Marriage: It's Wonderful and Complicated

Second marriage was better than the first one. Second divorce was better than the first one. "Third time's a charm" they say... :p

Just curious, how many for you?

(I tell my buddies who've never been married, "Do it! You can't imagine!")

• Red
Reactions: Red

Hapo

Dog Boy
...ruined my life basicly...

...can' t think of good analogy...

....some thing aboot making or breaking...

OP
ThrottleBastard
I've only made the mistake once, still married. We get along fairly well, can't see any change in the future.
Still on the first, despite many attempts on my part to fuck up a GREAT marriage...
First. 22 years on July 20, 22 years of lost fingers on July 24..... ;)
Ditto....
Once, very happy. But I made the right choice first time. Some others aren't so lucky...

Nothing is more wonderful than a great marriage. It's the best! OTOH, nothing is more hellish than a bad one...

All you BAMFs beating the odds -- cheering you on!

...ruined my life basicly...

...can' t think of good analogy...

....some thing aboot making or breaking...

BTDT. "The higher the highs, the lower the lows."

"Every day is a gift." Grab your woman and drink her in with all of your senses.

Cheers!
dan

Second marriage was better than the first one. Second divorce was better than the first one. "Third time's a charm" they say... :p

Just curious, how many for you?

(I tell my buddies who've never been married, "Do it! You can't imagine!")
One is enough, never again

Just get 4 girl friends, one screws up move on to the next, on the rag move on to the next, can't cook move on to the next.

Just keep the best one that enjoys sex for the evening get together.

shotlady

With a Damn Nice Rack
one for me ended after ten yrs. I couldnt have picked a better person to divorce. I am well pleased. Id love to be married again, however i am in no hurry. I enjoy my psychological space and free flowing schedule. I would like to have some one to feed and drive me a round. my time alone has been so healing and peaceful. id love a best friend and road trip partner with a stiffy.

TwistedMister

Fucking Time Stealer
I've only made the mistake once, still married. We get along fairly well, can't see any change in the future.
if your still together and getting along it wasn't a mistake, rare perhaps but not a mistake, I think humans are meant for a single long term companion of the opposite sex, its the natural order of things.

shit just got fucked up somewhere along the line and society started selling the image that if you fuck anything that moves you're somehow cool, and divorce? I hate to say it but thats a sucker move, ESPECIALLY if you have children, you're supposed to suck it up and ride it out. arm yourself and go with it, fuck it was the parents that did the horrible job of screening potential partners and parents for their children but they always want to make the children suffer for their mistakes? bah

you marry for better or for worse, figure out what that means and teach your children what integrity is and work it out, for them and unity if nothing else.

I think they say like 80% of all broken families are a result of infidelity? sheesh

Kim and I are both on our second one, first one sucked for both of us.

When we tried to get married the local preachers would not marry us said it would not work,
her Lutheran me Southern Baptist, we ended up at a Judge and got it done. We had only
dated for three weeks and knew that this was right.

We are at 32 years and still going great, she is my best friend, shooter, motorcycle rider, ATV
rider and just my best buddy. We are together 7 days a week 24 hours a day and just have
a good time.

Our wedding day the base went on alert, they called us and told us we had 4 hours to wrap it
up, got into work she went on days and they put me on nights both on 12 hour shifts. The
second night about two hours into the shift my shop chief to me to get my ass home and don't
come back until they called me:lol:.

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Just had my 17th, I also got a good one. She loves me, I love her, she rides a Busa, just went shooting a few days ago with her, we just bought some quads for us, but most important she's a wonderful woman who is an excellent wife and mother.

agri

BAMF
As jaded as I am!!!!

I have been dating. Refreshing to be treated right!

I drank the purple koolaid so long I did not know how bad things were. I got to the point were I seriously doubted my sanity.

I hope to have someone in my life longterm, I just won't get remarried.

On bright note,happy thoughts etc.
My ex was arrested for breach of probation, trespassing and theft.
Lets hope she spends some time in the big house munching crotch muffins and coughing up huge prickly hair balls.
Oh wait, this is Canada, they'll probably send her out for evil cunt therapy, of which I will pay through my taxes as she doesn't work unless you think sucking cocks and punching peoples faces is work.

