Jeff Bezos fortune cut in half!!!

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Both he and his soon to be former wife are divorcing.

Washington is a 'community property' and 'no fault' divorce state, so him being the richest man in the world (off and on in a 2 horse race with Gates) and having started Amazon after they were married means she gets 50% no matter what...

"Alexa, download Tinder"

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I don't think he'll be flipping burgers any time soon

she's gonna want him to keep being successful because her cut is going to be largely in AMZN stock which she's gonna need to hold on to.

Z

BAMF+
I'd rather see,,,,,,,,,,,,, :biggar: his neck,,,, cut in half... :up:

rumble phish

BAMF+
state law or no, id have to imagine there was a prenup involved there given the amount of money on the line.
They started Amazon and made their fortune after they were married, so any prenuptial agreement would most likely only take into account what each had coming into the marriage.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Bezos is worth $137,000,000,000- he'll manage just fine, though it will likely mean he won't be the first person to break $200B (or maybe not- Amazon is a juggernaut).

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Bezos is worth $137,000,000,000- he'll manage just fine, though it will likely mean he won't be the first person to break $200B (or maybe not- Amazon is a juggernaut).
He'll prolly just jack Prime membership fee up another $10.00.

OP
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Does anyone remember when Amazon was forecasted by financial firms as "overpriced" during the first tech boom??...
Stating that Amazon would have to sell something like $5,000,000 a day to be worth its stock price at the time...
Was this forecast before or after the dot com bubble burst of '01? Before it would have been a prescient prediction, a lot of the darlings from the 'irrational exuberance' days did not survive, remember Webvan?

If the forecast was after, I imagine those analysts are unemployed.

The late 90's saw me take my first steps at investing in the stock market. In '98, if you had spread $10K evenly among that year's 10 best performing stocks (Amazon among them) on Jan 1, then by NYE it that $10K would've been worth $780K.

Stetson

BAMF
When the local dump announced they were jacking up the price of the pay-as-you-throw garbage bags, I went into the office and bought an entire case the day before the price change. Doubled my money over night, and didn't have to buy garbage bags for about five years after that. :biggrin::up:

Bezos ain't got nothing on my mad investment skills.

Z

BAMF+
Maybe,,,, :afro: Wide faced,,, broads... :wink2:

Kin,,, create,,,, a bedda,,,, suction ?? :yahoo:

rumble phish

BAMF+
She reminds me a of mix of Catherine Zeta Jones (in her prime) and Sofia Vergara . Still ain't worth that kinda of money though...

1547151589348.png
1547151800012.png

OP
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org

nomad

BAMF
Plastic surgery and designer dresses make her look like a muppet not a babe. Shes a dog. excuse me, rich dog..

A23

BAMF
I used to work with the chick he's currently banging.

She's something...

Anal Disco

BAMF
Plastic surgery and designer dresses make her look like a muppet not a babe. Shes a dog. excuse me, rich dog..
You remind of the insecure chicks that hang out in the club that comment on every other chick there and what their wearing and how ugly it is.

Top Bottom