LoJack is out, what's in ??

Vegas12

BAMF+
Last truck I bought, I dealt with the owner of the dealership and he gave me the plan price without going through my brother in law....

Get into the finance office and I need to finance the vehicle for a minute to get all the rebates....obviously I knew what the OTD price should of been.

Axe what the extra $600 was.....oh, that's the loCrack.

Told him to take it off.....

Can't, it's already installed...

Uninstall it....

Got up to leave and the tool finally says OK and rewrites the contract.

Anyway, I can only speak for Ford....but whatever comes from the factory knows where that truck is at all times. Not like GM's onstar, more like a nanny. I even got an alert before my trip that the alarm went off and I sold the truck a month prior.

I don't want ANY of that locator shit; someone takes my vehicle, I don't want it back.....thinking those days are over.

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
I had LoJack on my Shelby. First battery died in 8 months, second one in 6 months. They replaced the first one for free, wanted $160 to replace the second one. I told em no thanks.

LE05BUSA

GFY
I had LoJack on my Shelby. First battery died in 8 months, second one in 6 months. They replaced the first one for free, wanted $160 to replace the second one. I told em no thanks.
The self powered units are what basically put them out of business. The cause was the bean counters and brainless executives that bought Chinese batteries to save ~$1/unit, rather than the Japanese Panasonic Li-ion batteries that all the testing was conducted with pre-production.

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
The rest of these dummies take their cars to other locations....sometimes miles from their garage.

I agree the cars shouldn't leave the garage....They're just inviting theft.
I try not to drive to places where I have to worry about someone fucking with my car/bike.
I don't live in California, so it's not that hard.

LE05BUSA

GFY
I guess Lokack is phasing out. What's a good gps tracking device for my car? What are the cool kids using?
LoJack was always a radio-based tracking system, 100% passive and dormant until activated by police. GPS has issues, such as it is line-of-sight only. If you have a vehicle with Sirius/XM, you'll notice that it doesn't work in parking structures, under freeway overpasses, or often even in residential garages. RF transmission will penetrate wood/concrete/steel/etc. (within reason), and I personally tested units on recovered stolen vehicles that were 20 years old.

OP
ysr_racer

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
I personally tested units on recovered stolen vehicles that were 20 years old.
Were they still working after 20 years?

The biggest thing I'm seeing now is gps trackers that plug into a port (my Chevelle gots no ports) or stuff that needs to be charged every two weeks.

I need a gps tracking device with a decent battery life.

LE05BUSA

GFY
Were they still working after 20 years?

The biggest thing I'm seeing now is gps trackers that plug into a port (my Chevelle gots no ports) or stuff that needs to be charged every two weeks.

I need a gps tracking device with a decent battery life.
Yes, they were working. It's how the vehicles were recovered, most within 30 min.

I have onstar in my corvette with AirTag as backup, on star is ez to defeat so air tag is my backup plus I have air tag on all my vehicles

ZRX61

BAMF
Just use The Club on yer steering wheel.
I came up with a better method:
The (automatic) shifter is held on the shaft by two small screws. I removed the screws so I can lift the shifter off the shaft. I simply take the plunger from the top of the shaft with me when I park somewhere & put the shifter back on. . You might get in the car & get it started, but you ain't going anywhere

20220114_110901.jpg

20220114_110908.jpg

20220114_110915.jpg

20220114_110901.jpg

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
The self powered units are what basically put them out of business. The cause was the bean counters and brainless executives that bought Chinese batteries to save ~$1/unit, rather than the Japanese Panasonic Li-ion batteries that all the testing was conducted with pre-production.
That figures!
I also had the early warning system option that would send a signal to a key fob if the car was moved or a door opened. This had to be active all the time, so there was battery drain that it would not have without the early warning option. Battery life with the option was supposed to be one year, but didn't make it that long.

ZRX61

BAMF
LoJack was always a radio-based tracking system, 100% passive and dormant until activated by police. GPS has issues, such as it is line-of-sight only. If you have a vehicle with Sirius/XM, you'll notice that it doesn't work in parking structures, under freeway overpasses, or often even in residential garages. RF transmission will penetrate wood/concrete/steel/etc. (within reason), and I personally tested units on recovered stolen vehicles that were 20 years old.
Sirius stops working at most of the large intersections here in town while waiting at a red light. Yesterday the FM radio was only getting the regular intermittent buzz from radar sweeps as I was running errands around town.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
If you got nice shit. You can leave your shit in the garage. Just make sure the registration is a different location then where your garage is..

Thieves don't need for you to come to them.. they will come to you I don't care what area you live it can be robbed.

Fire theft full replacement value on anything you own is the only way to go

OP
ysr_racer

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
I ordered this one

Trak-4 12v GPS Tracker with Wiring Harness for Tracking Equipment, Vehicles, and Assets

Top Bottom