MC- This Will Warm Your Heart

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Here's what the Thai cops do to the exhausts of bikes that were impounded due to exceeding the 95dB limit- there's nothing like a public display:

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Then they wouldn't get any impound fees (and, eventually, once the registrations are cancelled on the ones that aren't picked up, they'll be sold at auction). No way they're crushing revenue.:wink2:

llord2

BAM
Christ, why would anyone even chance it??

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Well, I'm running a Brock's exhaust that's definitely higher than 95dB, but 'big bikes' (that's anything 250cc or over here) generally don't get confiscated (only fined, though I've never been hit). There's a big late-night scooter racing scene in several cities (pretty much all teenagers), and they occasionally get raided, with all bikes being confiscated (and most have aftermarket exhausts)- I'd bet most (maybe all) of those bikes and exhausts in the video were part of a mass impound, where everyone present was arrested.

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Also, while most of those pipes probably say Akra, Yosh, or whatever, they're more likely bootlegs that cost $100-$200 (maybe less if they were made in a local muffler shop).

RobBase

BAMF
Judging by the wimpy roller they used, most of those pipes could probably be reinstalled on the bikes they came off of.
The operator should have turned on the vibrator, that'd have mashed them better.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Then they wouldn't get any impound fees (and, eventually, once the registrations are cancelled on the ones that aren't picked up, they'll be sold at auction). No way they're crushing revenue.:wink2:
Unlike the NYPD

Top Bottom