LA BUSAS History

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I'm just sad my intro post got lost as I changed the standard in being the first not to be told to fuck off.

It might have been disturbing to some but it did press some thoughts or maybe just concern.

It wasn't a bad thread either from what I recall...

...my whole opinion of the place was in the middle of a paradigm shift after lurking for a few months.

Shortly after that I recall offering to Ian to come out and stand watch at his place when someone was fucking with him...

...something about a sticker being affixed to his back door by some unknown playing fuck-fuck.

I had little else going on at the time...

...around the middle of 00', I think.

Then the place crashed and I got busy riding/working/fucking, before coming back online.

It's still the same place to my mine...

...the only constant being change.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I found this place randomly searching for info the day I bought my Hayabusa (May 2000)- I made the first SD meeting (where Wickedspeed had to show up for a court appearance, which he did in full, scuffed leathers :biggrin1a:)- it was also Billy V, Dolan, and Mr. Bear. Made it to the Stir Crazy meeting, the AZ contingent ride (when they rode to Cali), flew halfway around the world for V's party- good times.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Been here since 99. Ian recruited me up at the lookout point. I thought he was Wierd but then as I got know him more he got wierder. Lots of stories of Ian. He even wore red thongs once to my house.
bro, shotlady has this pic in the ducmanic picture thread
I always thought it was just janky old ripped up underwears but now I know better

Last edited:

Austin_F

BAMF+
My dad would wait for someone to finish bitching to him about someone else behind their back and then look them in the eye and say, "he's always spoken highly of you".

Fucking cracked me up every time.
One of our favorites at work (doesnt work on senior guys so you have to wait for someone junior) is when there are a few guys around and the junior guy does something unexpected i.e. helpful, you say 'wow, I don't care what THOSE guys (pointing at others) say about you, you're all right!"

The other one that you only get to use once is when some new guy is standing with you bullshitting, and the boss walks by. You point at the new guy and say 'hey boss, i found him! He didn't go home!'

They turn bright red, it's great.

LE05BUSA

GFY
I met CW (Wrench Whore), first, as he was a customer of mine at PAW in Thousand Oaks, '99-'00. Not long after I met CW, I met Ian for the first time at the Rock Store, where he asked me a bunch about the Honda I was riding at the time. I thought he was a bit odd, but lots of us are. I bought my '00 Bandit 1200 in Feb of '00, and had joined the Bandits R US mailing list a month or so prior, where i first became acquainted with Ed, Mileageking, and others. I had talked to Ian a second time, at the overlook, and by this time LAbusas was underway and he gave me his card with the website address.

I visited once, was a bit surprised by the content, and really didn't come back until December 03, 2000. That was a day when I had been at the Rock Store in the morning, talking to a guy from the Bandit list about his bike and his family, before he split for a run down Encinal Canyon to PCH. He never made it to the coast, colliding with a telephone pole and buying the farm. I left about 15 min after him, so by the time I arrived they were already trying to control the yard sale and close the road. I believe CW, Bandit Man, Lota Fun R, and others were also at the scene. When I got home that afternoon there was mention of the accident and the loss of the member on the Bandit list, and that there was more info and better coverage on this site called LAbusas.org. I came over, saw CW's reportage and photos, and signed up and posted a bit for the next few months. After a few board crashes and bans from Webby, I bailed. That is, until I bought the '05 LE in the summer of '05. The rest is a lot of convoluted history.

The first thread I posted in is the one at the top ofScreenshot_20201121-112310_Firefox Beta.jpg the page in the image.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Can't have an LAbusas history thread without its most famous bathroom.
:fu:

Team222

BAMF
If you really want to get a chronological order of your time here, jump on the way back machine and go through your PM's, 20 yrs of growth, hopefully, your views changed some since then, a few or maybe not at all?

One thing it did for me is make me realize how much of our lives have been shared here for all to see, kudos to the brave enough....! :fu: To the chickenshits that hide behind the keyboard!

This next bit is a celebration, not to be confused or construal as anything else!
Some members here have had great losses in their lives and we're kind of enough to share their pain with us in hopes of helping ease that said pain and maybe help others here, some real history!

From reading my PM's, theses losses come to mind and I know there are others but someone else can fill in those blanks if they want to.

MeesterCool and Missuscool's loss of their newborn boy and then Missuscool's untimely death.

Brandi's son.

Brokenfly

BAMF+
I met CW (Wrench Whore), first, as he was a customer of mine at PAW in Thousand Oaks, '99-'00. Not long after I met CW, I met Ian for the first time at the Rock Store, where he asked me a bunch about the Honda I was riding at the time. I thought he was a bit odd, but lots of us are. I bought my '00 Bandit 1200 in Feb of '00, and had joined the Bandits R US mailing list a month or so prior, where i first became acquainted with Ed, Mileageking, and others. I had talked to Ian a second time, at the overlook, and by this time LAbusas was underway and he gave me his card with the website address.

I visited once, was a bit surprised by the content, and really didn't come back until December 03, 2000. That was a day when I had been at the Rock Store in the morning, talking to a guy from the Bandit list about his bike and his family, before he split for a run down Encinal Canyon to PCH. He never made it to the coast, colliding with a telephone pole and buying the farm. I left about 15 min after him, so by the time I arrived they were already trying to control the yard sale and close the road. I believe CW, Bandit Man, Lota Fun R, and others were also at the scene. When I got home that afternoon there was mention of the accident and the loss of the member on the Bandit list, and that there was more info and better coverage on this site called LAbusas.org. I came over, saw CW's reportage and photos, and signed up and posted a bit for the next few months. After a few board crashes and bans from Webby, I bailed. That is, until I bought the '05 LE in the summer of '05. The rest is a lot of convoluted history.

The first thread I posted in is the one at the top ofView attachment 46536 the page in the image.

i met DS back around 2001 near tyler tx.

Jeff1216

BAMF
Good point, Dirty Pete no matter how people felt about him, was very influential in the early shaping of the site. I had many, many back and forths with him that I enjoyed (mostly).

Red, I put more in the category of other long lost souls, Panchop, Buffalo, Squid Vicious, Viol8tr, etc. Some of those guys have passed on, some have moved on.
Speaking of ..... When is the last time anyone has heard from Viol8tr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned

View attachment 46536

The first thread I posted in is the one at the top of the page in the image.
Site was about 11 months to the day old there... when did ya'll meet Highside? Summer of 2000?? God all that is a blur now
Other than the highlights of the previous year and all the industry talk at dinner. Typically my year was bookmarked by the Prostar drags in Feb/March... Bikeweek, some kinda road trip in June, street racing on the summer weekend nights or weekly bike nights, then the Prostar finals in Oct along with Biketoberfest. One year the Daytona 500 was on a Sunday that bikeweek had started the previous Friday... might have been '98. We got box passes from someone and went over to wreck the place for booze & food. There's a race going on?? Give me a beer & a shot with that tray of appetizers :D I was so full when we went out to dinner that night was gona vomit. I just had 1 beer the rest of the night.

Top Bottom