LABusas party June 11 - 13

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I’ve done it in winter and summer temps. Left my place last Friday with temps at 30degrees Fahrenheit. But have made that trip when it was over 120f. Just go
Anyone who is really worried about riding in the heat needs to buy a cool vest. I got one last year. The thing is fucking amazing. Soak it for 30 minutes, toss it on, and you will feel fine for a few hours in the hottest temps. Between a cool vest and soaking your helmet thoroughly (and closing all the vents), riding in the heat is doable, even for the biggest wimp.

S.C.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Anyone who is really worried about riding in the heat needs to buy a cool vest. I got one last year. The thing is fucking amazing. Soak it for 30 minutes, toss it on, and you will feel fine for a few hours in the hottest temps. Between a cool vest and soaking your helmet thoroughly (and closing all the vents), riding in the heat is doable, even for the biggest wimp.

S.C.
Track day a couple years ago at 111f with Maui and the crew. I had on heat out liners. They worked great.

jhinderliter

BAMF+

S.C.
yup 👍

wife and I broke down and bought cooling vests and mesh jackets for our 2019 Rama run ...

made a world of difference 👍👍

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
S.C.
a good base layer and hydration is the best way to beat the heat. No cotton tshirts or underwears...
You have to be ahead of the curve on hydration though. The dyed fluid sold as hydration -Ades in stores is yeeech and worthless in hydration.
Nunn or Skratch work wonders.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
a good base layer and hydration is the best way to beat the heat. No cotton tshirts or underwears...
You have to be ahead of the curve on hydration though. The dyed fluid sold as hydration -Ades in stores is yeeech and worthless in hydration.
Nunn or Skratch work wonders.
A bottle of Body Armor once or twice between SoCal and Phoenix is something I always do, in addition to water. Whatever is in that stuff doesn't taste good, but it works. Better than Gatorade and that shit.

S.C.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It's looking like the dragons will be continuing the attack on my village for the foreseeable future so, less and less likely I'll be able to make it...

...without divine intervention.

Top Bottom