LABusas party June 11 - 13

Jeff1216

BAMF
I am at the hotel. Checked out the local watering hole last night.

Apparently this weekend is frontier days and the town is supposed to be mobbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Red
Reactions: Red

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Wicked Speed broke down in ABQ. Dam and Cliff are on the way with a trailer, to pick up Wicked and his van.

I'm holding down the fort. Jeff is back at the hotel.

S.C.

• WTF

Hapo

Dog Boy
...how could you have a party w/o fire...???...it's not much of a party if their isn't fire involved...

...might as well not have beer...

Last edited:

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Looks like you guys are having a hell of a good time:up:
It was wonderful. I took my time getting out there. Rode from Phoenix to Alpine, Az. on day one, taking the long, scenic way. I wanted to run up 191 into Alpine, but the fire burning down south prevented that. So, I meandered up 87 to 260 to 60, down 191.

Oddly enough, I wasn't five minutes into the ride Thursday morning, and a car honks at me. I look over, and it's the guy I bought my Gen2 from. I wave and continue on my way. I hit 87 north and I'm running up the hill. He is still with me. WTF? So I pull over and signal him to do the same. Turns out, he's also going to New Mexico for the weekend. So we blasted up 87 together, hauling ass. I started the morning with a full tank, and when I was about ten miles short of Payson, my low fuel light came on. I rolled into the first gas station outside Payson on fumes. I wasn't getting my normal 40 MPG hauling ass up the hill with my friend. He was driving some tricked out VW.

A couple of pics.

This one is always good for a laugh.

Up in the high country, finally.

I get to Alpine and my room isn't ready, so I hit the local diner.

Nice view from the porch.

Across the street, and just up a 1/4 mile was Ye Olde Tavern. Nice place.

Friday, and it's into New Mexico.

Some nice views.

60 miles away from Dano now, in Quemado.

20 miles to Dano. VLA. I tried to make contact with Jodi Foster. She doesn't respond to male calls these days.

And.......We're there.

So, out of all the sorry motherfuckers that showed up, I was the only one from LAB that actually rode. On the left in the pic is my long time buddy, Sonny, from Santa Fe. I've known him about as long as al you fuckers. He's an excellent, fast, smooth rider, and all around excellent dude.

We burned through all the Full Tilt videos.

The DogeVan! I don't give a fuck what it's supposed to be called, that's what I'm calling it.

So since only Sonny and I rode, he and I hit the asphalt Saturday while Cliff and Paul bathed in gasoline. We left Dan's place and headed east to Soccoro, had a bite, then picked up 25 south to Truth or Consequences, where we rode 152 to Silver City. It's a beautiful road with super tight turns. More suited for a supermoto than a Busa, but still an excellent road. I was leaned over hard in a right hander, and a squirrel trotted out in front of me. I squashed him with my front wheel, the front stepped out, thanks to the lubricating properties of a mashed squirrel, but I just puckered up and rode through it, also catching the little rodent with my back tire.

A view from the high.

Cool little roller skate car at the lookout. Factory color with the orange added by the owner, a Porsche fan.

Sonny's S1000R is a sweet bike.

We rode into Silver City. It was a cluster fuck, so we gassed up, and got back on the road. Highway 180. One of the most supreme ribbons of asphalt I've ever ridden. No pics. We were too busy running at twice the posted speed limit, enjoying the fuck out of it.

One more stop at the VLA before we finish our loop, which was about 380 miles.

More to come.

S.C.

Jeff1216

BAMF

Where the fuck was that place?

• Red

Truth

Busa Riding Old Bass
Love that road over the Black Range to Silver.

But I hate that town....grew up there😪

Looks like you guys had fun.....hope to make one of these gatherings. Just didn't have time on this one

OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
I'm back in Casper, hope everyone else makes it back okay. Especially Paul and Chris with that damned van.

Danno thanks for being a great host and putting up with us for the weekend. The boy is still jazzed about the McLaren, thanks for firing it up for him!
So how was your ride in the McLaren?

Buelldozer

Anarcho-Frontierest
The McLaren was everything I'd imagined it to be, very cool looking and wicked fast. The exhaust note was fantastic both at idle and at speed. The ride itself was plenty fast but far too short. I'll have to come back down one of these days for a longer one!

It's a shame the Turbo H-Bus wasn't available, maybe next time. 🤠

Top Bottom