Live Daytona feed , Bikeweek 2021

tinhead

Has never named a pet
The cadre of clown bikes across from us loaded up and left. The crew next door to them with the spyder like thing already moved their shit into the empty spots.

DIS has been promoting the 200 pretty heavily, the show out front attracts a good number of bandanaheads, wonder if any will show up at the race?

tinhead

Has never named a pet
I remember back in the '90s, there was no Bruce Rossmeyer destination at that exit. Just a couple cheap hotel/motels and a Waffle House (and maybe a McDonalds by '94 or '95)....great place to stay for a few days. Roll out in the morning, pull in the Waffle House to fuel up for the day, then head out.

In the '80s and early '90s, I would stay at the Bulow KOA (now Bulow RV Resort), but by the mid '90s it was overrun by bandanaheads who never left the campgrounds. It was so huge, they had their own restaurant and niteclub, with sand drags at the back of the property that went until way after midnite...couldn't get much sleep there.

That's when a cheap motel a long way from town started looking pretty good.
Camping behind the White Eagle was an experience. :eyepopping1a:

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Not unless there's a Harley of some sort racing...

Did you get to sit on a PanAmerican yet?
In the late '90s when I started coming down, I did the parade and spectated from Harley Heaven near the chicane. Seems the crew will fill any available space that has beer and food.

The flat track promoters go after the bandanaheads hard.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
I don't have a bunch of interest in big tall 'adventure' bikes. It mystifies me that people buy Versys-es and skip over the Ninja650.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Picked up the indian t shirt at their shop on Beach. Finishing up a bit south at Stavros on Beach at Orange. Best salad at bike week!

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
I don't have a bunch of interest in big tall 'adventure' bikes. It mystifies me that people buy Versys-es and skip over the Ninja650.
It shouldn't, the Versys is more "versatile" 😀, better suspension, more fuel capacity, comfortable seating position, ready for factory luggage, or get the LT like mine and get the bags and hand guards already on it. Neither are power houses, but are still a lot of fun to ride. 👍

Top Bottom