It’s back on the road....

I had a buddy who had one of those back in the '80s. We had a blast in the fucker.

Until we almost died 4 wheeling across a plowed field in the dark heavily drunk.

BigGar

high on placebo
President of Chevrolet saw it and noped it right out of consideration!

Said it would cannibalize his El Camino sales.

It was somehow saved from the crusher and then restored over many years and finished back in 2011.

My client picked it up a few months ago and we're going to take it to some shows out this way.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Dammit, I :heart: this thread.
Wanna race?
My bronco has 215HP!

OP
OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Gar, that thing is a beauty! Maybe he’ll attend the 60th anniversary of the El Camino, a big shindig in Texas this October. Probably not but it would be something to see.

Home

BigGar

high on placebo
Holy shit what a great place to take that thing. I'll send my client the details. I'm likely going to be in Michigan that week, but it would certainly be a hit there. Thanks Rob!

And with a name like Coolmino, you better get some A/C installed in that thing asap! :)

OP
OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Shirt dealie would be cool, it was around 100 yesterday afternoon when I drove it across town from South Houston to the Memorial area, roasted my arse it did. Gonna drive it 200 miles home tomorrow. :redface:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I really dog that car...

But I LOVE your panel truck ...

And the Grey Duelly.

Stetson

BAMF
Does it have the berries to roast those tires? :green:

Looks great.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Gar how is that car plated? How did a prototype get a VIN?

Or is the plate just for looks?

Stetson

BAMF
In Maine, there's a way to get a VIN assigned to something that doesn't have one, like a home made car. The State Police do it, and its a very obvious, non-stock VIN tag. I think is says Maine State Police on it somewhere. Costs $33. Here's the form.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike

FL has a builder format title vin application... guess when peak season is twice a year?? Bike week and Biketoberfest

BigGar

high on placebo

That particular plate I had made by licenseplates.tv They're really great there. It's just for looks. I'm not sure how he plans to plate this one or if he even plans to plate it at all. He pretty much just makes sure everything is well insured and fuck plating anything. I told him if he or I get pulled over in any of the cars they will go to an impound yard and he's just not sweating it. His '95 Range Rover hasn't been registered for a dozen years at least. It's got some old expired Texas plates on it and he just give zero fucks. Some of the stuff has Montana plates. Pretty much nobody bothers you about that here unless you're doing something stupid. California is a strange place. . .

Stetson

BAMF
My neighbor Andy restores fire trucks. He's always driving around in some truck from the 20's or 30's with 100 year old license plates. No one ever bothers him.

Top Bottom