Latigo Canyon Road

Vandal

BAMF
Does anyone here intentionally ride Latigo Canyon Road into Malibu? That road is dumb.

Bandit Man

BAMF
It's bumpy and if you run off you'll never be heard from again.
Sounds like most of the canyon roads. Decker Canyon, Encinal Canyon, Stunt Rd, Coral Canyon to name a few are more of the same, you just have to understand they have all been burned in the past couple years so they have degraded faster than usual. As far as I know Mulholland from the Rock Store to the overlook is still closed.

BigGar

high on placebo
Sounds like most of the canyon roads. Decker Canyon, Encinal Canyon, Stunt Rd, Coral Canyon to name a few are more of the same, you just have to understand they have all been burned in the past couple years so they have degraded faster than usual. As far as I know Mulholland from the Rock Store to the overlook is still closed.
I think it's Tuna Canyon that's a favorite of mine as it's one way. I would like to ride it up the hill just once though. Epic gravity downhill though!

Bandit Man

BAMF
I think it's Tuna Canyon that's a favorite of mine as it's one way. I would like to ride it up the hill just once though. Epic gravity downhill though!
It's a fun one going up. Night is better since you can see headlights coming towards you. Since it's so narrow it's tough to find a place to duck in.

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick
I live on that route. Weekday evenings are always interesting for sure.
The Palmdale 500 (5:00), yes. I've seen early Ford Rangers and 90's Civics defy the laws of physics trying to stay ahead of me. Good times

OP

Vandal

BAMF
Im in Sunland right at the start of the AFH. I hear everyone ripping up the hill all weekend, I also see the Life Flight when it passes over the house.
You probably saw the one recently that I had to help with.

GSXRN99

CAPSLOCK
All the roads in the Alps have gone to shit over the years. They all need to be resurfaced. I had 30 years of fun up there though. If you want a good all around high speed and technical road try the 33 to Lockwood valley to frasier park and pine valley back down to the 166 and back on 33 circle. It has kept me here in Ojai going on 30 years and Ventura county keeps the road up to date.OK there are a few sections gone to shit but Damn it. now I got to go up there.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
Having ridden the old spiral highway I can attest to the fact that these guys just have no clue. That is a fun tight twisty mofo, perfect for a supermoto

At less than 10 miles long, the road makes for a great Sunday drive. It's short, curvy, and smooth riding. However, it's best attempted by those who don't get dizzy very easily. The road boasts an impressive 64 curves while traversing 2,000 feet in elevation.

• Red
Reactions: Red

Bandit Man

BAMF
All the roads in the Alps have gone to shit over the years. They all need to be resurfaced. I had 30 years of fun up there though. If you want a good all around high speed and technical road try the 33 to Lockwood valley to frasier park and pine valley back down to the 166 and back on 33 circle. It has kept me here in Ojai going on 30 years and Ventura county keeps the road up to date.OK there are a few sections gone to shit but Damn it. now I got to go up there.
I like the big dips on Lockwood by the ranch I used to work at. So many people get caught out because at speed you cant see them until you are about to plunge down into a small stream with slick pavement if the water has been running a while.

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick
I like the big dips on Lockwood by the ranch I used to work at. So many people get caught out because at speed you cant see them until you are about to plunge down into a small stream with slick pavement if the water has been running a while.
There's a (new?) sherrif's substation right there at the dips. It's back a ways from the road, so you won't see it. I remember my first time down that road heading East at about 110 (Kph, of course!). I hit that first dip and was probably 6" above the ground until near the bottom. A few Kph faster and I'd have cleared the whole thing to the bottom. I'd guess that's about a 10' to 12' vertical drop. Closest I've come to crapping my pants.

CFEFE1AA-24C7-4727-8905-DD054084474F.jpeg

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
A couple months ago, I rode Latigo for the first time in 15 years.

The road surface has never been good on Latigo, but that's just part of the challenge.
It's a long enough road that you're worn out by the time you get to PCH/Malibu.
And it's got a little bit of everything for everyone. From super tight off camber to late apex to multiple apex to wtf.

And the road surface is worse now than it was 15 years ago. Huge divots in the middle of the road.
I didn't like those at all, but they wouldn't prevent me from riding at my pace if I wanted to.

I video'd my entire afternoon of riding that day. But I skipped ahead to Latigo for you guys.
Didn't take any sighting lap. And wasn't hauling ass.
Was happy to still remember almost every corner. :up:

Last edited:

bombaybusa

President, Club Pra
Website
bombaymotorsports.business.site
you guys are all spoilt....
Roads are perfect

Top Bottom