Locker/LS in the front diff on ice/snow?

rumble phish

BAMF+
I assume many here have experience with driving in the snow/ice/wet/mud. I'm consider options for the front diff of the Mony Pit. I'm thinking an E-locker would be ideal, but they're expensive. Maybe a "lunchbox" locker? Or maybe another TruTrac like what is in the rear diff?

Who here has done a LS rear and a locker front?

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Had an ARB air locker in two of my Tahoes... it worked but if I did it over electric locker all the way. I'll be doing a front E lock on the Jeep come spring. The limited slip out back is ok for now. Eventually it will get the same as the front or an entire currie rear replacment.

The electric locker in my V works damn well.

OP
rumble phish

rumble phish

BAMF+
Had an ARB air locker in two of my Tahoes... it worked but if I did it over electric locker all the way. I'll be doing a front E lock on the Jeep come spring. The limited slip out back is ok for now. Eventually it will get the same as the front or an entire currie rear replacment.

The electric locker in my V works damn well.

I'm thinking the same thing. Probably gonna put an Eaton E-locker in the front of the Mony Pit this spring as well. TruTrac in the rear to keep it streetable but capable off road, and an E-locker that I can keep off in 4wd hi situations where steering would be needed, and turn on in 4wd low situations when I need the extra pull.

I think an automatic locker would make steering a bitch in 4 hi.

Top Bottom