LABusas party June 11 - 13

Buelldozer

Anarcho-Frontierest
I just booked my room and I'll be there. I'm lame and don't have a bike anymore so I'll be driving down from Casper.

Turns out my Son has friends over in Socorro so I'm going to drop him there on my way through.

Wait, BiggerDanno has a McLaren? Hmmm, I may have to bring the Audi down then...

OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
I just booked my room and I'll be there. I'm lame and don't have a bike anymore so I'll be driving down from Casper.

Turns out my Son has friends over in Socorro so I'm going to drop him there on my way through.

Wait, BiggerDanno has a McLaren? Hmmm, I may have to bring the Audi down then...
Bring it! R8?

• Red
Reactions: Red

Buelldozer

Anarcho-Frontierest
Bring it! R8?
I wish but I'm not that baller.

It's just a tuned and supercharged A6. :wink2:

I was going to try and rent a bike down there but JFC I had no idea you lived in a hamlet on the edge of nowhere. Seriously, I looked your town on Google Maps and right outside your backyard it's labelled "Here be dragons." :biggrin1a:

Last edited:
OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
I wish but I'm not that baller.

It's just a tuned and supercharged A6. :wink2:

I was going to try and rent a bike down there but JFC I had no idea you lived in a hamlet on the edge of nowhere. Seriously, I looked your town on Google Maps and right outside your backyard it's labelled "Here be dragons." :biggrin1a:
But they be good eating!
You can rent in Albuquerque.
The A6 could be fun...

• Red

WickedSpeed

Official Mascot
I need to finalize the logistics of my flights and transportation...

I finish teaching June 1st in Hawaii.

My kids finish school June 15 in San Diego.

I want to visit my kids for a week or two after this party.

I want to bring my foil surfboard and foils for surfing with the kids while I visit in San Diego so I'll have baggage with me when I land, whether that's in San Diego, New Mexico, or somewhere else on the mainland.

Rocket (Chris, the other deaf guy who hung with us at Fox Hill, had the CBR 929rr that he crashed, then gave to me for me to finish off) wants to join for any road tripping, for this party and maybe to visit my kids for a day or two before flying back home to NorCal.

I like badass rides, have some funds available, and a week or so of free time before the party. I also will need transportation while I'm in San Diego visiting the kids. If I could find a worthy vehicle to buy somewhere on the mainland that can be driven with confidence anywhere, and worth shipping back to Hawaii to keep as a second vehicle or to flip eventually, I'd like to do that.

Trying to figure out how to make all of this fall into place as ideally as possible. Anybody? I should start a new thread I suppose...

-Wicked

OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
I'd suggest flying into Albuquerque, renting a car, and then looking for one to buy. Cars are cheaper here than in Cali. Taxes are lower too, if you have to pay them.
You can come here early, you don't have to wait for the party. You can have the spare bedroom until Scottcolbath shows up, then get a room at High Country or crash on the floor/recliner.

• Red
OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
Took the McLaren out today, terrorizing the twisties and getting to know the car. It is faster than I am. I need to get it out on the track to get comfy with it..
I've been chasing coolant leaks on it ever since I bought it. I think they are finally sorted.
Decided to make a 200+ run with it for the first time. At 195 it blew an o-ring seal on the clutch filter and sprayed oil everywhere. Lucky for me I was close enough to limp it home.
Fuck! Now I've got to tear into it AGAIN!!

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Took the McLaren out today, terrorizing the twisties and getting to know the car. It is faster than I am. I need to get it out on the track to get comfy with it..
I've been chasing coolant leaks on it ever since I bought it. I think they are finally sorted.
Decided to make a 200+ run with it for the first time. At 195 it blew an o-ring seal on the clutch filter and sprayed oil everywhere. Lucky for me I was close enough to limp it home.
Fuck! Now I've got to tear into it AGAIN!!
You better have that fixed before the party. I want a ride in this beast.

S.C.

• Red

Red

BAMF
Website
www.WestCoastSportbikes.oRg
OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
The weather is shaping up to be fucking great!!
Any of you planning on coming that don't have a yes next to your name on the first post of this thread...respond, let me know!!

• Red

RollieFree

BAMF
I’m hoping to make it but I’m buried. I will have to crash in the yard, piss on the ground and live like a Manson child. If that’s OK, I’ll do my best to be there.
RF

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I’m hoping to make it but I’m buried. I will have to crash in the yard, piss on the ground and live like a Manson child. If that’s OK, I’ll do my best to be there.
RF
Any desire to ride out together? I was going to take the scenic route, leaving Phoenix on Thursday and running 191 up to Springerville, get a hotel there for the night, and finish the ride the next day.

S.C.

• Red

RollieFree

BAMF
Any desire to ride out together? I was going to take the scenic route, leaving Phoenix on Thursday and running 191 up to Springerville, get a hotel there for the night, and finish the ride the next day.

S.C.
I’d love to do that. Just not sure I can work it out. I’ll get serious about it this week. Got family in town, gotta go to Indy to straighten out the mess left when my father in law offed himself, mother in law lost her mind and now in full blown dementia,, etc.. couldn’t do it last year because of travel restrictions. Lots to coordinate. I’ll be in touch.
RF

OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
RF
I hope you can make it! If you do, you can act human if you want.

• Red

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
I’d love to do that. Just not sure I can work it out. I’ll get serious about it this week. Got family in town, gotta go to Indy to straighten out the mess left when my father in law offed himself, mother in law lost her mind and now in full blown dementia,, etc.. couldn’t do it last year because of travel restrictions. Lots to coordinate. I’ll be in touch.
RF
I've got a spare bed and we may even feed you.

RollieFree

BAMF

S.C.
I don’t know where Springerville is but I’ll look. Like to meet you there for a hang before heading in. How far from there? I can’t run busa speed but I’m cool with you running ahead and meeting you there.
RF

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I don’t know where Springerville is but I’ll look. Like to meet you there for a hang before heading in. How far from there? I can’t run busa speed but I’m cool with you running ahead and meeting you there.
RF
I'd stay with you. This is a ride, not a race.

S.C.

• Red

RollieFree

BAMF
I'd stay with you. This is a ride, not a race.

S.C.
You got a room? I’ll get my own so I don’t stay up too late or snore you out. Where are you planning to stay? I’ll need to get a room in NM too. Was thinking of camping but I’m too fucking tired and don’t want to carry all the shit.
I’m leaning toward going if I can rest up. I should ride that Indian over. Hmmm…if you want to go 60.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
You got a room? I’ll get my own so I don’t stay up too late or snore you out. Where are you planning to stay? I’ll need to get a room in NM too. Was thinking of camping but I’m too fucking tired and don’t want to carry all the shit.
I’m leaning toward going if I can rest up. I should ride that Indian over. Hmmm…if you want to go 60.
I meant I would not leave you in the dust on the ride.

I scored the guest room at BD's place early on.

S.C.

• Red
OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
2 weeks until party!!
I'll send a PM this weekend to those that have said they are coming with contact info and address.
If you are still on the fence it's time to fall off on one side or the other!

OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
Reply to this post with yes I'll be there and your name will be updated with a pretty red yes.

• Red
Top Bottom