Karens at the Dragon

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Did a few runs at the Dragon today with the V.. one of the killboy stands there is a nice hard banked left hander and then a straight with a soft left right thrown in that finishes into a hard right hander..

As you come onto that straight on hard throttle there is an orange 73 or so corvette parked on the side.. as I passed them I noticed an older white guy and woman writing on pads as I went buy.. and when any bike went buy.

On the way back I down gear it and slow do to see just what the fuck are they doing .. turns out these fucks are writing plate numbers down.

For what purpose I'm not so sure. But I'm sure nothing good can come out of it.

Onto another item.. Cisco would have been super happy to be here today. There was a guy on a HIGHLY modified Honda monkey that was just reeling big sport bikes in and spitting them out. That little thing just left everyone that tried to follow him.. including me. :)

It's was a pretty good day but a lot of asshole Harleys that spoiled three out of my six passes. They have no etiquette to pull over for faster vehicles.. just putting on their bikes going slower then tree sap. Then watched one old Willy Nelson guy go over the double over and over ... that fucker is going to kill himself or some one else.

Moon shine was a lot more open and did some nice runs there. All in all it was a great day out even with a few shit heads
IMG_20210608_132931_957.jpg
Pushed the car pretty hard ... a Bit hard on the brakes even with manual shifting
IMG_20210608_133115_331.jpg
IMG_20210608_144046_382.jpg
Blue Ridge gets foggy sometimes.
20210607_150606.jpg

Other times it's really Beautiful 20210607_151220.jpg

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
When I get back home I'll look into editing .. I have a few more potential states to check out before heading north..

On that front .. I'm not really loving anything I'm seeing ...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
When I get back home I'll look into editing .. I have a few more potential states to check out before heading north..

On that front .. I'm not really loving anything I'm seeing ...
Yeah, even the traffic here is starting to get on my nerves.

Thinking hard about moving to the desert or some other wilderness area.

Too many people.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Problem here is things are so spread out that just a few slow people fuck the whole idea of living here.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Problem here is things are so spread out that just a few slow people fuck the whole idea of living here.
Yeah, my multiple trips into town each week, 30 miles of two lane one way, usually end up with chains of no less than 15 cars fucking along at 40MPH in a 55 half of the trips.
Turn a 25 minute drive into a 45-50 minute journey.

Fucking time thieves need to pull over and get the fuck out of the way, since they aren't in a hurry anyway.

I've figured out different times to travel for less traffic but some days it just doesn't matter.

If I won the lottery, I'd fly the route into town each day in my helicopter and drop bags of wet dog shit on the parade leader's vehicles...

...and laugh maniacally the whole time.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Yeah, my multiple trips into town each week, 30 miles of two lane one way, usually end up with chains of no less than 15 cars fucking along at 40MPH in a 55 half of the trips.
Turn a 25 minute drive into a 45-50 minute journey.

Fucking time thieves need to pull over and get the fuck out of the way, since they aren't in a hurry anyway.

I've figured out different times to travel for less traffic but some days it just doesn't matter.

If I won the lottery, I'd fly the route into town each day in my helicopter and drop bags of wet dog shit on the parade leader's vehicles...

...and laugh maniacally the whole time.
A couple hundred dollar drone with a release and you're in business.

VFR Rider

BAMF
Not worth even going through Deals any more, unless it's the shortest route to someplace else.

If I want to ride the Tail of the Dragon I make sure it is the middle of the week and early in the day. Usually very few other vehicles, and can make a couple clean passes before moving on to the other, better roads in the area.

whipit1K

BAMF
You have to weigh the annoying little idiosyncrasies of each place against the sheer "living in NY" factor.
I lived the first 30 yrs of my life in NY, would have moved to the moon if it were my only option to get the fuck out of there

Wretch

amazingly graceful
they can write all the tag #s they want... cant do fuckall unless youre a LEO.
They can rat and complicate your travels.
I've had state troopers tell me they had gotten complaints involving my vehicle, once they caught up with me.
Some folks can't stand it when you don't follow their parade rules.

