Looking for a compound bow with a 32" draw length...

rumble phish

BAMF+
That doesn't cost a fucking grand.

Anyone here do any target shooting with a bow? I looked at the PSE Citation SE, but that's $1700!!!

Looking to keep it under $400.

Last edited:
OP
rumble phish

rumble phish

BAMF+
Those were interesting vids Cisco San Jose Cisco San Jose :up:

I found this one on Amazon that'll go to a 31" draw length. According to the methods I read, my draw length should, ideally, be @ 31.5". I figure with the trigger release 31" will be fine. This has excellent reviews and the limbs (at least) are made in the good'ole US of A. Since I'm not a hunter or a competitive shooter I think this may just be the ticket :up:

Amazon.com : sanlida Archery Dragon X8 Hunting Archery Compound Bow Package/Limbs Made in USA/18-31 Draw Length/0-70Lbs Draw Weight/Up to 310FPS/1 Year Warranty (Black Pro) : Sports & Outdoors

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP
rumble phish

rumble phish

BAMF+
That PSE Freak that I posted is $1200 new and will go up to 33". It also includes the release, sight, and stabilizer.
Yeah, but still too pricey for me. I messaged the guy and offered $450 and he declined the offer.

OP
rumble phish

rumble phish

BAMF+
Get a Excalibur Micro crossbow
You can string it yourself when u have to and it s deadlier and more accurate than any bow
Interesting...

There used to be a crossbow upper made for AR platforms ( I think Cisco San Jose Cisco San Jose posted about it a while back) that looked hella cool. But it was also hella expensive!

gsteve

BAMF+
go to archery talk.com go to the classified. I shoot 3-5x week. I love it. i dont know what zen is but this must be it.I walk the field course twice with my dog. shots are 10-60m. im guessing this is what golf is like , i dont like golf tho , you will never master it, you can always improve.

gsteve

BAMF+
depends what you want to do , but crossbows are to archery what video games are to real life.
that being said i suppose recurve shooter say the same about the equipment i use.

OP
rumble phish

rumble phish

BAMF+
I was considering a crossbow for a minute, but I figured I already have a slew of rifles in a few different calibers, so what's the point? I'm not bagging on crossbows, as I think they're cool as hell. But I think if I wanna pull a trigger I could just pick one of my rifles. The bow is a different experience altogether.

I was also considering a recurve, but I'd need a 70", and that's a lot of bow to lug around. Not weight wise, but in overall length. I enjoy shooting both and my son has a recurve already. I figure we could both use the compound.

Hapo

Dog Boy
... a cheepo compound bow will likely be a quagmire...

...I would spend another $100 for the Diamond Archery Edge Pro bow package...

...that said it looks like the Dragon doesn't suk...

...I would try to find some actual reviews...

Last edited:
OP
rumble phish

rumble phish

BAMF+
... a cheepo compound bow will likely be a quagmire...

...I would spend another $100 for the Diamond Archery Edge Pro bow package...

...that said it looks like the Dragon doesn't suk...

...I would try to find some actual reviews...
The Diamond Archery Edge Pro does look good, but for the money (and after reading many positive reviews of it) my wife went ahead and ordered the Dragon X8 package for me as an Anniversary gift. 😎👍

I'll post up pics and my thoughts/review on it as soon as I can.

OP
rumble phish

rumble phish

BAMF+
Here's a decent, albeit lengthy, review on the Dragon X8 bow. The package I'm getting comes with everything in the video plus 12 carbon arrows, quiver, and soft case.

• WTF

Hapo

Dog Boy
...most of them work well at first...it's keeping them together in service that is an issue...Time is Truth...!!!...

...that bow is a widely aclaimed budget bow/starting point...

...like a lot of things it does seem like quality is trickling down and you can get a good bow w/o spending too much these days...

...it's not like it was $79.95 @ Walmart...I am sure there is a $79.95 bow there...

OP
rumble phish

rumble phish

BAMF+
So I got my Sanlida Dragon X8 Compound bow in and set up. It states it'll go to a 31.5" draw length, but in reality it can be taken to 32.5"! I have it set at 32" right now and it's perfect. Draw weight is @ 70lbs, with 70-80% let-off. Complete set came with all the bells and whistles, which is good because I didn't want to get into buying a bunch of stuff for it. It came with:

• Soft case
  • Quiver
  • 12 carbon arrows w/field points
  • Illuminated 5-pin sight
  • Arrow rest
  • Trigger release
  • Bow lanyard
  • Stabilizer
I just have to get a decent target/arrow catcher. So far, I am very impressed with the quality of this bow. I'll post more pics when I take it out :up:

FYI, the whole package was $260 shipped to my door.

• WTF

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
The cheaper crossbows are a bitch to cock. If it doesn't have a method of cocking that doesn't involve sheer strength, I'd pass.
In the last few years I've lost the necessary strength to cock mine.

• Red

Hapo

Dog Boy
...careful you don't put your eye out with that thing...it looks like danger...

...the worst part of archery is looking for the fuking arrows...then finding them AFU...

...we all focus on the bow but it's really aboot the arrows...

Last edited:
Top Bottom