Lucky Bastard LA, July 18 2019 unveil of C8 mid-engine corvette, invite preview

OP
Cisco San Jose
In 5 years, his RX-7 will be worth more than the corvette he’s trading it in for
Not trading in the RX-7 it goes into moth ball for future restore back to original shape with all new engine parts and dings and scratches removed.

Same as I will be doing with my 99 Hayabusa S/N 25 in the world

Austin_F

BAMF+
Thay youtube thumbnail isn't very flattering. Looks like an altima or maybe *any* lexus.

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
Not trading in the RX-7 it goes into moth ball for future restore back to original shape with all new engine parts and dings and scratches removed.

Same as I will be doing with my 99 Hayabusa S/N 25 in the world
Glad to hear that

RX-7 is a treasure to be kept. There will never be another rotary. I’m actually thinking of importing a second FD

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Under $60K

Really? So they went for the bang for the buck formula, meaning the interior will be shit and it will be relegated to the rental car fleets

Well I’ve lost all interest
American cars never have quality interiors. Find another excuse.

S.C.

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I'll wait for the z06 version. And then probably wait another couple years for them to work the bugs out and buy a used one.

I watched the event last night live on the internet and I really like the car. Amazing they brought it in at $56k to start. The interior looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure I like the row of buttons down the center console.

A23

BAMF
I'll wait for the z06 version. And then probably wait another couple years for them to work the bugs out and buy a used one.

I watched the event last night live on the internet and I really like the car. Amazing they brought it in at $56k to start. The interior looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure I like the row of buttons down the center console.
You have to give GM credit for having the balls to pivot to a mid engine platform.

I thought it was a stupid move...until they announced the price.

I can't wait to see it tested against the other supercars.

OP
Cisco San Jose
Glad to hear that

RX-7 is a treasure to be kept. There will never be another rotary. I’m actually thinking of importing a second FD
My friend who owns Mazda repair shop in Santa Clara has a RX-8 32R that has been redone with a fresh motor, he is the expert in Northern Calif for rotary repair and he is selling that RX-8 for $8,000.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
My friend who owns Mazda repair shop in Santa Clara has a RX-8 32R that has been redone with a fresh motor, he is the expert in Northern Calif for rotary repair and he is selling that RX-8 for $8,000.
RX-8 doesn’t command the same $’S as the RX-7 lineup

The 8 is shunned by the purists

Near mint FD’s are going for north of $50K

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
$45K '93 with 28K miles:

1993 Mazda RX-7 Base with Leather Seats | eBay

$27K '93 with 65k miles

1993 Mazda RX-7 Turbo 2dr Hatchback | eBay

$23K '93 with 183K miles

1993 Mazda RX-7 | eBay

Want to go JDM?

This FD is almost $28K with 100k miles

MAZDA RX-7 TYPE R BATHURST R | 2001 | YELLOW | 160,147 km | details.- Japanese used cars.Goo-net Exchange

The C8 could very well carpet bomb the US market. Every mid-level manager and accountant who aspires to own a Porsche or Ferrari will buy one (especially knowing it can fit 2 golf bags). Five years after release the value will drop through the floor when 1000's are listed on ebay and elsewhere as newer generations come out

Cisco's RX-7 FB will only appreciate from here on out, it's all gravy. They ain't making rotaries anymore

OP
Cisco San Jose
My C8 is coming from Tampa Florida, from one of the top 10 dealership of Chevy in the USA. I'm number 73 out of the first 200 2020 stingray allotted to this dealer. Now choice of color Gun metal gray or coco brown. They already have my $500 pre-order refundable deposit. Selling to me at MSRP plus any option plus Calif DMV plus shipping of the vehicle to Calif, plus any Calif sales tax.

Now my friend is looking for me a house in San Diego since I need a place for my cars, truck, motorcycles and all the other toys.

I think Gar might know the average price of shipping a car from Florida to Calif.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
luckystrike luckystrike is not an apples to apples comparo. Asking prices mean bupkiss...Ciscos was what...$13k new all in? Nobody is paying that for a stockr...maybe 60yrs from now

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
My C8 is coming from Tampa Florida, from one of the top 10 dealership of Chevy in the USA. I'm number 73 out of the first 200 2020 stingray allotted ...
Who cares who sells it? Taking delivery from Bowling Green and driving NCM would be a unique experience vs shipping it 2 or 17 times. Then get on the highway and drive home.

