Mass murder - bow and arrow style

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Saw a movie not long ago about some guy who used ancient india arrowheads as his weapon of choice when hunting down people.

Wasn't Norway the same place that had the guy who killed all those kids at some camp?

White people get crazy when they decide to mass murder.

lanta

BAMF
5 kills with a bow and arrow?

We need to think about a graded handicap scoring system. Got to be equivalent to at least 30/40 with a semi-automatic.

Taking out 5 with a flintlock pistol would probably put you top of the Leaderboard.
You need to consider handicaps, too. I mean, you'd have to let them run farther for the pistol competition than the bows.

OP

Rocco

BAMF
Bows are under estimated by most people today. In medieval and earlier times there were bows with up to a 200 pound pull. I can imagine the arm needed to pull something like that. Those bows with blunt square metal heads could pierce body Armour at close range. The Comanches were guerrilla fighters and had 80 pound bows that would shoot 200 yards and the Comanche knew how to use them. The Navajo warriors had 50 pound bows and were required to be able to shoot 16 arrows a minute from the back of a running horse. Navajo warriors were also required to shoot several arrows a minute from a running horse, hanging from the horses neck and shooting parallel across the horses chest, using the horse for a shield _ quite a trick. Those guys got shit done.

RollieFree

BAMF
Bows are under estimated by most people today. In medieval and earlier times there were bows with up to a 200 pound pull. I can imagine the arm needed to pull something like that. Those bows with blunt square metal heads could pierce body Armour at close range. The Comanches were guerrilla fighters and had 80 pound bows that would shoot 200 yards and the Comanche knew how to use them. The Navajo warriors had 50 pound bows and were required to be able to shoot 16 arrows a minute from the back of a running horse. Navajo warriors were also required to shoot several arrows a minute from a running horse, hanging from the horses neck and shooting parallel across the horses chest, using the horse for a shield _ quite a trick. Those guys got shit done.

Not to mention the Mongols. The best of them all.
RF

gsteve

BAMF+

Ive read these stories and really wonder...The bows were made from local woods , the arrows too , the arrow shafts were wood and no way they could take huge forces without weighing a ton. Men back then were not as big or well fed as men today , i dont know a soul that could pull 200 on a long bow. Maybe a very strong male who has practiced a ton. Todays bows are incredible and with the cams and tech they can barely reach 300. If seen vids where guys have tried to reproduce these bows and shots and they havent come close to matching the stories.

LE05BUSA

GFY
The average medieval male height was less, but that just means there were more short than tall compared to now. If you look at the size of many of the suits of armor in museums, you will see that many of the knights were 5'10"-6'2". My 27th? Great-grandfather, Thorfinn Torf-Einarsson, Conqueror of the Orkneys, stood about 6'4" and lived into his eighties...in the 10th century.

A23

BAMF+
The average medieval male height was less, but that just means there were more short than tall compared to now. If you look at the size of many of the suits of armor in museums, you will see that many of the knights were 5'10"-6'2". My 27th? Great-grandfather, Thorfinn Torf-Einarsson, Conqueror of the Orkneys, stood about 6'4" and lived into his eighties...in the 10th century.
The guy that went by Thorfinn the Skull Splitter?

Sounds like a nice guy... :razz:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...medieval knights weren't archers...

...medieval archers were selected and trained from childhood...archery wansn't something one just picked up...

Top Bottom