Mafia - what are you playing?

BigBusa

BAMF+
Winter finds me playing PS4 a bit. I almost never play video games anymore. :( Sucks getting old! I picked up hitman and didn't love it. Then, started playing mafia the definitive edition. Loved it! Finished it. Now playing mafia 3 definitive edition.
I played Warriors on PS2 for a stretch but the constant button mashing, fighting got old quick.

Hoping to eventually get a ps5 when retail catches up. Not paying scalper prices.

Whatchu playing?

Last edited:
  • WTF
Reactions: Red

Stetson

BAMF+
A bunch of friends and I posse up once a week on Red Dead Online. Lots of laughs. Sometimes as many as eight or nine of us, spread out over the East coast. Fun way to keep in touch.

I just downloaded BeamNG for my new PC tonight, haven't tried it yet.

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
A bunch of friends and I posse up once a week on Red Dead Online. Lots of laughs. Sometimes as many as eight or nine of us, spread out over the East coast. Fun way to keep in touch.

I just downloaded BeamNG for my new PC tonight, haven't tried it yet.
I PLAYED RED DEAD WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT. Loved it for a while. It was such a HUGE world that it became too much. I could never see myself finishing it so I just quit. I've never played any online games.

hedgehog

BAMF
Played RDR2 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sort of GTA with horses, standard rockstar fare, but rockstar games are sort of the equivalent of sugary breakfast cereal - you know what you’re getting, it’s satisfying at the time and you know you’ll be back for more.

Brought last of us part 2 when it came out......fucking hell!....visually superb, great combat, very story driven if a bit traumatic emotionally. I can see why it got a lot of backlash when it came out, but naughty dog knocked it out the park.

Last game was days gone. Biker zombie/infected thing. Not spectacular but good fun and well made. The only criticism I had was the fucking long load times after cutscenes etc. apart from that it’s worth picking up.

Currently playing mad max. Saw a list of underrated video games and it was on it, saw it cheap and gave it a go. It’s fun, plenty of free roaming entertainment, and i’ve died a LOT at the start. Well worth the 20€ from the game shop.

Last edited:

hedgehog

BAMF
Winter finds me playing PS4 a bit. I almost never play video games anymore. :( Sucks getting old! I picked up hitman and didn't love it. Then, started playing mafia the definitive edition. Loved it! Finished it. Now playing mafia 3 definitive edition.
I played Warriors on PS2 for a stretch but the constant button mashing, fighting got old quick.

Hoping to eventually get a ps5 when retail catches up. Not paying scalper prices.

Whatchu playing?

View attachment 57691

View attachment 57692
I played the first mafia game on PC years ago. Seems it’s been redone totally, but I believe it’s only for PS5 🙁

The soundtrack was brilliant! That game got me into Django Reinhardt 😎

Austin_F

BAMF+
Im slowly picking away at Tomb Raider on PC, and Snowrunner on XB1.

Very slowly. I haven't touched either in a month or more. School got tougher.

hedgehog

BAMF
Taking a break from VR with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
I’d like to have a go at that as it looks really good.

Can’t get on with 1st person games. The perspective I just find too disconcerting to play, though in VR they must rock!

Might have another go at 1st person with one of the wolfenstein games, cos they look like silly fun at its bloody best.

Stetson

BAMF+
The only computer game I've played was Pong, back around 1982. Otherwise, I do real stuff and live a real life.
Always funny that whenever computer games are brought up, the guy with nearly 60,000 posts here has to chime in to let everyone know how he can't be bothered with such childish pursuits. Averaging almost 9 posts every day here, for the last 6,342 days... :roll::D

Dameon

BAMF+
Worth a repost in this thread...

I've played nearly every game in that picture. Some more than others. Battlefield: 1942 was one of my overall favorites pictured, although Vice City would be a close second. Probably spent more hours in Unreal Tournament LAN parties though.

roadczar

BAMF
Worth a repost in this thread...

View attachment 57769

I've played nearly every game in that picture. Some more than others. Battlefield: 1942 was one of my overall favorites pictured, although Vice City would be a close second. Probably spent more hours in Unreal Tournament LAN parties though.
I'd have to pick HL followed by BF 1942. For multi player BF series was my favorite.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
i stopped playing at 1/2 life... loved Quake 2 online tourneys. One hangout was called The Viper Pit... setup by some bored IT guy on secret partition on his company's server.
Played for years... like 1998 til 2002?? Sometimes when I was drunk I would get a rail gun and go camp on a ceiling..lol. The smack talk was hilarious especially if the admin was playing.
Couldnt get into the subsequent releases except 1/2 life or into FPS with video controllers vs keyboard/mouse.