Last edited:

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Congrats Cisco, good looking car in my opinion.
You'll most likely have the only one in your um... "neighborhood".

OP
Cisco San Jose
This is my RX-7, behind it is my 2008 Tundra 4x4 SR-5 and on the side is my Hayabusa, 2015 Indian Scout, 99 ZX6r and in the back of the tundra in the locked area is my 2 Harleys 92 FB and 94 Heritage, all paid for in cash.

RX-7 will be going in storage till I get a house, my friend in San Diego is looking for one for me, I like to stay in the bay area but prices of houses is sky high for a fixer upper $1 million +

Attachments

Master-Cylinder

I had to move out of Colorado in my early 20's because I couldn't afford to live there. I still can't.
The last two state I've lived in have no state income tax.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
I don't think he's serious about brown...surely can't be...

Now we know why Ferrari doesn't allow owners to paint their cars...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
The brown in OK, imho- wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not terrible:

39F3839A-1445-48DE-BF32-ACE163451E4C.jpeg

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
You queef-sniffing debutante... manual transmissions are a simpler mechanism and therefore more robust.

I could hardly expect a dorito-licking deviant such as yourself to even begin to comprehend the force distributions between the three versions.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
You queef-sniffing debutante... manual transmissions are a simpler mechanism and therefore more robust.

I could hardly expect a dorito-licking deviant such as yourself to even begin to comprehend the force distributions between the three versions.
Simpler yes but more prone to operator error and being smashed to bits...

...like I did to your mom the other night

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I used to think a manual was mandatory, had one in my Vette. After driving the AMG with a DCT I was sold. DCT shifts so fast it is amazing, it's not like an automatic at all. You just shift using paddles instead of a stick, it only shifts when you tell it to, way faster around a road race track and just as much fun.

OP
Cisco San Jose
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I decided before I die I would own a super car with mid-engine esp made in the USA. I'm happy to order the car no matter what color it is. I like the styling very sexy, it's like the first year Hayabusa where people hated it or liked it. I like it and that all that matters.

Hey ride safe everyone.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
function, meh .. there's the fun factor though .. I personally wouldn't buy a car in that segment without one.
And I totally concur with that. Every car I've ever owned was a stick and wouldn't have it any other way

But there is no reason for the manufacturers to keep making manuals

The autos are astonishingly good. Flogged a 500+ HP Porsche Panamera last weekend. More than anything, I could not believe how good the tranny was

But the car itself wasn't fun to drive. The whole car felt like it was numbing me from the environment. It was just too easy to drive hard and fast. The Porsche owner was following me in my JDM RX-7 (I related this story on another thread) and when we were parking up, he step out of my car with a shit eating grin.

So much so he's working the Japanese auctions to import his own

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
I used to think a manual was mandatory, had one in my Vette. After driving the AMG with a DCT I was sold. DCT shifts so fast it is amazing, it's not like an automatic at all. You just shift using paddles instead of a stick, it only shifts when you tell it to, way faster around a road race track and just as much fun.
Faster, by a country mile

More fun? I guess that's a personal take

There is something very satisfying about rowing through the gears, heal and toeing and getting it all just right

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Yeah, back in the really good old days it was satisfying to get that ignition advance lever set just right, power away from the others without the skill as they pinged in advanvement or wasted power through retardation.

Master-Cylinder

I would like a paddle shifted, foot clutch operated manual transmission. Like a shifter kart, no need for the clutch between shifts, clutch just for taking off and stopping. I rode a sweet ass motorcycle a few weeks ago with a beautiful quick shifter setup, it worked for up shifts and down shifts.

BigGar

high on placebo
I think they've hit a home run here. I guess we'll see in a year or so. It'll really get interesting when they bring out the more powerful options. If the base model is as fast as they claim that's a very good sign. I've been in and out of a lot of the C7's and whining about the interior quality on them is really pretty silly. It's a fantastic interior.

Top Bottom