It took a long time..

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Last raced in Long Island in 2001 when West Hapton Dragway closed for good. Since then a small group of people have been trying to get a drag strip going again for cars and motorcycles. No one wants a drag strip near their developments so Grumman was a logical place to try to get one going.

Riverhead township approved a Trail run to see if this will work.. there are a lot of rules .. like full mufflers, nothing faster then 6.0 on the 1/8 mile track and a few other things but I'm pretty stoked to see it all come together.. that half mile run will be where the fun will be if they let us run to full potential with no speed cut offs.

Most of the racing here is street runs with no prepped surfaces or roll races which are pure shit in my book.. I can still cut a good tree but the risk of breaking shit will surely go up on full slicks. But the fun factor will be worth the price of admission.

Sure I intend to break things ... but I also intend to go fast. :)

Bandit Man

BAMF
Drag radials is where shit comes apart real bad. Regular slicks give a pretty good shock relief on the drive line. Either way it sounds like a barrel of monkeys kinda fun.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Drag radials is where shit comes apart real bad. Regular slicks give a pretty good shock relief on the drive line. Either way it sounds like a barrel of monkeys kinda fun.
I run the drag Radials in the summer street runs .. the slick set up I only use at a prepped track. Huge difference in launch and straight line stability between the two.

Top Bottom