Jimny this for off road driving

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I would take an old Samurai as a 10th or 12th vehicle in a heartbeat.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
There are a shitload of these still on the road here (it's called the 'Caribian', though I believe it's basically the same as a 'Samurai')- on the rare occasions I've driven one, you can feel the instability at all times- damned near flipped a rental in Phuket 20 years ago:

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
The Jimny is available here for (the equivalent of) $48,700 for the manual and $51,800 for the automatic- don't expect an 'I bought one!' thread from me anytime soon: :biggrin1a:

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
The Jimny is available here for (the equivalent of) $48,700 for the manual and $51,800 for the automatic- don't expect an 'I bought one!' thread from me anytime soon: :biggrin1a:

Is everyone rich there? Vehicles seem to be expensive. I guess that's why they ride scooters and donkey carts.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Is everyone rich there? Vehicles seem to be expensive. I guess that's why they ride scooters and donkey carts.
It depends if they're domestically-manufactured or imported (in which case there are big taxes). You can get a basic, decent vehicle (like a base Ford Ranger or a Toyota Yaris) for ~18K as they're made here, but a run-of-the-mill Mustang GT is over 150K as it's imported and makes above 200hp.🤷‍♂️

Stetson

BAMF+

That link shows the cheapest Jimny is more expensive than the most expensive Chevy Trailblazer. I'd rather have the loaded, tarted-up Trailblazer any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
That link shows the cheapest Jimny is more expensive than the most expensive Chevy Trailblazer. I'd rather have the loaded, tarted-up Trailblazer any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
Definitely- the Jimny will be a niche vehicle here, and I might see one or two over the next couple years. Anything not manufactured here is insanely priced. Check out the Jeep Wrangler prices (I rarely see new Jeeps, though the Cherokee a couple generations back sold fairly well as it was competitively priced)- 5mil baht is ~$157K:

Top Bottom