Looking for a new ride....

Kyuss

BAMF
Claremore OK. Sucks even worse than Tulsa did.
Hey fuckers, it’s been awhile. Finally got my shit sorted out and I’ve been thinking on getting a new bike. I took one of these for a test ride the other day....

Anyone have any experience with the Indian Scouts, good or bad? The dealer has this used 2021 with 400 miles on it for 12,500.

I found the riding position odd as I have never ridden a bike with forward foot pegs before. Power wise I wasn’t impressed, but then again not much impresses coming off a bottle fed Busa. Ride was smooth, and felt planted in the corners. Most of my riding will be commuting to/from work, 60 miles per day on highways.

What are your thoughts? Get something bigger like a Chief? Or another jap bike?

(I also rode that FTR, couldn’t keep the front tire on the ground. It’s serious hooligan fun, just don’t think I would enjoy commuting on it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
If cruiser is your thing, can t you get a leftover Triumph Rocket 3 for that money?

Plenty power and some girth...

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
The ones I test rode in Daytona... they had "short" and "tall" versions which was basically different bars and peg locations.
Im pretty sure Indian allows unsupervised test rides at dealers. Just show your license and sign some forms.
I wanted to ride the street tracker mabob... wasnt available when I rode. Took everything else out for generous spins.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
NTRYDR has a Scout. If he doesn't find this thread you might ping him directly to see what he thinks now that he's owned it a few years.

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
Indian should change their name to "Fuck Off", in the hope that all the "it's a Polaris" crybabies will shut up.

Who cares as long as the bike performs it's intended task well. Changing the name on the tank from Indian to Polaris will change nothing about the experience of riding the damn thing.
Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder

OP

Kyuss

BAMF
Claremore OK. Sucks even worse than Tulsa did.

NTRYDR

Been There. Done That.
Hey fuckers, it’s been awhile. Finally got my shit sorted out and I’ve been thinking on getting a new bike. I took one of these for a test ride the other day....

Anyone have any experience with the Indian Scouts, good or bad? The dealer has this used 2021 with 400 miles on it for 12,500.

I found the riding position odd as I have never ridden a bike with forward foot pegs before. Power wise I wasn’t impressed, but then again not much impresses coming off a bottle fed Busa. Ride was smooth, and felt planted in the corners. Most of my riding will be commuting to/from work, 60 miles per day on highways.

What are your thoughts? Get something bigger like a Chief? Or another jap bike?

(I also rode that FTR, couldn’t keep the front tire on the ground. It’s serious hooligan fun, just don’t think I would enjoy commuting on it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
17B5136A-A521-4FAA-9BC4-C4BA5B05DC68.jpegI’ve owned mine for six years..Nary a problem..The newer ones have more damping in the front..I’m waiting on a heel shifter, because my left foot is fused with a huge strap of titanium..It’s fast for a v-twin..9k redline..Faster than any Sportster..

whipit1K

BAMF
I don't understand bikes with recliner ergonomics. I did ride a scout about 4 yrs ago, nice bike if you can stand that riding position. very compact bike as well

Pat830

BAMF
View attachment 62380I’ve owned mine for six years..Nary a problem..The newer ones have more damping in the front..I’m waiting on a heel shifter, because my left foot is fused with a huge strap of titanium..It’s fast for a v-twin..9k redline..Faster than any Sportster..
I'm digging that Camaro. I had a '71 like it when I was a yout. Mine was green, Good times.

r1racer

All Q All the Time
having the tuono tires swapped at the local honda dealer..... his tire prices were less than mail order..... and sixty bucks each to swap so not bad 👍

killin time..... this honda peaked my interest... which says alot as most hondas now are too blah or expensive..... still prefer the bobber by a nice margin.....

the honda though is a bit less $ even with dct option that I cant imagine ever wanting..... it was sold anyway..... same motor as africa twin though tweaked......

it was very interesting..... the showroom inventory was down about four million from pre-plandemic......

poor sap with the face diaper.... enuff already, this shit is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

r1racer

All Q All the Time
but triumph's done some nice improvements.... experience over the years building bikes pays dividends sometimes.... just a fun bike.....

was way more worried getting run over.... then gettin bitten takin this shot..... but what a beautiful black mamba 🤣

whipit1K

BAMF
New FTR1200 base model $9999.
Is that typical at the moment? That's a lot of bike @ 9999

Top Bottom