McLaren 765 LT Bad-Ass car!!

Terry_Schiavo

Scrap Bracket magazine cover model
I like the tire monitor... only 30psi though?? 111 degrees?? Seems cold... figured the tires would be around 180ish at the rear

Yeah Id like to see an actual pass... those devices can be "generous"

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
um youre only pushing one way with those beadlocks... on bikes you can generate enough acceleration & brake force to spin the tire on the rim.
You been sniffing glue? Sure, back in the olde days it was a concern, but not now. At one tyme, they were running sheet metal screws into the rims on TZ750 to hold the tyre in place. But, unless you're using Armor All to mount the tyres ain't gonna be a problem.
Yes, you can spin one on a dyrt bike with very little pressure in the tyre.

Terry_Schiavo

You been sniffing glue? Sure, back in the olde days it was a concern, but not now. At one tyme, they were running sheet metal screws into the rims on TZ750 to hold the tyre in place. But, unless you're using Armor All to mount the tyres ain't gonna be a problem.
Yes, you can spin one on a dyrt bike with very little pressure in the tyre.
um it is an issue these days as dunlop has a very specific way to mount spec tires. They still spin depending on the pace of the rider. Also there where never any days back then when you had a stock motor'd ZX10 making 200hp on spec fuel... with 96 ft lbs of torks!

Terry_Schiavo

Well then, Dunlop has issues, serious issues. The ancient Factory Ducati's I worked on had 200HP and didn't have that problem. And if the fucker can turn on the rim, I'd be concerned aboot it getting un-seated.
talk to ol Red... how many flurocarbons are they releasing into the air every event? :D AquaNet is every techs friend at Dunlop...lol

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Impressive.. I would throw a set of Hoosiers on it at a properly prepped track.

Car is definitely at the right weight to go fast.

OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
He just took delivery of his 765 LT and will likely put Toyo R888r on it, as that is what he runs on most of his cars. He is a drag racer at heart and races everything he owns at his local track. He often rents the track for him and his friends.

Terry_Schiavo

Impressive.. I would throw a set of Hoosiers on it at a properly prepped track.
Car is definitely at the right weight to go fast.
Im wondering how much traction it would take to start breaking stuff... Its devices say mid 6s @120... fast for a cage.

Terry_Schiavo

He just took delivery of his 765 LT and will likely put Toyo R888r on it, as that is what he runs on most of his cars. He is a drag racer at heart and races everything he owns at his local track. He often rents the track for him and his friends.
how do we become facebook friends?? :fu: Can you tell us if he eats a diet rich in antioxidants? what do his bowel movements look like?

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Don't get why 0 to 60 is still a thing...

Even the most pedestrian Tesla with baby seats in the back are going sub 3s

We should move on to something where ICE cars still rule, like track lap times, 0 to 150, etc.

OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
The 60-130 is where it's at these days. That 765 did it in 5.01
It also did 0-150 in about 9.9

• Red
Reactions: Red

Terry_Schiavo

We should move on to something where ICE cars still rule, like track lap times, 0 to 150, etc.
Its a C&D thing... who knows. Maybe relevant went 55 was the posted ... now Id say 100mph is way more relevant which my GSXRs can do in 1st gear

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
You guys know what I'm saying...

ICE car makers need to retire the 0 to 60, even the 0 to 120 metrics when quoting performance...because it's irrelevant if not embarrassing at this point

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench

Like say...being able to drive cross country, with only five minute gas stops?

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
The 60-130 is where it's at these days. That 765 did it in 5.01
It also did 0-150 in about 9.9
That the thing I don't get .. 60 to 130 rolls.. sure some one gets gapped but where is the skill. Digs take a bit more skill and serious cash to make things stay together while putting it all to the ground. But a lot of shit breaks when you start launch 750+ hp cars from a stand still so I do get the need for 60 to 130 races.

Me I like top speed runs. But there sure are some stupid rules the stock class. Like anything over 185 needs a cage. Nope not cutting my car up to put in a cage to run at an event.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
You guys know what I'm saying...

ICE car makers need to retire the 0 to 60, even the 0 to 120 metrics when quoting performance...because it's irrelevant if not embarrassing at this point
That wicked little Porsche begs to differ.

Top Bottom