OP
ThrottleBastard
One marriage. 17th anniversary coming up in September. Sometimes it takes a little work, but it is worth it.

Pretty much same here, frk.. haha. but we've bounced, bobbed and weaved through the poo, and are loving life!!

Impressive!!!

I thought Gar and I were 1 and 2........30 years for me July 30th.

Just had my 17th, I also got a good one. She loves me, I love her, she rides a Busa, just went shooting a few days ago with her, we just bought some quads for us, but most important she's a wonderful woman who is an excellent wife and mother.

Your marriages rock and that's inspiring! (Riders, shooters, chefs -- whatever makes excellent companions to share life's ups and downs.) :up:

one for me ended after ten yrs. I couldnt have picked a better person to divorce. I am well pleased. Id love to be married again, however i am in no hurry. I enjoy my psychological space and free flowing schedule. I would like to have some one to feed and drive me a round. my time alone has been so healing and peaceful. id love a best friend and road trip partner with a stiffy.

"Better person to divorce" -- hmmmm, I have to think about what that means. :) Joy, pain, freedom -- each time feeling profound gratitude to be gifted a "new" life. (first time, my decision. Second was hers. Either way, when the "dark storms ended" wow! So beautiful!)

Having had a bad wife will really help you to appreciate a great wife.

Tom

I've found this to be true of bosses, restaurants, neighbors, . . .

if your still together and getting along it wasn't a mistake, rare perhaps but not a mistake, I think humans are meant for a single long term companion of the opposite sex, its the natural order of things.

shit just got fucked up somewhere along the line and society started selling the image that if you fuck anything that moves you're somehow cool, and divorce? I hate to say it but thats a sucker move, ESPECIALLY if you have children, you're supposed to suck it up and ride it out. arm yourself and go with it, fuck it was the parents that did the horrible job of screening potential partners and parents for their children but they always want to make the children suffer for their mistakes? bah

you marry for better or for worse, figure out what that means and teach your children what integrity is and work it out, for them and unity if nothing else.

I think they say like 80% of all broken families are a result of infidelity? sheesh

We all make mistakes. Some bigger than others. The gift is to learn from them. (I know, group hug. :D) I also believe in the long term companion being natural -- SPIRITUALY! (more below) I agree, infidelity and divorce are probably too easy and accessible when compared to the trauma it might cause children. Sure, there are some partners who don't try enough. And, it's terrible when battling parents involve the kids unfairly in their fights. However, some children are glad to have one happy parent after divorce.

As for infidelity, several studies show women are running around more than the men.

once or twice i can understand. Why do people bother to get married more than twice in their lives? (outside of being a widow/er)

Hopeless romantic, and/or slow learner lol!

Kim and I are both on our second one, first one sucked for both of us.

When we tried to get married the local preachers would not marry us said it would not work,
her Lutheran me Southern Baptist, we ended up at a Judge and got it done. We had only
dated for three weeks and knew that this was right.

We are at 32 years and still going great, she is my best friend, shooter, motorcycle rider, ATV
rider and just my best buddy. We are together 7 days a week 24 hours a day and just have
a good time.

Our wedding day the base went on alert, they called us and told us we had 4 hours to wrap it
up, got into work she went on days and they put me on nights both on 12 hour shifts. The
second night about two hours into the shift my shop chief to me to get my ass home and don't
come back until they called me.

Three weeks! When it's right, it just feels natural -- not difficult work! :up:

Being 80+ yrs of age & never married. I cannot put down a comment on this one OTHER then I hav never even come close.

"Every lid has a pot." Starting at age 60 or 70, women vastly outnumber men more and more.

Unable to do away with love, the Church found a way to decontaminate it by creating marriage.

Your all lying!!!!!

I know !!!!

It's all an evil conspiracy.

Have you come across Chalice and the Blade? (http://www.amazon.com/Chalice-Blade-Future---Updated-Epilogue-ebook/dp/B005Z0IX7C/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370277267&sr=1-1&keywords=chalice+and+blade)

At first, I thought it would be feminazi propaganda, but instead turned out to be quite eye-opening RE Bible as control tool. (BTW & FWIW, I do believe in God[dess], Angels [appearing and helping here on earth], Heaven,...)