And then if they have an unscrupulous "friend " in law enforcement, they could ask for favors and grief you too.

I'd have stopped, got out and made a point of letting them see me photographing them.

CID

BAMF+
I like how they brag aboot the altitude of that little ant hill. I grew up in the real high mountains. Had my RD350 at 12,000 feet...barely. Going down was much better.
I think the highest point on the blue ridge parkway is like 6k? --- Never even took a pic of that sign. 45 degrees and rain. Took a piss, warmed the hands up on the stove at the ranger station and hightailed the hell outta there. :lol:

Ed

I think the highest point on the blue ridge parkway is like 6k?
Keerect... Mt Mitchell is listed as 6,684', although not technically "on" the BRP.

edit:
The Blue Ridge Parkway reaches an elevation of 6,053 feet (1,845 m)— the parkway's highest point— as it passes over Richland Balsam's southwestern slope.

Last edited:

chuck356

BAMF
The road we live on is much like the Dragon, it's a very twisty road through a tunnel of trees marked for 25mph. Most of us that live out here (maybe 2 dozen families) drive it at 35-40mph, but get held up by nature site seers, old people going to one of the 2 churches, or the 2 locals that drive it at 20mph. Most will move over and let you go by, not much passing otherwise as most places it's one and a half lanes wide.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
We’re all getting old. Didn’t think any of them would come out here in the winter time
If I had showed up 2 or 3 weeks earlier, you wouldn't have been able to send me and my wife over it on the Goldwing, it would have been closed. 😆

She still tells her friends about stopping in Independence to put on more clothes and a rainsuit as a wind guard. I actually slipped some light wind pants over my cargo shorts. :biggrin1a:

Hapo

Dog Boy
The bad thing about the public streets are that they are public.
Someone "holding up your fun" is just as entitled to be there as you.
I wish they would all go home, lose their keys and never come out again, but that ain't happenin'
...ergo the Benelli...even then shit gets real...LoL...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
The bad thing about the public streets are that they are public.
Someone "holding up your fun" is just as entitled to be there as you.
I wish they would all go home, lose their keys and never come out again, but that ain't happenin'
Impeding traffic is illegal.

If someone comes up behind me quickly and/or with their flashers on, I pull over and let them by.
I also don't speed up in passing zones to make it more of an effort for traffic behind me to pass if they wish...
...I'm usually already moving like I have a purpose in life.

I just don't do passive aggressive games on the road, as a consideration to the other users of the road and for my own fucking safety.

On a two lane highway, if there are three or more cars in a line behind you and you aren't maintaining a constant speed, at the limit, you need to let them by.
Fucking dead pedal drivers are either oblivious drivers or seriously mentally ill and likely both.

As an aside, I do believe left hand turns across traffic should be illegal.
Stopping on a fucking highway to make a left turn is insanity, with the current levels of attention being as low as they are...
...and especially if you have no depth perception.

Mr Lucky

The Voice Of Reason...
Impeding traffic is illegal.

If someone comes up behind me quickly and/or with their flashers on, I pull over and let them by.
I also don't speed up in passing zones to make it more of an effort for traffic behind me to pass if they wish...
...I'm usually already moving like I have a purpose in life.

I just don't do passive aggressive games on the road, as a consideration to the other users of the road and for my own fucking safety.

On a two lane highway, if there are three or more cars in a line behind you and you aren't maintaining a constant speed, at the limit, you need to let them by.
Fucking dead pedal drivers are either oblivious drivers or seriously mentally ill and likely both.

As an aside, I do believe left hand turns across traffic should be illegal.
Stopping on a fucking highway to make a left turn is insanity, with the current levels of attention being as low as they are...
...and especially if you have no depth perception.
Surely you cannot impede traffic illegally if you are doing the speed limit?

Top Bottom