Looking at new water craft, hydro foil electric surfboard and I see this, Kawi 2019 SX standup jetski

Wow this thing is cheaper than the hydro foil electric surfboard I was looking at and I still have my 440 standup jetski that I had modified. The new one is a 4 stroke vers my 440 2 stroke. The weight difference with the new one is 525 lbs plus for the 2019 vers 242 lbs and HP is like 150hp vers 28hp

OP
OP
Cisco San Jose
Can you imagine you finally buy your dream house "on the lake" and that asshole is out there roaring to and fro.
I don't think it's as loud as my 440-2 stroke, yep that is what I was wondering to about being polite to the people that live on the lake.

OP
OP
Cisco San Jose
this is what I wanted but at $10-14K the jet ski looks like more fun.

BilletMan

Makes Chips and Rapid Conversaion
The SXR is fucking insanely powerful! It's crazy!

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike
Can you imagine you finally buy your dream house "on the lake" and that asshole is out there roaring to and fro.
they are called "lake lice"...haha
Designers have gone so far as to employ a water brake & a rudder of sorts, in most modern PWCs, so dipshits can turn or slow when in a panic.
I love the days when we would get to ride the jetski and some asshole would come flying up WFO & beach it because they were scared. Hanging off the platform like a fishing lure then knocking their face on the handlebar pad...hahaha

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I bet they just love those two on that lake...they would fit in here nicely...

Lake hooligans. I always sit on my motorcycle with modified exhaust at the dam and yell profanities at those scofflaws. No, I don't.

Stetson

BAMF
Maine has a ridiculous law that allows municipalities to decide whether or not "personal watercraft" are allowed on bodies of water in their towns. Most around me have banned them. I've never ridden one of any kind. :hissyfit:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...there are lots of good reasons for this...ask ZX11 Woman...

Stetson

BAMF
I can understand the peace and quiet factor, but it seems allowing municipalities the ability to ban a legally licensed vehicle could be problematic. Especially since now some of those little boats have the same style engines and propulsion systems are perfectly legal on those same bodies of water.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...it wasn't noise that put Sherry in hospital with smashed pelvis...it was asshole on out of control skidoo...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...it's not the toy so much as the wags they attract...kind of like kayaks...they get banned as well...

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
They are rude, period. That being said I love em. Ocean or lake they are a blast. Having owned a couple waterfront places I can understand the hate.

Maine has a ridiculous law that allows municipalities to decide whether or not "personal watercraft" are allowed on bodies of water in their towns. Most around me have banned them. I've never ridden one of any kind. :hissyfit:

Lake living would be nice if you had your own lake to yourself. You usually get crappy, nosey, authoritarian neighbors out of the deal though.

Terry_Schiavo

...it wasn't noise that put Sherry in hospital with smashed pelvis...it was asshole on out of control skidoo...
a couple friends of mine had similar incidents. Whiskey throttle & bottle in both cases.

Yeah, they don't run into other boats on their own. (guns don't kill people, people kill people)

That's not why they get banned though. They get banned because they are a lot of fun and fast, authoritarians hate that shit. Same as quads, dirtbikes, sportbikes.

Terry_Schiavo

Yeah, they don't run into other boats on their own. (guns don't kill people, people kill people)That's not why they get banned though. They get banned because they are a lot of fun and fast, authoritarians hate that shit. Same as quads, dirtbikes, sportbikes.
Im positive NJ requires a "boat" license endorsement to operate any watercraft. FL just requires a safety course if youre under 21.

Top Bottom