lets talk wheelies

I enjoy doing them but a lot of the times I get real nervous and think a cop will catch me and then I will be all done. My friend however does them forever. standing on pegs, sitting on gas tank it makes no difference to him

Sir Loin

BAMF
I enjoy my 1ft high by 200ft long 2nd gear power "crap wheelies".

I am experimenting with the third gear ones over the tops of hills :o

OP
i have the 2004 r1 and came close to getting the gxr 1000 but am a yamaha man. I too enjoy the 2 foot power wheelies and experimenting with the 3rd gear wheelies also

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
Bunch of hooligans, they should take your bikes and licence away.
All you do is give bikers a "bad name" :roll: :dwn:

Fourth gear wheelies is where it's at. 8) :up:
Can you say 150mph on one wheels? :P

TexasGeek

BAM
2nd gear balanced, anywhere from 80-95mph as long as the road allows (including corners) is my personal preference.

Cheers,
Geek

Sir Loin

BAMF
Qwik Gixxer said:
Sir Loin. At about a hundred in third that bike will roll gently up to the balance point and you can ride em for days!
Oh yes sir........the first time she lifted in third at full throttle was magical.
The rush of testosterone nearly resulted in the spontaneous rupture of "mein hodensack". :)

MadMax

Owns Texas, has California in escrow
TexasGeek said:
2nd gear balanced, anywhere from 80-95mph as long as the road allows (including corners) is my personal preference.

Cheers,
Geek

who taught you how to do that?

mileageking

BAMF+
speedtrap1 is a buddy of mine . Hes one fast motherfucker stays right in my mirrors on his new R1 until out in the open that is but he catches right up again at the turns......it does bother me knowing he probably could pass me in the turns we ride with a bunch of slow fucks mostly stunters all good buddies but slow as shit. Our pace is about 3 times what theirs is.

Up here they fucking crucify us for wheelies so I just dont do em unless they are the unavoidable ones like over rises at 120+ on the throttle comes up goes down. Little stuff.

Few years ago on the blandit I was doing standup wheelie in line at bike week foot slipped almost lost it and would have sent one 1200 tumbling into back turned bandana heads idling up ahead. Scared the living shit out of me...I just dont do em anymore unless they are unavoidable. Do a wheelie go to jail :roll:

Busamouse

BAMF+
Wheelies are fuckin cool when exiting a 2 nd gear left hander and holdin it on the gas just long enough to set it down to barely make the next corner.
Also I find it amusing to be runnin down the highway at 75ish and liftin it up for the kids in the cars. :up:
BUT!!!!! If all you do is wheelies and shit and dont rail the corners because you just wanna wheelie you are a fuckin squid.
I hate fuckin squids....they cause trouble for me.
I got enough work keepin my ass outa trouble runnin hot laps around the 3 surrounding counties let alone explaining to the fuckin slimy PIGS I aint the one bangin standups thru the town square.
Fuck all the squids.That aint ridin.

Busamouse

BAMF+
I love showin the little bastards the shit.
Ill drop back a ways and go screamin past.
Some of em go bullshit in the backseat. :lol: :up:

Sir Loin

BAMF
I hoisted a beautiful minger past some kids at a lemonade stand last year.
I stopped back and the little grunts treated me to free drinks and cookies. :up:
I explained to their mom that I took every precaution not to jeopardize their safety. :roll:
Mom looked at me and said: "Don't worry, I thought it was pretty exciting too" 8).
Damn.. I could have had cookies, lemonade and mommy too..

RZ350

BAMF+
Just roll the throttle on gently in 5th, when the boost gauge sweeps past 8 PSI, hang on, instant wheelies at 150 MPH!! :lol:

MadMax

Lota Fun R said:
MadMax said:
TexasGeek said:

Cheers,
Geek

Hopefully not you. :lol: :fu: :lol:

actually, i did.

i let him learn on my busa back in dallas.

now he wheelies in all 49 contiguous states. (if he makes it to alaska)

i created a monster.