As for consipracy, many studies around the world show divorces peaking at 3-4 years. Evolutionary psychologists, like Dr. Helen Fisher, say this is from millions of years of evolution -- that it takes 3-4 years of both parents' nurturing for offspring survival.

They are ALL wonderful and loving ......right up until they aren't; aint that right agri!

You know, that duc/gix/cbr was the most perfectly awesome handling bike ... until I fell off. :D

OP
ThrottleBastard
Multi-quote reply dropped a bunch of you -- my apologies.

As jaded as I am!!!!

I have been dating. Refreshing to be treated right!
I know how you feel! It's a gift!

I drank the purple koolaid so long I did not know how bad things were. I got to the point were I seriously doubted my sanity.
I know how you feel. (Along with the millions each year also going through divorce.) Google Auschwitz Syndrome.

I hope to have someone in my life longterm, I just won't get remarried.
What if she's The One. :D

OP
ThrottleBastard
:lol::p

(Me? As Matt Groening drew in Love is Hell, "Ready for Further Punishment." lol!)

John Gray's Men from Mars Women from Venus -- it's worth reading the first 1/3rd or so. Good stuff, but later turns to shit. Pick it up -- will make you smile and laugh (and cry?! lol)

Last edited:

WitsBusa

cheese steak, Esq.
Then I definitely will not marry her.

Even thought it is directly contrary to my glass half full, rose colored glasses approach to life anymore, I would not argue with your logic one bit after reading about what you endured, agri..

agri

BAMF
The best thing(sarcasim) was when my work cut my benefits off.

When she used them to upgrade her hospital room giving birth to the other guys baby and used them previously for an abortion???

I still laugh over that one.
No wait....
It was funnier when she put all my dogs into the pound, where they were destroyed.
no wait
It was hilarious when i got the $31000 bill for a line of credit I never used.
no wait
It was friggin fall down laughing when she sunk my boat.
no wait
when I had to sell my profitable business for a HUGE loss I was in stiches, it was funnier when my house was taken.
no wait.
I still LOL when I look at my lawyer bills paid from my retirement fund when I had to dole out everytime she bailed on court days.
No wait
Sponging off friends for two years sleeping on a couch was uplifting, loosing 53 lbs because I had no money for food was priceless.
no wait
Finally having my cottage and retirement home taken was so funny I cried.

Nope.
If this gal is the right one...
I wont marry her.

(all of this written with a smile, fact is I did not commit murder, nor did I commit suicide, I'm way stronger and I never gave up)

OP
ThrottleBastard
Sponging off friends for two years sleeping on a couch was uplifting, loosing 53 lbs because I had no money for food was priceless.
Neighbor's buddy was forced to sell car upside down, take a loan on future worth of retirement to give her, and gave house to her, all ordered by a judge in western PA.

He had no house, no car, paying on a loan that his retirement may not be worth in the future, and lived on buddy's couch.

T"That which does not kill..."

(all of this written with a smile, fact is I did not commit murder, nor did I commit suicide, I'm way stronger and I never gave up)
"Heaven tests you with what you can handle." You are one strong motherfucker.

(Some Christians, Hindus, Buddhists and Native Americans believe the spirit knows what life will be like on earth before coming, and eagerly choose to be born for the particular growth experience opportunity. Spiritual beings having a physical experience.)

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I know a guy who's wife is planning on taking him to the cleaners. She has already pulled some shit. It ain't going to be pretty.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
The best thing(sarcasim) was when my work cut my benefits off.

When she used them to upgrade her hospital room giving birth to the other guys baby and used them previously for an abortion???

I still laugh over that one.
No wait....
It was funnier when she put all my dogs into the pound, where they were destroyed.
no wait
It was hilarious when i got the $31000 bill for a line of credit I never used.
no wait
It was friggin fall down laughing when she sunk my boat.
no wait
when I had to sell my profitable business for a HUGE loss I was in stiches, it was funnier when my house was taken.
no wait.
I still LOL when I look at my lawyer bills paid from my retirement fund when I had to dole out everytime she bailed on court days.
No wait
no wait
Finally having my cottage and retirement home taken was so funny I cried.

Nope.
If this gal is the right one...
I wont marry her.

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/best-break-letters-ever-ask-8216-kelsi-8217-182300344.html

Top Bottom