Lookin,, fer a,,,,, dishwasher

Austin_F

BAMF+
Oh I dont know, a professional series washer might be overkill for a house.

You said 8th one down, right?

IMG_20191128_104902.jpg

OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
Da purple one,,, :frEEk:

is 8th,,,,,,,,,,, on my screen... :razz:

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Ive had an Asko for like 10 years.. quiet as fuck and great cleaning power :up:

Austin_F

BAMF+
if you research washers like i did, the only time you see someone mention bosch is when it's the washer they are replacing. They don't get a second one.

i dont personally have anything against them but if most reviewers wont get another, then i wont get one at all.

Stetson

BAMF
We've had the same Bosch for 12 years, never a problem. No electric heating element in it, so basically everything is "dishwasher safe." 99% of the time, we run it on the "eco" cycle, which only takes 33 minutes. +1 on the red light thing, only way you can tell it's running. I didn't even want a dishwasher when we got it, but I have admitted that I've come around in my way of thinking. Got Bosch washer and dryer at the same time, no issues with those, either.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
I had a Boosh, for 20 years, when it took a shit I was going to replace it with another Boosh, but was advised against it because of changes made to the newer units and the difficulty getting parts.
Replaced it with frigid air. Works good.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I wash all my dishes clean using just water, no soap.
Then I put them in my dishwasher (and I add dishwasher soap of course) and set it to the "light wash" setting + steam.
Anyone else do this or instead, think it's a waste of time?

Then I put them in my dishwasher (and I add dishwasher soap of course) and set it to the "light wash" setting + steam.
I scrub every plate I use with a nylon brush and a bit of dish soap and water until it looks perfect. Then I throw it on the pile of crusty shit my daughters leave in the sink with nary a thought of cleaning anything.
Loading and operating the dishwasher is the wife's department. I can install and repair dishwashers, but I make a point of not knowing how to operate one. Ever.

Austin_F

BAMF+
modern dishwashers use very little water. Rinsing them first negates the water savings. If you are going to rinse them first, just leave the dishwasher out of the equation and wash by hand.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Bosch is the only way to go. Cant even tell its running except for the little red led that points straight down to the floor and glows slightly. Almost completely silent.
Ditto with our Bosch. I can't tell you the number of times I've opened it and realized it was in cycle. Super quiet, disposal in the drain (I put all kinds of dishes with chunks and shit on them in there) and been dead reliable for 5 years so far.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Get the cheapest one. Who gives a fuk about noise, are you listening to opera in the kitchen?
The expensive professional ones still leave spoogey water in the upturned bottoms of cups and glasses.

Website
www.bikeland.org
Get the cheapest one. Who gives a fuk about noise, are you listening to opera in the kitchen?
The expensive professional ones still leave spoogey water in the upturned bottoms of cups and glasses.

I care about quiet. I like to sit in my kitchen and enjoy a conversation or two. Our GE was so loud you could hear it in the master bedroom.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
You're probably one of those guys who want to be home when the furnace explodes...
:lol::idea::lol:

Stetson

BAMF
That way if it fails and fills your floors with water you won't know about it for potentially hours.

I don't run my dishwasher unless I'm home.
I thought I'd be helpful one night at the fire department, after I ate lunch in the break room. I filled the little receptacle up with the regular Dawn liquid dish soap that was next to the sink, and started the cycle. I didn't know any better. Never had one before. There were suds everywhere, all over the floor, as high as the counter..... It was like an Abbot & Costello movie. I probably set police/fire department relations back years.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Bosch.....there is no substitute.

(two going on 15 years old....replaced the soap dispenser door on one of them. Found it online and got it 2 day priority mail)

One going on 4 years old....perfect.

Vegas12

BAMF+
I have a Whirlpool, rated #1, made in the USA, :fu: your German made dishwashers. :razz:

WTF did Robert Bosch do to you??

Cannot possibly be as bad as what a KTM handlebar did to Mr. Lucky.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
I don't trust ANY appliances... or people for that matter. Chance favors the prepared.
This^

Just because I buy name brand, well known appliances , doesn't mean I trust them.

I had to break my wife of the habit of starting the clothes dryer and leaving to go to town...or starting the dishwasher 5 minutes before she goes to bed. I've seen too much bad stuff happen to homeowners in the last 50 years.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
Little things can fuck you.

I was walking through the kitchen a year ago, and saw a puddle of water running out from under/behind the fridge.

The water supply hose was leaking from a hole on the seam, about a foot from the valve on the back of the fridge. I had to go out in the garage and return with a pair of needle nosed vise grips to clamp off between the leak and the hole in the floor where it disappeared.

I was mad at first, until I realized the hose was probably 20 years old. I spent the rest of the afternoon under the house replacing the supply hose. $5 kit from the hardware store, and some minor aggravation saved the new floor in the kitchen.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Little things can fuck you. I was walking through the kitchen a year ago, and saw a puddle of water running out from under/behind the fridge.
The water feeds to ice makers/water dispensers and toilet tanks are my arch nemesis. I had a leak with a refrigerator line in my shop once... no big deal as it was the ground floor and it was basically concrete, but it gave me reason to pause. I had one incident with a toilet tank that was a bit odd. It was a Kohler unit and the fill tube had a rubber grommet in the hole at the bottom where the feed attached. There was a plastic washer on the inside and the outside that was tightened with plastic nuts to smash the grommet enough to be water tight. Well, for whatever reason (cheap plastic), the washer on the inside of the tank dry/wet rotted and allowed the grommet to uncompress just enough to allow a drip. It was in the guest bathroom (rarely used) so it went a few days before my wife said something. When I built the house, I sealed the bottom of the kick trim to the tile with silicon. Water will basically fill the bathroom and spill out at the lowest point (which is the entry threshold) into the hall which is travertine. So if it leaks, it won't flow under the trim, under the plates, into the bedrooms/closets/whatever on the other side of the wall.

Small efforts can pay off.

Austin_F

BAMF+
When I bought this house i put in new toilet parts including wax rings. None of the shutoffs would shut off, too old and crusty. I also had to replace all the sink fixtures which didn't even HAVE shutoffs, just copper tubing all the way from the main shutoff to the sink. So stupid.

So everything now has 1/4 turn ball valves. My brothers thought i was wasting money but ive never had good luck with the screw/plunger type valves after they've been on a few years.

Hell I get nervous turning off the main, it's original too. I don't have the tool to turn the water off at the sidewalk. I should get one.

Top Bottom