:o Just watching the news and reading this thread and on comes a news story about some guy pulling a wheelie during a parade and crashing, landing on two eleven year old kids, yellow gsxr,i think they said Connecticut?

TexasGeek

BAM
MadMax said:
TexasGeek said:
You did Hoser! :)

I in fact learned to do stand ups on WheeLee's old R1 and Busa.

How's cali treating you?

Not sure if the GSXR1000 is going to make it to Alaska but its wheelied in 41 other states. I picked up an 04 R1 and the Gixxer's been relegated to track duty.

cheers,
Edward

TexasGeek

BAM
I like somethings about it.. don't like some others...

Main bitches about it:

1) too damn hot. Not only the underseat exhaust but its a hot running engine period. Anything below 100mph and the frame will burn you. Not going to be Texas friendly in summer.

2) a bitch to work on compared to a Suzuki. I guess I got spoiled with the Suzuki's QB Carbon (I can take the entire nose off the bike in about 10 seconds) :)

3) Fuel injection not as smooth as my 01 GSXR with 02 fuel bodies. But that's made up for by the excess power :)

4) The seat is shaped so its like you have a 2x4 wedged up your arse.

...all bitching aside; I love the bike :)

Those are all the "live with" bitches.

In the twisties? The thing is a corner carving tool. I've been up to Northern Arkansas twice on it and have shredded some H2's on it. In that mode.. the rest is forgotten and forgiven :)

Haven't had any time for wheelie pics yet:

Ride home from dealer:

Weekened in Arkansas

MadMax

TexasGeek said:
MadMax said:
TexasGeek said:
You did Hoser! :)

I in fact learned to do stand ups on WheeLee's old R1 and Busa.

How's cali treating you?

Not sure if the GSXR1000 is going to make it to Alaska but its wheelied in 41 other states. I picked up an 04 R1 and the Gixxer's been relegated to track duty.

cheers,
Edward

sounds like you are doing well now $$$-wise.

cali sucks....the weather is too perfect and the chicks are outstanding.

don't bother visiting.

TexasGeek

BAM
Finally got a work visa almost exactly 10 years after moving here. Life's lookin' up :)

How hot does it get there compared to here? We had a long running spring but the 90's are finally here and that R1 SUCKS in the heat. In a couple of weeks when we hit 100+.. Meow! :(

Lee Nolen and I talked about you at the Goose last night. Good turnout - probably 200 bikes there. DFW TSBA chapter is up over 100 paid members - probably 40 of which were at the Goose. the club is going strong.

Even "Who the Hell is Cody McDaniel" showed up last night sporting a new 250 two-stroke 'Priller.

cheers,
Edward

TexasGeek

BAM
I did a bunch of 'em on the GSXR as you know Tony... but unless it were colder than 80 degrees out side (or it was all going to be high speed) I'll have to think about it before I try any on this ass-cooker.

I was talking to an MV Agusta guy last night about wrapping the pipes etc... time for me to stop whining and do something to make it better. :)

You ever headed Texas' way again?

MadMax

TexasGeek said:
Finally got a work visa almost exactly 10 years after moving here. Life's lookin' up :)

How hot does it get there compared to here? We had a long running spring but the 90's are finally here and that R1 SUCKS in the heat. In a couple of weeks when we hit 100+.. Meow! :(

Lee Nolen and I talked about you at the Goose last night. Good turnout - probably 200 bikes there. DFW TSBA chapter is up over 100 paid members - probably 40 of which were at the Goose. the club is going strong.

Even "Who the Hell is Cody McDaniel" showed up last night sporting a new 250 two-stroke 'Priller.

cheers,
Edward
it gets to about 80 here. like i said, it sucks....i hate everything about it... *tongue firmly planted in cheek*

i miss the ol' tsba and lee nolen and albie and factory, et al. you, me, albie and factory rode more than the whole tsba put together. say hello to everyone for me....except cody. hehe good times back then.

good going on the work visa...and not being deported beforehand.

Top Bottom