Just got my trash bill.

Kinda racist I'd say. I never knew until today that black bags cost more, but white bags doubled in cost.
I may have to get a trash compactor.

Actual bill, invoice, statement of costs whatever you wanna call it.
TrashBill.jpg

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Who picks up your trash, a couple guys in a pickup truck? We had a trash compactor in the mid 70's when we lived in the mountains. We had to haul our trash to the county dump. Loved doing it , took the .22 with us. Loved finding a TV with a good CRT. Our current garbage bill is included in our property taxes. They come around way too often, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Fucking stupid.

OP
braindead_organdonor
Who picks up your trash, a couple guys in a pickup truck?
Pretty much. And just when you think your taxes are low the guys regular price is $216 a year for unlimited with a provided hopper. I've been paying about 8 bucks a month using my own can and paying his per bag rate. Now he has doubled that though so i need to consider my options.

Dameon

BAMF+
Actual bill, invoice, statement of costs whatever you wanna call it.
View attachment 64398
WTF kinda back woods service is that. Not only poorly handwritten, but lacking in consistency. Must have written the first line using "per bag" and decided "fuck that long winded text" and used "each" instead. Aside from the fact that color does not dictate bag size, which I assume would be his primary concern. It should read "10 gallon bag - $2", etc.

Z

BAMF+
I pay 17 :cdolan: a month, :D
It cums, as part, a my wadda bill. :biggar:

Fer dat ,,,dey will take 2 full barrels, twice, a week, on, m/t :D

Plus two barrels a week of ''yard debri/tree trimmins'' on, f :up:

Azz well as ''recycle stuff'' on, f. (which I don't do..) :razz:

Stetson

BAMF+
My family of 4 generates, on average, one 13 gallon kitchen size garbage bag a week, which I take to work and drop in the dumpster. Couple times a year, I take recyclables to the recycle place. I also live in the sticks and have a burn barrel and chickens, which also gets rid of stuff.

OP
braindead_organdonor
My family of 4 generates, on average, one 13 gallon kitchen size garbage bag a week, which I take to work and drop in the dumpster. Couple times a year, I take recyclables to the recycle place. I also live in the sticks and have a burn barrel and chickens, which also gets rid of stuff.
We are at one or two ( 13 gallon white bags) per week. So I was @ $2 per week maximum. He's on to me, as I stuff these bags to the point they will burst with anything else added.
I do burn all papers and cardboard, but recycling is a pain in the ass, it's about a half hour away. Of course any chance I get I chuck things in the gas station's dumpster.
You gave me an idea though, get a large bin for plastics and take it in twice a year.
I scrap all my cans, got about 150 pounds of those sitting around hoping the price goes up.
If I get a case of bottled beer or something I usually recycle the bottles, just because I don't wanna pay to get rid of them.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I pay $2 per month (more like $1.75, really)- a crew shows up in a truck that looks exactly like the one below, right down to the rust- they pick up trash once per week, but they're very unreliable as to the day- it's supposed to be Wednesday, but sometimes it's Friday, maybe Saturday...

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Fukken city folk! :girl-wacko:
Trashbags go in the back of the pickup, along with the recyclables, which are trash made from paper, plastic, and glass. If there's a dog or two they go in the cab for the ride to the transfer station.Just about nobody brings their wife.

The transfer station has the metal bin first, in go the lawnmowers, brake discs, transmissions, crap like that. Second bin is single stream recycling, paper, plastic, glass in there. Third bin is household trash.

Pull around back, into the bulk dumpster goes that old fence or the doors and windows you replaced,ripped tarps, and the like. The last stop on the way out is where the old propane tanks, refrigerators, a/c units, oil and antifreeze containers get left.

Then take the dog home and see if wifey made lunch. That's how it's done, the city folk need to hire someone to wipe their asses, being incapable of looking after themselves.

OP
braindead_organdonor
That's how it's done, the city folk need to hire someone to wipe their asses, being incapable of looking after themselves.
Sounds like some liberal money drain. There are no free transfer stations in this fucking county. That's why so many people here have a junk pile. It's $58 per ton, 1 ton minimum to get rid of it.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Water workers, garbagemen, and sewer workers have prevented more deaths from disease than doctors.

About time we pay them for that.

Terry_Schiavo

Scrap Bracket magazine cover model
Water workers, garbagemen, and sewer workers have prevented more deaths from disease than doctors.
About time we pay them for that.
Sewage Joe agrees... I think the water & sewer depts should select who gets to use the systems.

Top Bottom