It's not just cars

tinhead

Has never named a pet
The "paper supply shortage" isn't in Connecticut.
It's in Costco's in Connecticut.
Anybody stupid enough to pay a store to shop in it is probably too stupid to buy toilet paper at Shop-Rite or Big Y.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
we wont even get into known longshoremen having to work 70 hours a week to meet current demand... that translates into $400k + a year in income with shift differentials and double OT

tinhead

Has never named a pet
What happens when all those meandering giant container ships unload their cargo in sunny floriduh?

All those bluehairs driving at 15kph and stopping randomly, and the minority drivers who just stop dead in the middle of the street to bullshit their cousins in the doorways, are bottlenecks that make anything the ports do seem small.

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
indeed, didnt biden announce his fix to the problem earlier today was "lets change the ports to 24 hours a day" despite them literally only being closed between 3am and 7am already...

and the fact that the backlog isnt in the ports themselves, but getting the cargo shipped on trucks.

but hey, "build back better"!
Opening the ports 4 extra hours is an actual, concrete move. Not a huge one, but it's 4 extra hours a day to get shit moving, 28 hours a week. They just gained an extra day per week to get shit done.

DeSantis invited ships to Florida....from California.

Perhaps these container ships that travel all over the fucking world were not aware that Florida, the state with the most coastline in the lower 48, has ports. Or that it's on the opposite end of the country.

But hey, genuine leadership!!! Take charge!!! Bravo!!

• Red
Reactions: Red

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Since Rhonda Sanchez drove out the cruise lines from Floriduh, he has to fill those ports with...something.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
Opening the ports 4 extra hours is an actual, concrete move. Not a huge one, but it's 4 extra hours a day to get shit moving, 28 hours a week. They just gained an extra day per week to get shit done.

DeSantis invited ships to Florida....from California.

Perhaps these container ships that travel all over the fucking world were not aware that Florida, the state with the most coastline in the lower 48, has ports. Or that it's on the opposite end of the country.

But hey, genuine leadership!!! Take charge!!! Bravo!!

View attachment 80192
except the bottleneck isnt the amount of hours needed to unload the ships..... port could be open 28 hours a day and the problem still exists.

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
except the bottleneck isnt the amount of hours needed to unload the ships..... port could be open 28 hours a day and the problem still exists.
Okay, and the Biden admin has been trying to coordinate with major retailers to get the shit moving out of port. Truckers are the bottleneck, sure.

But I'm trying to figure out how Florida's governor saying "Hey we have ports" which is a) obvious and b) located over 3,000 fucking miles away as the crow flies (4,400 nautical miles via the Panama Canal) is somehow a genius fucking leadership move. Help me reconcile that, because that just strikes me as lazy cheerleading.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I stopped in Dillon today, to see if they have had any luck getting reloading die production going again. The short answer is no. They can't get the carbide (calcium carbide, I assume) to make their dies. This has been the case for over a year. They tell me they have four suppliers, all of which have no carbide for Dillon.

The same guy told me the primer shortage is going to last four fucking years. He supported that statement by telling me the source for their primers told him there is a four year backlog in orders, and they don't believe they will be caught up for that long.

S.C.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Well that's encouraging news. We're at the beginning of a loooong fuckering, it's only just begun.
If primer prices don't come down, buying manufactured ammo will be about the same cost. There is currently no ammo shortage, just jacked up prices. You can get just about anything you want, if take the time to look for it. If it's common calibers such as 9mm, 5.56 or 7.62x39, it's out there, and cheaper now than it was a year ago, but I doubt we will ever see 1,000 rounds of 9mm again, for under $200. Current pricing is about $400 for 1,000 rounds. I've watched the price fall in the past six months. Hopefully it keeps going that way for a while longer.

S.C.

LE05BUSA

GFY
I stopped in Dillon today, to see if they have had any luck getting reloading die production going again. The short answer is no. They can't get the carbide (calcium carbide, I assume) to make their dies. This has been the case for over a year. They tell me they have four suppliers, all of which have no carbide for Dillon.
I couldn't tell if you are serious, or just fucking with us, but...

Calcium carbide is a white rock that makes acetylene gas when placed in water.

Tungsten carbide is what pistol dies are made out of, as well as sawblade tips, router bits, milling and turning tools, etc.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
posted by a trucker buddy just today.... in savannah....

waiting hours in traffic at the port entrance

View attachment 81911
So they wait, big deal.
There's no shortage. The American consumer is buying record levels of things. Everything.
The ports are full, the trucks are full, the warehouses are overflowing.
Decades of not funding infrastructure is showing now, as well as the rest of idiotic American management.

It gave me a laugh today, American Airlines cancelling thousands of flights because the geniuses scheduled more flights than they have crews for. They kicked pilots, attendants, and agents to the curb 18 months ago, and expected they'd all be waiting with their noses pressed against the glass to come back.

The days of putting out a help wanted sign and being swamped with people who know what they're doing begging for the job are over.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
I just read that Ukraine is responsible for 70% of the world's neon output, and neon is required for the lasers that make microchips, so there's reason to believe that the microchip shit show is going to get worse, along with everything that uses microchips.

We're all going to be driving Slant Six Dodge Darts before you know it. :screama::fu:

Vicious_Cycle

I'm hoping my Buick stash will last a while longer, but I shop online for cars every day. Found a California car on craigslist yesterday with a couple pictures of the underside. It was so clean I couldn't believe it... and it was a 2001. I'm finding myself less and less interested in buying any more Ohio cars. May have to join the sailUSVI sailUSVI "Fly and Drive" program. With my health issues, I'm kind of high maintenance for that action, though...

