Mask or no mask that is the question :fu: a fact to ponder, Harris County Texas, includes Houston. Total China sick deaths? A staggering 220

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
No, he spent energy creating a thread complaining about the overreaction. Because this is nowhere near what they have claimed. They have revised the numbers frequently. And every time they have revise them they have done so in the downward direction. This was supposed to kill millions of people. And it’s no worse than the common flu but places are in lockdown. And people are having their rights violated constantly.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
...This was supposed to kill millions of people. And it’s no worse than the common flu but places are in lockdown. And people are having their rights violated constantly.
No, it is alot worse than the seasonal flu. Mortality rate for seasonal flu is about 0.15%, COVID-19 currently running about 6%. Also, the hospitalization rate is higher. And those who are hospitalized are running almost 20% mortality now. Seasonal flu it is not.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
As of May 29, 2020, 02:02 GMT, worldwide there have been 362,023 deaths in just 5 months.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
A farce, really?
1.7 million people in Wayne County Michigan, which includes Detroit's 650k.
20,000 confirmed cases and 2,400 of them have died.
7 people I know have caught it and 3 are now dead
One of my best friends has 3 kids, 2 of which graduated from nursing programs this past Winter and both are seeing victims of this daily.

I had to go to the Emergency Room a few weeks back and spent about 4 hours there. Everyone had on the most heavy duty looking filtration masks and body coverings you could imagine, including staff out in the lobby doing intake procedures. First thing after getting me in to triage, test for Covid-19 as if I was going to require surgery (which I did not), I would have been shipped over to a different wing of the hospital. Everyone there is serious as hell about this pandemic and I see no fault in it.

Wear a mask, easy "Hell yes" from my perspective.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
This was supposed to kill millions of people.
Yes, without any measures being taken- looks like the shutdown saved millions of lives. If people had started wearing masks earlier (like in some other countries, including the one I live in), the 100K+ deaths the US currently has might be considerably less.

No, he spent energy creating a thread complaining about the overreaction. Because this is nowhere near what they have claimed. They have revised the numbers frequently. And every time they have revise them they have done so in the downward direction. This was supposed to kill millions of people. And it’s no worse than the common flu but places are in lockdown. And people are having their rights violated constantly.
Gee, it's almost like the fucking lockdown worked as designed. :retard: :retard:

Use your head :retard: :retard:

You sound like one of the turds that complained about having to wear a helmet during WWI because it "drastically increased the amount of head injuries" :retard: :retard:

Truth

Busa Riding Old Bass
Brand new commercial on the tube starring Birx, Farce, and the Surgeon General Squid......social distancing works. No mention of masks.....just distance. No masks worn during the whole photo op. 4 times in the last hour.

I'm fine with the distancing....because people suck

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
maybe where you're at. The preventative measures kept it from getting much, much worse.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
NORTHERN FL Home of the 2020 Pub Convention
Yes, without any measures being taken- looks like the shutdown saved millions of lives. If people had started wearing masks earlier (like in some other countries, including the one I live in), the 100K+ deaths the US currently has might be considerably less.
debatable... had China not acted like complete and utter selfish morons in denial... the whole world "may" have been better off.
But lets not discount how we don't even have a viable test protocol for asymtomatic carriers.

The shut down was done primarily to stop the health care system from being overwhelmed as it did in China. There is no real difference today and when this started regarding the drugs or treatment for this virus. Masks may help slow the progression however, infection is eventually inevitable. How this will effect you who knows? The country and the world cannot stay closed down forever. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that a vaccine will be developed, my God I hope so but to destroy the country economically this virus has unfortunately gotten political now?

Yes I do wear a mask when going out even if where I travel to frequently the virus is virtually non existent.

Ren

BAM
Website
www.fortunecity.com
No, it is alot worse than the seasonal flu. Mortality rate for seasonal flu is about 0.15%, COVID-19 currently running about 6%. Also, the hospitalization rate is higher. And those who are hospitalized are running almost 20% mortality now. Seasonal flu it is not.
Quoting mortality rates is kind of ridiculous with out throwing in the age statistics, the vast majority of deaths are people over the age of 65. Let them stay home in quarantine.
Take Oregon for example out of a total of 151 deaths attributed to Covid-19. Zero were under the age of 40 yrs old, "3" were between the ages of 40-49 yrs old, "15" were between 50-59 yrs old, "29" were 60-69 yrs old, "44" were between 70-79, and "69" were 80 yrs or older.

Last edited:

Ed

Quoting mortality rates is kind of ridiculous with out throwing in the age statistics, the vast majority of deaths are people over the age of 65. Let them stay home in quarantine.
Agreed, and it's also questionable to throw around mortality statistics as gospel when the data acquisition itself is in doubt. If you test one person five times and get five positives, that's only one infection- not five, which is how some reports indicate the info is being used.

Agreed, and it's also questionable to throw around mortality statistics as gospel when the data acquisition itself is in doubt. If you test one person five times and get five positives, that's only one infection- not five, which is how some reports indicate the info is being used.

To your point.

Top Bottom