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
Can’t get on with 1st person games. The perspective I just find too disconcerting to play
I hate 1st person shooters! I bought bioshock collection recently and hated it. Luckily, I'm buying games used that are years if not a decade old. It would suck to pay $50-$60 for a game when it first comes out and then hate it.
I like a 3rd person shooter. My favorite game in a long while was infamous. I bought the 2nd one a few years later but couldn't get into it.

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
Always funny that whenever computer games are brought up, the guy with nearly 60,000 posts here has to chime in to let everyone know how he can't be bothered with such childish pursuits. Averaging almost 9 posts every day here, for the last 6,342 days... :roll::D
...when you put it that way!! LOL

Wretch

amazingly graceful
A lot of side scroll games at the arcade, graduating from pinball and shooting pool.

I think the first flight simulator I played was Red Barron back in Windows 3.1...
...or the first game I recall buying on a 5.25 floppy back in DOS was a game called Destroyer.

I've always leaned more toward Simulator play than games but, did play some of the first person shooters early on.
Duke Nukem
Doom
Descent

MS CFS on The Zone back in the 90's.
IL-2 Sturmovik
Some puzzle type quest games.
Rogue Spear with a crew for a brief time.
Comanche helicopter sim from Nordic.
X-Wing
Battle Zone

The most I play now is WoWS, in spurts.
I haven't played WoT in a couple of years.

Loved Forza on Xbox Live but, that got old a few years back.

I've considered some Space Sims but, just haven't had the time or interest enough to invest.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I used to enjoy RPGs like the Diablo series- I played it a lot online in 1999. God of War is good as well, and, while it's a button masher, there are also interesting puzzles to solve. I've been meaning to start the latest one.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Fallout 4 and Skyrim were good for modding.

Couple of playthroughs, then start making it a really crazy world!
I did enjoy the Fallout game but, after I got the nuke launcher and went to the top of the tall building with plenty of rounds to lob, it was boring after that.

Most of the quest games just seem like so much busy work to me.
Go here, avoid that, go there, gather this, now go all the way back to where you started and sell/trade what you just spent an hour to acquire.

Strategy/skill/knowledge type games are way more interesting but, get boring too.
Small short bursts with occasional binges is the only way to assault one's senses so you don't get burnt out.

I did play some Mario/Nintendo type games once in a while but, learning pathways and when to press the button got old quick.

hedgehog

BAMF
I did enjoy the Fallout game but, after I got the nuke launcher and went to the top of the tall building with plenty of rounds to lob, it was boring after that.

Most of the quest games just seem like so much busy work to me.
Go here, avoid that, go there, gather this, now go all the way back to where you started and sell/trade what you just spent an hour to acquire.

Strategy/skill/knowledge type games are way more interesting but, get boring too.
Small short bursts with occasional binges is the only way to assault one's senses so you don't get burnt out.

I did play some Mario/Nintendo type games once in a while but, learning pathways and when to press the button got old quick.
With fallout 4 I spent a lot of time settlement building using mods, throwing up huge castle like structures (remove build limit, expand build able area, scrap everything mods), load them up with laser and rocket turrets and wait for the fun. That and sniping supermutants with a .50 cal from half a mile away.

Sort of like the sims with radiation and bloodshed.

😎😃

Stetson

BAMF+
I am getting my new Alienware system up and running, downloaded MS Flight Sim 2020 last night. Made it maybe two miles before I overstressed the aircraft and crashed. Second attempt, I made it over my house. Hard as fuck to fly with the numeral pad on the keyboard. Need to find a joystick today. Graphics are so amazing (to me, mind you), I had to quick rub one out to get the keyboard to lay flat on my lap again. :eek: View out the window of the pond we have a camp on... (photo of tv screen)

GSXRN99

CAPSLOCK
the last electronic game I played was a pinball machine called 8 ball like 40 years ago. I played a lot of billiards and the pinball machine was at a poolhall I hung out at. I have never played a video machine not even pacman. I wonder why? It must mean something. I don't know. It was difficult for me to give up my rotary phone for a pushbutton or give up a car or truck that didn't have points.

roadczar

BAMF
I think you could learn "how to fly", but not actually be able to fly if the situation presented itself. You can learn things like procedures, instrumentation, were things are located, ... If I had to choose between someone who never flown a Sim and someone who has, I'd have to choose the latter. 😀

Stetson

BAMF+
Do you have to have all the keyboard memorized? How can you tell which button does what?

Austin_F

BAMF+
I think you could learn "how to fly", but not actually be able to fly if the situation presented itself. You can learn things like procedures, instrumentation, were things are located, ... If I had to choose between someone who never flown a Sim and someone who has, I'd have to choose the latter. 😀
I think you could. not as smoothly as a trained pilot, but I think the sims have gotten pretty good. Id say takeoff is much easier than landing but i bet you or i could do it.

If i had to choose between taking over for a 747 pilot midflight and landing it, vs getting in a top fuel car, launching it, keeping it straight and stopping it, id take the 747!

Top Bottom