labusas.oRg 20th Anniversary T-Shirt

ADonf!

BAMF
Website
spookyfast.com
The finger/whores illustration came from the discussions in a precedent post where some members laid down a few ideas. Post which has been deleted since.

I have done a couple tee shirts for LABUSAS in the past, so I was excited when czloco directed me to the original post and asked me if I would help with the illustration of the 20th Anniversary of LABUSAS. I am rarely here but I love LABUSAS and I consider you members as my brothers. I will gladly help with the computer graphics, and we can all shape the illustration’s internals.

I wasn't bought on the hookers, because it's not representative of LABUSAS, but it has been suggested and backed once. I should have left it alone instead of spending some ridiculous time designing them. Or not.

The finger salute could be less prominent. But absent? If you are a LABUSAS member you know the salute when you see it. Next to a Hayabusa “icon” it makes no doubt (kanji, silhouette.) I originally put a vector version of the original Busas on the hand to look like a tattoo. I still have the layer, if needed.

I would not recognize a picture of Duc in a crowd of tee shirts. I would have no doubt the tee shirt belongs to a LABUBAS member if I saw a Hayabusa silhouette with flipping hand over large font text with a larger R on the org part. Simple is better, you are right.

Here’s a new take based on this post. Comments?

I would buy the one with the nose as well.

LAB-Tee-20-Years-AB.jpg

BigGar

high on placebo
I'd lose the fucking. I just think it would get worn more without it. I'd like duc's imagery to be part of it as well, but this one is a lot better Adonf. Thanks a ton for taking the time to fuck with this at all buddy. Tough crowd here as always. Maybe instead of the "fucking years" inside the zero, use duc's image there?

BigGar

high on placebo
anything that says fuck in it or shows the finger would hang in my closet unworn. In fact I would just donate 20 bucks and you guys could keep the money and not send the shirt. Make something we can wear in public or at work would be my request
I think the finger on the biker silhouette is reasonably vague and perfectly acceptable. I really don't think we need to bother with names of attendees either. Less is more. It's a 20th anniversary shirt that everyone should want to wear whether or not they make it to Austin.

BigGar

high on placebo
Great suggestions Gar, I will trace this image unless I can get the original vector art from whom ever can share it.
Someone might have the camera-ready artwork. I may even have it somewhere in my computer, just not sure where!

Hapo

Dog Boy
...Master Cylinder might have something...???...that's the Duc face I was talkin' aboot...

1549803387216.png

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...it is already an iconic image understood by few...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
...it is already an iconic image understood by only a few...
That's the way it is with most things in life.

What's on the outside vs what's on the inside...

...vs where the answer is vs where one is standing when looking for or sharing it.

My suggestion:
Just use the duc image, and on the corner of the glasses, where there's usually a logo or brand name or a small design of some sort, put a "20" right there.
Something like this, but only with the "20" rotated to the proper angle to look like it was printed on the sunglasses. Done. Inoffensive, still meaningful, iconic...

1Deleteme1.jpg

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I like fuck.

But it's about the majority and not what I want. :)
At least you fucking people are finally speaking up about what you want.
Or what you don't want. Because that works too.

Thank you for spending so much time on this, Adonf.
It must be tough going back and forth on ideas.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Fuckin fucks. I give two fucks who is offended by what I wear. fuck those mother fuckers.

Fever said he has the drawing of some stuff you might be able to use. ... send him an email with address where to send it

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Put the Busa nose on the back, with the Labusa organization.

On the front put the big 20, the white bike (move kangi forward and down a bit, write "ducmanic" on the bike, leave the salute. Drop the Busa nose and the "fucking years " from the front.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
No pic of duc, (I don't like pics of people on shirts, seems tacky).

Hapo

Dog Boy
...has anyone gotten a ducmanic tatoo…???...

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
The finger/whores illustration came from the discussions in a precedent post where some members laid down a few ideas. Post which has been deleted since.

I have done a couple tee shirts for LABUSAS in the past, so I was excited when czloco directed me to the original post and asked me if I would help with the illustration of the 20th Anniversary of LABUSAS. I am rarely here but I love LABUSAS and I consider you members as my brothers. I will gladly help with the computer graphics, and we can all shape the illustration’s internals.

I wasn't bought on the hookers, because it's not representative of LABUSAS, but it has been suggested and backed once. I should have left it alone instead of spending some ridiculous time designing them. Or not.

The finger salute could be less prominent. But absent? If you are a LABUSAS member you know the salute when you see it. Next to a Hayabusa “icon” it makes no doubt (kanji, silhouette.) I originally put a vector version of the original Busas on the hand to look like a tattoo. I still have the layer, if needed.

I would not recognize a picture of Duc in a crowd of tee shirts. I would have no doubt the tee shirt belongs to a LABUBAS member if I saw a Hayabusa silhouette with flipping hand over large font text with a larger R on the org part. Simple is better, you are right.

Here’s a new take based on this post. Comments?

I would buy the one with the nose as well.

View attachment 16528
I like this one better.... with the suggestions mentioned above:

1) Move nose image to front breast location
2) Move Kanji closer to actual bike location on fairing
3) Replace "fucking years" with Duc image

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Here are a few designs. I like the first one on the right best. We can mix, add, substract.
I like the farthest left... out of those three. Either remove the Kanji or move it to the fairing location.

Keep in mind that shirt printing on fabric isn't going to be a perfect science. The nice gradient on the nose is going to come out like crap on the screen printing process.

Hapo

Dog Boy
I like the farthest left... out of those three. Either remove the Kanji or move it to the fairing location.

Keep in mind that shirt printing on fabric isn't going to be a perfect science. The nice gradient on the nose is going to come out like crap on the screen printing process.

BigGar

high on placebo
Slight preference to farthest left but to be honest I like them all just fine Adonf.

Thanks again for your efforts.

How many do you think we'll need to get printed up?

I have a t-shirt company that would treat us like gold I can work with, or if someone else does, that's fine too.

busa10

BAMF
I like the farthest right. Actually says 20 years. I'd have that on the back with a 4" Kanji on the front breast.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...maybe there should be several shirt designs...why does there only have to be one…???...

ADonf!

BAMF
Website
spookyfast.com
Thanks, Gar, we can go with them if we use one design only. The quality would be best. Hapo, we could also use an online "print your tee" company, where we can upload various designs and each of us can buy any which one they want.

BigGar

high on placebo
we could also use an online "print your tee" company, where we can upload various designs and each of us can buy any which one they want.
Don't those companies basically "print" your tee with a computer printer type setup as opposed to the silkscreen process? I've seen hit or miss results with those, but it would be a cool way to do one off tee shirts for sure.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I wasn't thinking "one offs" so much as a few official designs, like Bike Week...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Here are a few designs. I like the first one on the right best. We can mix, add, substract.
Left image looks best.

Lots to play with still...

...the 20 years on the right image looks good but the whole seems to have too much empty space.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
My roommate/buddy has a t-shirt printing machine at the tattoo shop he works for.
He doesn't do the T's himself but his boss (also a friend of mine) does and has made me a custom jersey in the past that I've been happy with.
I discussed this with him about six months ago. But we can talk about other options. :up:

Hapo

Dog Boy
….the local connection is good...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It looks shit. looks like any other mundane bland bike t shirt...
So, you're saying you find issue with the all but the one on the left? :confused2:

Here's something to tease and titillate your senses while you ponder the best measured answer:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Just have Duc's sunglasses over a twenty with his face on the hole in the zero...

...small and tasteful so as not to offend the gentler senses?

Top Bottom