide over and hang off as a result. I ended up with a used Corbin for my bike later since it was a nicer seat for the passenger, but it sucks for me...my stock contoured '86 seat is better for me.

OP
r1racer

r1racer

BAM
congrats' on the new steed... enjoy her!

if i keep reading such glowing reports...

i may have to park one next to the OG Hyper bike...

do they come in Suzuki colors...?
It's actually my friend's new bike..... wanted me to ride her but I was already a couple beers in..... beautiful bike especially at that price point.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Before Master-Cylinder gets here-
Change the brake fluid.

Other than that, just cruise along, and have ready access to new rear tires.
Coming up hard on 125,000km, keep on rolling!
(expect warm feet)

edit: the steering head bearings were replaced around 60,000 km, the fork seals have been replaced twice (spends time tied down in trailer)

Before Master-Cylinder gets here-
Change the brake fluid.

Other than that, just cruise along, and have ready access to new rear tires.
Coming up hard on 125,000km, keep on rolling!
(expect warm feet)

edit: the steering head bearings were replaced around 60,000 km, the fork seals have been replaced twice (spends time tied down in trailer)
when did you go metric on us ?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
From the time I picked mine up, it's been flashing "battery low" for both front and rear.
I've put just over 1000 miles on her and it's still flashing it, until tires get hot.
I'm not changing them (too fucking much money) since I check pressure before every ride anyway.
You can pop them apart and replace the batteries.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
From the time I picked mine up, it's been flashing "battery low" for both front and rear.
I've put just over 1000 miles on her and it's still flashing it, until tires get hot.
I'm not changing them (too fucking much money) since I check pressure before every ride anyway.
huh? Next time you change the tires...
Next question... how do you know your gauge is correct?? hahaha

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
My '08 has been great, I have around 60k on it now and ride it to work pretty much every day. I keep wanting something new and thinking about getting an H2. But it is hard to give up the Concours and spend so much on a new bike when the one I have serves it's purpose so well.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
You can get a soft Corbin seat? Everyone I've ever sat on, was hard as a rock.

Hard but compliant and very supportive.
Much better than the stock seat that came on my ZRX.
That fucking thing was like sitting on a panty liner stapled to a 2x4.

The only thing I ever had issue with was trying to shift/slide while in my leathers...
...the covering against the leather was a bit sticky.
A little baby powder solved that issue.

Master-Cylinder

View attachment 40702

My '14 model. I put a Kawi touring seat on it and it made a big difference to me. It's a great bike, and was my daily driver until I got my Versys 650 LT setup like I wanted.
Psssttt..... That's a microwave your sitting in the chair staring at. Maybe get a TV? Unless you happen to enjoy watching your Hot Pockets heating up.

Austin_F

BAMF+
You ever burned popcorn?

I'm pulling up a chair and getting my nose right up to the little window.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
I worked with an electrical engineer who swore he could feel microwave and for the reason didn't have one at his house and refused go into a room with one running.
Did he once have a supporting role on Laverne & Shirley later to get a role on Better Call Saul?

OP
r1racer

r1racer

BAM
OP
r1racer

r1racer

BAM
I worked with an electrical engineer who swore he could feel microwave and for the reason didn't have one at his house and refused go into a room with one running.
I think he's pulling your chain but to be honest, fields and waves classes sucked... those fuckin books might as well been written in chinese..

Last edited:
Website
cs.com
Test rode the Connie and it was nice but,not enough of a difference to get rid of my 04 FJR. I do have a 2006 ZX14 (that I hardly ever ride though).😁

Master-Cylinder

I've managed to keep it somewhat manageable. It helps that I've got another smaller building and an attached garage on my house or I'd be in trouble.
Wife tells me constantly I have too much "shit". Sure there are two mills, lathe, three welders, bead blaster, tyre machine, powered tyre spin balancer, table saw, band saw, chop saw, cut off saw, sander/shaper and more. But I think when I brought all my tool boxes and stuff home from the junk yard, it pushed her over the edge. I was working in there last night and thought, this place is a fucking dump! I need more storage, storage she doesn't know aboot.

Top Bottom