Kick Starting YZ250

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Felt good enough to do something other than be in bed.

So the 12yo girl wanted to try to start the YZ250X. Bike hasn’t been started in 2 weeks and is in a cold garage. I honestly didn’t think she would be able to do it

Here’s my motorcycle related thread to the board in my current state. This just confirmed to me tonight that I am in big trouble with this one as she gets older.

Last edited:

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Good job. Tell her to put some of that karate kick into it. Be one, with the kick starter.
My DT250 kicks back hard enough to make you not want to start it. I found a way around it, kick it once with the key off, and on the second kick, turn the key on half way through the kick. Oh, and they kick back because the timing it (pints) are set and locked at 2mm BTDC.
KDX is a bitch too, it still has a ton of compression.

OP
Stites

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Good job. Tell her to put some of that karate kick into it. Be one, with the kick starter.
My DT250 kicks back hard enough to make you not want to start it. I found a way around it, kick it once with the key off, and on the second kick, turn the key on half way through the kick. Oh, and they kick back because the timing it (pints) are set and locked at 2mm BTDC.
KDX is a bitch too, it still has a ton of compression.
I did I think she was afraid it was going to bite her.

gsxrian

BAMF
Nice young lady with skills .... you better have your shotgun ready for when the boys come around in a few years!

Vegas12

BAMF+
It's all technique, minimal brute force expended.

This comes up all the time......the RCH ATDC will always get a clean/complete kick in.

At the risk of being redundant, when I bought my Husaberg 600, everyone at the shop freaked out I could kick it sitting down left footed. They all had to stand/jump with their right foot.

Of course, I sold it when the e-start Husaberg came out and my KTM 300 had a torque button....so who am I kidding..lol!!

Top Bottom