Mafia - what are you playing?

Dameon

BAMF+
could u actually fly a real plane if you mastered the VR system like this? Isn't that how some of the 9/11 bombers learned to fly? Is it that easy? Good skill for when the apocalypse happens.
Could you drive a car around a circuit quickly in real life if you played enough Forza? Could you be a combatant in real life if you played enough Call of Duty?

I have flown planes and played flight sims... no doubt my first plane flying effort was made much easier due to sim time, but it is a very different experience. Like roadczar said, there's a lot of procedural things (like tower checkins along your route) and slight terminology differences between a plane and a sim.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Could you drive a car around a circuit quickly in real life if you played enough Forza? Could you be a combatant in real life if you played enough Call of Duty?
depends on what quickly means... qualifying for an event or just technically proficient in hitting apexs and braking zones? Lots of car racers use Iracing to keep skills sharp. They are using real wheels and pedal setups plus there is a certain amount of crash damage reality so you cant just bulldog your way thru. Of course there are real like obstacles like A pillars, the sun reflection, etc...
I dont think using a driving simulator will ruin or atrophy skills. COD? I doubt that is doing anything for anyones real life abilities other than keeping them out of reality...lol

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
I popped in uncharted, thief's end today. I love when it comes up at a save point and tells you the last time you played it... 3/2018! I never got through this game. The annoying puzzles pissed me off too much. I don't want to think too much when I'm playing a video game.

Did you ever download the mods for it?

There was one that modernized it, it worked very well. Desert Combat.
The DC mod for BF1942 was fantastic. That was right around the time I started going to LAN parties, wasn't old enough to drive, so some of the guys would give me a ride to Subway to get lunch. Bawls was a thing too. DC was the main game we'd play, there'd be some UT/UT2003 going on, but by and large we were there for DC. The organizer was an IT employee who had a boss that was cool enough to let 15-20 people spend the day in backroom of the warehouse. Awesome memories, I'm sad the scene isn't active anymore. My favorite thing was to throw down C4 on main roadways, take cover and wait for tanks to roll by to capture the point and blow them up, waiting for the "Aw WTF!" to follow. One dude with a joystick was really good and would take the helicopter and dominate. Think he had a decently built Mustang. I'd download all the music and movies I could find on the local share because I was still on 56k dialup at the time.

I'll have to make it to QuakeCon sometime.

Austin_F

BAMF+
I was a pretty good helo pilot myself. Hovering wasn't easy but it was the quickest way to take over a spot.

I also loved to pilot the ac130 so my friends could send hell onto the n00bs below

Jeff1216

BAMF
Gaming is a crazy world.... My girlfriends daughter has been dating/living with Todd H. for a little over 10 years. He was the CEO of id software before he took a massive buyout and was instrumental in some major games.

He just dumped a shit pile of $$ into a company in Florida .. They are developing some game that is suppose to turn the industry on its head (I have got him hammered and he will not spill the beans on the game).

Last edited:

Dameon

BAMF+
We had that guy here that played MS Flight SIM and had zero real life flight experience and then stole the Alaska Airlines Bombardier turboprop and did the loopity loop.
What the hell happened in the video? I don't have audio, so I can only guess... military jet shoots down guy in stolen turbo prop to protect another 9/11 event?

WARREN

BAMF+
The only computer game I've played was Pong, back around 1982. Otherwise, I do real stuff and live a real life.
Its oK dude, we see you.
We KNOW you dont:
Go to the movies
Have a smartphone
Watch tv or movies
Play video games
Fuck your wife well
Wash your hands.
Etc etc

It's the world according to master fucking cylinder....... you're a dead ringer for my ex mother in law....but you probably have less facial hair.
Man she was a hairy dumb bitch.....you just aint so hairy

Last edited:
Top Bottom