Vicious_Cycle

Hey, do you want this one? it's 90 minutes from me...
I do not, but thank you for thinking of me. :up:
Looking for something nicer than that for my daughter... I've almost completely given up on finding one in Ohio, but ideally I'll find a rust-free, never been in salt, 2006 - 2009 Buick Lucerne with a 3800 engine, or a Lacrosse meeting the same criteria.

Vicious_Cycle

Been up for a month, probably take less now...
That's a lot of miles. She has one now with 155k on it. The body is still very good condition, but brake lines, power steering lines, transmission cooler lines, fuel lines... all have limited life spans up here in the salt, as you probably recall all too well.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
That's a lot of miles. She has one now with 155k on it. The body is still very good condition, but brake lines, power steering lines, transmission cooler lines, fuel lines... all have limited life spans up here in the salt, as you probably recall all too well.
TBH, the miles down here are usually a little easier on the car than it is on a northern car. Not as many potholes beating the car up, not as many traffic lights and stop signs to stop for. The sun will beat up the top of the car down here the way the salt eats the bottom of a car away up there.
Lots of guys driving around in cars and trucks with 250,000 to 300,000 mile on them and you wouldn't know it to look at it driving by.
That car I posted above is in Franklin, a rich little suburb south of Nashville. Looks like the car was garage kept.
I was supposed to go to an Italian Cars and Bikes and Coffee in Franklin this coming Saturday morning, but it's going to be too cold* for that shit. I was going to offer to look at it for you, but that's not going to happen now. It's a little over 2 hours away.

* 35/16F

r1racer

All Q All the Time
*HONDA MAY U.S. AUTO SALES -57.3%
*TOYOTA US MAY SALES 175,990, -27.3% Y/Y
*MAZDA N. AMERICA MAY SALES DOWN 63.7%
*NISSAN APRIL GLOBAL SALES -29.1%

Well, there goes new car inflation
how long does it take.... to build a USA based manufacturing cmos chip factory... to surpass Asia's finest.....

perhaps bit longer.... than most peeps think....

r1racer

All Q All the Time
Price increases in the past year:

gas: +49%
used cars: +35%
hotel room: +29%
airline tickets: +24%
car rentals: +23%
bacon: +18%
oranges: +18%
furniture: +17%
peanut butter: +16%
crackers: +16%
steak: +16%
suits: +15%
butter: +14%
milk: +13%
lamps: +12%
coffee: +11%
cereal: +10%
yet silver's still 50% off prev highs... 157+ years of manip workin man's coin.... so many 👀 's are....

luckystrike

non binary Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Stock up. Lab grown meat is coming

And I’m not talking about the black sausages you devour
Bill Gates is now the largest farm land owner in the USA

He's also a big proponent of synthetic meat the production of which will make it a big customer of all that farm land

gsxrian

BAMF
*HONDA MAY U.S. AUTO SALES -57.3%
*TOYOTA US MAY SALES 175,990, -27.3% Y/Y
*MAZDA N. AMERICA MAY SALES DOWN 63.7%
*NISSAN APRIL GLOBAL SALES -29.1%

Well, there goes new car inflation
I sure hope the Exotics drop in price.

A low mileage 21 Ferrari Tributo Coupe msrp $300k .... dealer is asking $599k !!!!!

gsxrian

BAMF
I thought you were looking for 720S?

View attachment 101508
My Ferrari post was just an observation ... i don't want sticky buttons, Fuck Ferrari, they make you jump through too many hoops to buy a car!

I am waiting for the whore pricing to drop, msrp or less is ok.

My sons and I are enjoying my 650HP AMG GTR .... they find our C8 too boring :)

shotlady

With a Damn Nice Rack
If the local Big Y runs out of arugula, it's postal time.
this is true i like a bbq/fig sauce with chicken arugula and avocado and red onions on flatbread. I'd lose my shit.

I also mow down hardcore on sweet onion, fresh bay leaves and cilantro to dip in hummus. nice and fresh and crispy.

and my all time fave buffalo tempura cauliflower and of course Brussel sprouts.

first thing im gonna take over is a farm. make all them little bitches work for me so i can be happy. i just gotta figure out tahini.

shotlady

With a Damn Nice Rack
I cant get my Brussel sprouts right, how are you doing those pls disclose full recipe. that or im gonna die. i havent been blanching first. Ill trade you a recipe:( it helps if you smoke a little first for flavoring)

steak gorgonzola.- lazy girl way-
Fettuccini alfredo- (i use trader Joe frozen) I cook this while the steak is in the air fryer
filet mignon cut into 3/4 inch medallions (add salt n pepper sprinkle) air fryer each side for 4 minutes @400 degrees
put steak medallions on fettuccini alfredo bed
sprinkle just a pinch of gorgonzola
drizzle with balsamic vinegar glaze

enjoy!!

shotlady

With a Damn Nice Rack
oh i want to make hummus at home to eat with fresh bay leaves as a wrap with cilantro and sweet onions.
i dont know what oil to use for the tahini.
this shit is tits. i swear to god! i will never leave the house ifn i can get this down.

Have you made the buffalo tempura cauliflower yet- (again you'll want to smoke a little first for flavoring)- lets just presuppose this is the beginning of all my cooking.
I use trader joes kung poa tempura cauliflower (frozen section) ( toss the kung poa sauce or give it to the neighbor)
drizzle frozen cauliflower with sweet baby rays mild buffalo sauce on yer cookie sheet. I use parchment paper on the cookie sheet for quick clean up... it makes me feel fancy.too.
pop in oven at 450 for 25 minutes. drizzle again with buffalo sauce.
then i mix the mild buffalo sauce with some ranch for dipping sauce.
your mouth will have orgasms
enjoy!

I dont really fart with this one, but i do fart with hummus. its worth it...

just like asparagus is worth the horrid pee smell.(not a date night veggie though.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom