Lectric weed whacker ?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I need one of these to go around the pond and the fucking mess I allowed to grow on the fence line to piss of the neighbor.
Wheeled DR Trimmer.
DR Trimmer/Mower

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike
Three or four years from now when your batteries are all shot, all I'll have to do is pour gas in my whacker and go for it.
The genius I "work" for bought a four cycle weed whacker, what a complete pile of shit!
my buddy has a snap on 1/2" cordless gun. Paid a bunch for it years ago... well guess what happened? Crap On updated the tool and sure they could get you an old style battery for Tiffany prices and 2 months lead.
He bought an ebay replacement for $35 from the Chinks. Bought a couple more just for giggles. The Crap On guy wasnt too amused to see the tool working with unofficial batteries and Im sure he would have been even less enthused about the $100 cost...lol

Terry_Schiavo

I need one of these to go around the pond and the fucking mess I allowed to grow on the fence line to piss of the neighbor.
Wheeled DR Trimmer.
DR Trimmer/Mower

holy crap...
-Accepts 175 mil cord
-DR OHV engine with 7.0 ft-lbs gross torque
-Accepts optional Beaver Blade

torks out the wazoooo and Beaver bladezzz

didnt someone on here eons ago post about cracking open some of the battery housings on his tools and replacing the individual cells inside with better replacement ones? only took a bit of soldering!

OP
OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
You do know,,,, bout da lawsuits,,,, :Buelldozer:

gainst,,, round up,,, fer cancer deaths,,,,,,,,,, Right ? :ducmanic:

gallon of white vinegar and a cup of salt will destroy any yard plant its sprayed on within 24 hours...shit will look like you lit it on fire it browns so quickly.

fraction of the cost of roundup too.

Terry_Schiavo

gallon of white vinegar and a cup of salt will destroy any yard plant its sprayed on within 24 hours...shit will look like you lit it on fire it browns so quickly.
Im a fan of torching shit... with my propane powered flame thrower!! Works great on rock beds! :D

OP
OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
Ya but dat ain't near da fun,,, :smashtard:

of choppin em down,,

wit a weed whacker...:2guns:

BilletMan

BAMF+
Thanks YCIS....I'm on it! I saw online that you also add a tablespoon of dish soap as a surfactant, help really wet the leaves....

20190623_065007.jpg

OP
OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
:wink2: Walmart,,,,,,,,,,, shopper... :lol:

Befo,,,,, n' afta,,,,, pics ??? :ducmanic:

Master-Cylinder

Just saw an add for Makita battery powered trimmers and blowers. Are you cheap jew bastards to stingy to purchase name brand like Makit

Terry_Schiavo

BilletMan

BAMF+
The guy that bought my last house in the hill country bought goats for weed control. At the time I thought, "smart idea".....those goats ate all of the landscaping and shit all over the pool decks and decks around the house....those goats trashed the place!
I might just get a couple goats.

Thanks YCIS....I'm on it! I saw online that you also add a tablespoon of dish soap as a surfactant, help really wet the leaves....

View attachment 20311
yep, although i just squirt some in the container without really caring when i make this stuff...not like too much soap is going to hurt anything given what you are spraying in the first place!

I also dont really measure the salt either lol...another one of those things where "too much" is only going to make things work better!

Last edited:

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I bought the Ryobi 40V brushless combo last year to replace a Ryobi 40v weedwhacker that had a dead switch in it.
I already had the 40V battery setup, so it made sense.

So far, it's been my favorite setup out of all the various various weed whackers and edgers I've used over the years. Electric & gas.

Nearly 5 stars for reviews.
RYOBI Expand-It 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless String Trimmer Combo Kit with Edger Attachment 3.0 Ah Battery, Charger Included-RY40230-EDG - The Home Depot

I now have two 40V 5AH batteries and one 3AH. Along with three 40V chargers. My cousin gave me her 40v Ryobi mower and I like it well enough that even though I'm going to sell it because I don't like it THAT much, I do have confidence that I'll probably go electric mower whenever my gas one dies. My gas one is a PITA to start but I love it otherwise.

1561312604847.png

OP
OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
Before he gets ass raped and robbed in the parking lot, and after shot from the hospital?

Actually,,, I'd rather NOT,,,,,,,,, :mad2: see,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dem pics :moon:

Howz bout,, :up: da ones of da weeds,,,,,,,,,,, :ducmanic: 24 hours apart ? :smashtard:

BilletMan

BAMF+
Damn, you must live in a bad area....the Walmart where I went is in a highly affluent area, nearby. Nah, I'm aware of my surroundings and can out-run thug motherfuckers...but I'm glad you're concerned for me....
Before he gets ass raped and robbed in the parking lot, and after shot from the hospital?

BilletMan

BAMF+
It takes a few days, but my rogue weeds/trees are fixing to have a bad day/week/year.....this shit is outta control over here! :2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns:
Actually,,, I'd rather NOT,,,,,,,,, :mad2: see,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dem pics :moon:

Howz bout,, :up: da ones of da weeds,,,,,,,,,,, :ducmanic: 24 hours apart ? :smashtard:

Master-Cylinder

No such thing as a good Walmart, they are scum magnets.

