LABS 20th Anniversary Reunion & Family GetTogether - MotoGP - April 2019

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
www.youfuckmyleftovers.com
Hey TB.. I have been watching the thread and trying to figure out a way to make attending doable.. but it isn't looking likely.. new house, new job with different travel responsibilities and ridiculous schedule that while I hope doesn't stay at this pace, looks like it might for a while, are crushing my optimism!

well at least facetime/duo in to anyone going that has your #. :(

BTW those are "whop" biscuits! Why are they called that? Cause you "whop" em on the counter to open em up - Told to me by an old timer Norman I work with!

fropappy

BAMF
I have been talking to Kawachan about going. Not sure if he will or not.
My February work trip to Mexico has been moved to April 4-8
Don't know if I'll make it to Austin.
My sister lives there, so I have a place to stay.
Move me to 'might go'

BigGar

high on placebo
Well, I checked my dates and I'm going to talk with my client tomorrow. Last year we missed going to Baja with Ryan and Bonnie because of this car show, and now the same show is the weekend of this shindig. From a work standpoint, it's going to be very difficult to miss this show. Client is a premier sponsor of it and we'll have at least three cars showing there plus other client cars. We may be able to fly into Austin on Wednesday afternoon and GTFO on Saturday afternoon. Going to have to DVR the race and watch from home though it sounds like. I'd obviously want to meet up with as many of you all as possible on Friday night then! I'll know more tomorrow. I say faaaack...

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
That was confusing. Are you saying your car show & client will be in Austin on the weekend of the MotoGP?
Then why leave on Saturday?

Someone please pester me into starting the Friday & Saturday plans thread this weekend when I have time to focus on getting all the info & details.

But preliminary Friday thoughts are the Kevin Schwantz Soiree @ Austin Speed Shop (owned by Jesse) at 6PM.
Then the annual sportbiker party at AF1 RACING at 9PM (free booze, tons of bikes & tools to check out).

The only issue is we'll be mingled with hundreds of others.
I still think we need name badges but I know that will be hated on.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
All we would need is a labusas ball cap.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
What we need are some official labusas credentials to hang around our necks or pinned to our shirts like in kindergarten.

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Yes, Austin is East California
1550187081928.png

Yes, Austin is English speaking country
But there are some Boomhauer's that occasionally wander through when they get lost.

1550187155939.png

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

I just put in for vacation that weekend. I'll be on my 14R and bringing a buddy on a Triumph. Should be there Thur-Mon.
Can't go unless you change your avatar picture.
*Personal rule.

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Have you guys figured out where and what day the (our)party is?
The main party will be Saturday afternoon/early evening at Treaty Oaks Distillery (owned by Jesse). Details to come. It won't be private, but it should be fun!

Then the Friday parties will be stacked/staggered almost all afternoon/late night with three locations, one after the other.

Can't wait to finally meet you in person, Chica!!
And to taste any awesome foods you bring our way. :)

ZX woman

giggity
Okay, flight is BOOKED! Now looking for a room. What are the areas that we do NOT want to stay? We don't mind driving to downtown, and staying out by one of the lakes looks pretty. Like to keep it under $200/night if poss. Going through my chase acct, so I get money off the stay. :)

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Okay, flight is BOOKED! Now looking for a room. What are the areas that we do NOT want to stay? We don't mind driving to downtown, and staying out by one of the lakes looks pretty. Like to keep it under $200/night if poss. Going through my chase acct, so I get money off the stay. :)
West of I35 is usually a safe bet.
Stay away from Braker Lane and Runderberg Lane.
Unless you want a nasty hooker.
I don't mean the nice'n'nasty type either.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...so...is it goona be Baker Lane or Runderburg Lane...???...:confused2:

ZX woman

giggity
family values mother effer

get Gam Gam zx woman a nice place that charges by the evening. A place Robert Kraft would not stay

I found a place that looks pretty cool, close enough to everything. And old style motel like feel.

Austin Hotel Photos | Lone Star Court Photo Gallery

couple hundred a night, but the pool looks awesome, free parking and breakfast, and they have fire pits everywhere and a restaurant and bar on site. :)

If anyone else is interested, they still have rooms!

Hapo

Dog Boy
...how do the hookers look...???....bi...???....dogs allowed...???....

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I have to bail on this party. Work and money are getting in the way. Not happy about it, but being a responsible adult has to come first, this time.

S.C.

sailUSVI

Well fuck, thought I was finally gonnna meet ya Scott. These little get togethers don’t come along often, life is getting shorter all the time, probably be someone there for you to beat up, we need your camera, we need a tall guy the hang the labusas camp fire lights, Most of all if your not there everyone will be talking shit about you without fear of retaliation :fu:

I have to bail on this party. Work and money are getting in the way. Not happy about it, but being a responsible adult has to come first, this time.

S.C.

sailUSVI

Send Princess Kiwi in your stead, we will take care of her :inlove1a: only cared about seeing her anyway :smile2:

sailUSVI

I can take some overflow at our place’s also, I “think” we acquired the home next door that has no furniture but it’s 2 bed 2 bath house.
Eddie you certainly have a spot if needed.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I can take some overflow at our place’s also, I “think” we acquired the home next door that has no furniture but it’s 2 bed 2 bath house.
Eddie you certainly have a spot if needed.
I may buy that one. ;)

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

I think congrats??!!

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I'm pretty much open to locations. Or a year round salt water pool.. ;)

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Or a year round salt water pool.. ;)
Expand your budget for a 5000 gallon salt water tank with mini sharks with lasers on their heads, and some groupers and stingrays. And you can swim with them.
I do mean "expand" your budget though.
But wouldn't it be cool? I'd pay a few bucks to swim in your saltwater tank.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I prefer a salt water pool as it doesn't fuck the dogs up as much as chemical pools do.

If I ever hit the lotto ... the property will have a moat.. albino aligators will be in abundance... Rhinos on inside land ... ph a few hippos thrown in along the banks on the Rhino side.. Texas is hot like Africa...they would do fine there.

Top Bottom