It's hot here

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Coming from the very comftable North.. I thought I would Surry be miserable here in the South with the number of 90+ plus days.. specially this summer. But only time I really feel heat here is between 2 and 4.. rest of the time is actually pretty decent..

OP
bowtie

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
Decent isn't a word used when describing the climate around here, it may be decent for a few days a couple of times a year, that's it. The weather here is brutal.
Yes .. moving is talked about daily, the mountains of N.C. looks nice, I'm looking there.

It's unnerving to have a large fire near ..

tinhead

Has never named a pet
10° c here, that's 50 for the hate science types. Watched the Escape Plan trilogy on the Blu-ray, three bux well spent at Walmart's bargain bin. Cold rain and drizzle all day, too. Have to get sox and shoes on to go out and adjust the awning that loosened from flapping in the wind.

Still no sight of Denali. The people that have seen it say it's magnificent.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I walked outside this morning around 7:50 AM and said FUCK! It was so fucking hot and humid, I could hardly breathe.
Then froze my ass off at work all day.

RollieFree

BAMF
Hell I got up here and it was 63 and pleasant. Got up to 90 but then a nice monsoon shower. Now the evening sun is up and it’s fucking nice. Humidity still around 25%.
You’d all hate it here though so NC is your best bet.
sorry for you guys dealing with the brutal heat.
RF

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Decent isn't a word used when describing the climate around here, it may be decent for a few days a couple of times a year, that's it. The weather here is brutal.
Yes .. moving is talked about daily, the mountains of N.C. looks nice, I'm looking there.

It's unnerving to have a large fire near ..
We have 6 months of tough weather, 6 months of lovey weather. You just happen to be in the area that sucks.

Texas is well worth it…..

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Dress for success!
  • White helmet
  • High flowing cordura mesh jacket
  • Vented shorty gloves
  • Moisture wicking socks
  • Vented boots
I may not be happy about the heat but it doesn't prevent me from riding in it.

Was laughing earlier about how parts of Europe are complaining about 85 degree Fahrenheit weather right now.
Acting like it was Hell on earth!

whipit1K

BAMF
Coming from the very comftable North.. I thought I would Surry be miserable here in the South with the number of 90+ plus days.. specially this summer. But only time I really feel heat here is between 2 and 4.. rest of the time is actually pretty decent..
That's the thing about the northeast.....you get to freeze your balls off all winter AND sweat them off quite frequently in the summer. I have spent a fair amount of time in Connecticut over the past few decades and have noticed that in the summer, it is often just as hot and humid in CT as back home in NC.
Now I just want to go to WV....

OP
bowtie

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
Animal evacuations are going on all over the county, big problem finding .. and getting stock transported to safe areas. It's snowed maybe 5 times in the 30 years I've been here, once over a foot.

No one is gonna convince me it's 'nice' here,weather wise it's not.

luckystrike

non binary Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Most critical decision points when choosing where to live: food, water & energy security

Only the NE has all 3

Too many people not thinking about the long game and move to where the bling is

It's not going to work out well for them

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Most critical decision points when choosing where to live: food, water & energy security

Only the NE has all 3
It also has blizzards and fucking cold.

Can you imagine back in the old old days when people had to run outside to the shitter and sit there for a few minutes in the middle of winter.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org

Can you imagine back in the old old days when people had to run outside to the shitter and sit there for a few minutes in the middle of winter.
"It also has blizzards and fucking cold" = water...local water that is

The SW is a ticking timebomb

RollieFree

BAMF
Commies everywhere here, but it was 78 and sunny all day.
Best place in the US if not for the bullshit and peeps, I’d be your next door neighbor. As a kid showing up at MCRD San Diego after leaving Indy on March 5, I thought I was in heaven…for about 5 minutes. I’d have loved to been a young man in CA post WWII. Couldn’t have been a better place. Tons of good jobs, no high cost, beauty everywhere. If I could be reincarnated, that would be my time and place.
RF

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
First 10 years of my life was like that, imagine 40 below and having to take a dump.
I lived in an unheated house in those conditions. Well, the place was heated with a barrel stove. It could get pretty cool in the house by the tyme I got home from work. I'd have to leave the two faucets in the house dribbling to keep the pipes from freezing. I'd be scrounging for wood to burn towards the end of winter. Drag pallets and shit home to burn.

gsxrian

BAMF

Only the NE has all 3

You forgot the most important one .... GUNS!

People with guns, will take what they need.

NE seems not too big on guns?

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Ever sit on a plane next to one of those Hasidic rabbis, the ones with the curly locks?

It's like out back of a restaurant with a dumpster loaded with decomposing seafood

True facts of Willamsburg and Crown Hieghts ... fuckers smell a block away.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF

Only the NE has all 3

Totally disagree..

With the eroding political climate security is non existent.. the winters suck.. summers suck humid smog and heat waves make for a shit time.. over crowded which impacts all food sources... fishing is great if you like shorts that can't be harvested and where on long Island. I moved out of the Northeast for a reason.. actually many of them..

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
You forgot the most important one .... GUNS!

People with guns, will take what they need.

NE seems not too big on guns?
You are correct of course

I should’ve written my post better as I was factoring geographic issues

I see guns and gun access as more of a social policy issue

scottcolbath

BAMF+

I had to do that plenty, up in Maine as a kid. Wasn’t fun. But we did enjoy the snowmobiling and shooting.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Totally disagree..

With the eroding political climate security is non existent.. the winters suck.. summers suck humid smog and heat waves make for a shit time.. over crowded which impacts all food sources... fishing is great if you like shorts that can't be harvested and where on long Island. I moved out of the Northeast for a reason.. actually many of them..
I hear ya but NE to me means more than NY state and NYC

Top Bottom