I just got an email from Makita, order today and get two free batteries! A $219.00 value. It would take at least 219 weeks for me to use $219.00 worth of gas in my weed whacker.

BilletMan

BAMF+
I'm drilling 1/2" holes diagonally down into the "trunks" of the larger weeds/trees with my new Ryobi battery-powered drill.....then I'll fill the hole with this vile mixture....this shit is fucking gonna be GONE! I'm tired of this shit taking over! Way too big for string trimmer. Even the three metal blades on a weedeater head can't touch it. I also have carbide tipped circular-saw-looking blades....those are effective, but go to shit when they find rocks.......fuck that, I'm drilling 1/2" holes downward and poisoning this crap....argh!! :2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns:
I should try the shit on my Pepper Trees. They can survive a direct atom bomb blast!

BilletMan

BAMF+
I'll let you know the results.....so far, I'm $9 deep in materials to make over 3 gallons....

theres bound to be some plant that would survive the vinegar/salt/soap combo...but it doesnt exist in my yard thankfully!

it certainly doesnt get any cheaper a solution, and far safer for pets/kids than roundup!

Zippy

pinhead
Earth or possibly another planet, also Dingburg
I bought the Ryobi 40V brushless combo last year to replace a Ryobi 40v weedwhacker that had a dead switch in it.
I already had the 40V battery setup, so it made sense.

So far, it's been my favorite setup out of all the various various weed whackers and edgers I've used over the years. Electric & gas.

Nearly 5 stars for reviews.
RYOBI Expand-It 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless String Trimmer Combo Kit with Edger Attachment 3.0 Ah Battery, Charger Included-RY40230-EDG - The Home Depot

I now have two 40V 5AH batteries and one 3AH. Along with three 40V chargers. My cousin gave me her 40v Ryobi mower and I like it well enough that even though I'm going to sell it because I don't like it THAT much, I do have confidence that I'll probably go electric mower whenever my gas one dies. My gas one is a PITA to start but I love it otherwise.

View attachment 20315
...methinks we are buying this...don't need a stupid blower but an edger that works would be great...how long does it run on a charge...???...

RobBase

BAMF
The guy that bought my last house in the hill country bought goats for weed control. At the time I thought, "smart idea".....those goats ate all of the landscaping and shit all over the pool decks and decks around the house....those goats trashed the place!
Goats work fine in some places. If I could teach them to remove spark plugs in a 5.4 Triton, I'd be all set.

IMG_20180324_150832033_HDR.jpg

CZLoco

...methinks we are buying this...don't need a stupid blower but an edger that works would be great...how long does it run on a charge...???...
Mann, I don't know. I have three batteries and try not to use any of them till they die. I use them quite a bit. Then move to another before the first dies.

I'll use one. Then use another one while the first cools off in my house.
I've learned to never put a hot battery on the charger. Let it cool off a couple hours before re-charging.
But one battery will do an entire front yard of edging and weedwhacking & blowing.
I use the edger for my sidewalk/driveway trimming. I like it better than a weed whacker.
Then I use the weedwacker attachment for cutting grass around trees and the base of my house and fence.

OP
OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
:up: My purchase,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, arrives,,, taday........ :yahoo:

OP
OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
Jus,,, tried out,,,, :eek: da leaf blower.. :up::up::up:

Weed whacker time,,, :yahoo: in da A M...

CZLoco

Hey Mr. @Z... if my house is missing a couple/few ceilings here and there... would that be a reason for the outdoor ac drain tube to be leaking like a mofo?

Master-Cylinder

the ac drain tube should leak like a mofo when the ac is running for any significant length of time...tis the entire point of the drain tube.
Unless you live where there is almost no humidity. Pronanly hot and dry enough there for it to evaporate in the catch pan and drain tubing.

Terry_Schiavo

Hey Mr. @Z... if my house is missing a couple/few ceilings here and there... would that be a reason for the outdoor ac drain tube to be leaking like a mofo?
Id be more concerned that your "interior envelope" is getting more unconditioned air being pulled in than recirculated. Didnt you have a dirty AC thread not too long ago?? How do you think that happens?

CZLoco

Yeauh, it was dirty AF.
I am trying to trap my roomie into cleaning it as one of his chores

OP
OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
Jus look up,, thru da holes,, wit a flashlite. :ducmanic:

Is,,,,,,,,, da drain line,,,, rite dere? :confused2:

Is it leakin,,,, errrr only,,,, sweatin? :neutral:

If it's leakin,, fix,, errr replace it. :smashtard:

If it's sweatin,, reinsulate it. :up:

OP
OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
Whacker works,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, great :up:

I'd post a video,,, of me,,,,, :D whackin :red:

But I prefer,, not,,,, :Buelldozer: ta be propositioned,,, by alla you homos,... :yahoo:

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
My Dad bought a Echo two stroke commercial jobbie in 1985. Heavy bastard. Required one of those shoulder harnesses with the clip on the hip pad. I was 15. The harness didn't fit for shit and I had to mow our whole "lawn" with it. I hated that job.

He still has that damn thing and it still runs better than most of the newer ones I've bought over the years.

Top Bottom